Women’s March focuses on “lifting each other up”

The fourth year of the perpetual temper tantrum…

From SF Gate: Cheering, clapping and waving signs ranging from the profound to the profane, protesters from all over the Bay Area rallied in San Francisco and around the United States for the fourth annual Women’s March on Saturday.

“Today is about lifting each other up,” said San Francisco Mayor London Breed, the city’s first female African American mayor, who swept onstage to roars of approval from the audience.

Hundreds showed up in New York City and thousands in Washington, D.C., for the rallies, which aim to harness the political power of women, although crowds were noticeably smaller than in previous years. Marches were scheduled Saturday in more than 180 cities.

The first marches in 2017 drew hundreds of thousands of people to rallies in cities across the country on the day after President Donald Trump was inaugurated. That year’s D.C. march drew close to 1 million people.

The marches began nationwide in January 2017, sparked by the election of President Donald Trump. About 100,000 people attended in San Francisco that year. Subsequent years have seen smaller crowds locally and nationally. No crowd estimate was available at press time for this year’s event.

“Our reproductive health is under attack” by the current administration, as well as transgender rights and other civil liberties, Breed said. The marches focus on a broad spectrum of issues including immigration, pay equity and racial equality.

Read the whole story here.

My favorite, spotted in DC:

All pictures from Twitter.

Lifting each other up, from what?
How exactly are American women, among the most privileged in the world, downtrodden?

I gather they are lifting each other up from the trauma of being raped and underpaid, which only happens in their feels. In reality they are pampered and overpaid

Grace
Grace
Reply to  William

… and ovaryreacting! 🤣

Reply to  Grace

LOL!!

As well the earnings gap is exacerbated by the fact that women on average take more time off from work, usually sick time, than men do. But womyn don’t want to hear that, they shrink from reason and objective facts like vampires shrink from crucifixes

Reply to  William

Usually while shrieking “sexist” or “mysogynist” all the way home.

I call BS on the wage “gap”, they’re comparing apples to oranges. If a woman is, say an iron worker or construction worker (most are NOT), I’d say yes she should get the same pay if she does the same amount of work.
I talked to a guy who worked construction, he said a woman did the job, but it wrecked her physically. It wrecks men too, but (sorry ladies) men typically are physically stronger than most women. And I don’t mean “women” who used to be “men” but are having a sex identity crisis.

Reply to  chemtrailssuck

There is no wage gap per se, it’s inconceivable that men would be paid more than women now as far as salaries or hourly wages. For physical labor men have greater upper body strength. Some women can do construction work, most can’t. Not well anyway. I don’t know why they would want to. Nothing to apologize for, it’s just the way it is. Most women are prettier than men. I’ve noticed that. Should we complain that it’s not fair that we can’t enter beauty pageants? I mean we have a right to “feel seen ” too 🙂

“Hundreds showed up in New York City”. Really? That many? hahahaha, As we used to say back in the day, you can’t sell bullsh*t twice. The “Always a Slut” womyn; agree, a slut, and the El Diablo/Cornuto shirt provides a bit of candor – The womyn’s “movement” is Luciferian in nature. But what’s up with “rightz”? I guess that’s supposed to be “kool”. But merely stupid

To London Breed, killing and dismembering babies is not “reproductive health”, even in your Orwellian universe. And if you think your “rights” are under attack, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. You know, MAGA 2020. And since there is no such thing as “transgender”, how can non-existent non-entities have rights? She is a walking, breathing non sequiter

Alma
Alma

(Read first pick). Of course I owe it to myself and others that have supported me all the way, the lifting I need comes from Almighty God because I put my trust in Him and from Him I attain inner peace. Thank You God.

Judy JJ Smith
Judy JJ Smith

Underpayed??? seriously?? Says a lot about the petitioner’s education, huh.

Reply to  Judy JJ Smith

I noticed that too. Her educayshun was very expensive Marxist indoctrination, and nothing to show for it but a mountain of debt and a truckload of petty grievances

I couldn’t resist checking out ResistFascism, the sign looked too slick to be anything but Soros-funded astroturf. The usual Maoist references to “determined struggle by The People”, The Planet, “Christian fascists” like Pence, white supremacists. Their talking points are getting old and just by repetition they no longer resonate even with the crazies. Also kvetching re: “fascist mobs”. Apart from antifa, who are by definition fascist, the last fascist mob I can think of took place on Kristalnacht. Some of the tweeters, like “Kat” (of course), a “college student”, referred to “fashism”. In sum, the incoherent raving of people afflicted… Read more »

“Lift each other up”, sounds like a good line for a bra ad!

I remember vividly a few decades ago when we were all inculcated with the fear that the world, as led by men, would be led straight to hell.

Well, here we are now, with women gaining positions in government, news, education, entertainment, sports, business, religion, law, medicine, and even now as CEOs of major corporations and countries. And where are we now headed, perhaps even more rapidly?