Whatever evidence we have point to certain drugs, especially the anti-malaria drug Chloroquine, as being effective against the Wuhan COVID-19 coronavirus:
- Hydroxychloroquine effective since 2005 (Breitbart)
- Chloroquine 100% success rate with zinc (Gateway Pundit)
- French peer-reviewed study of chloroquine 100% success rate (Daily Wire)
- An international poll of thousands of doctors rated Hydroxycholoroquine the “most effective therapy” for COVID-19. But the survey also found that only 23% of U.S. medical professionals had prescribed the drug — far less than other countries. (New York Post)
- Australian study found a single dose of anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin kills COVID-19 in lab by removing all genetic material of the virus within 48 hours (news.com.au)
- Massive doses of vitamin C to treat coronavirus patients (New York Post)
In fact, the FDA recently approved limited use of two anti-malarial drugs, Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine, for COVID-19. (New York Post)
So why are some state governors banning the use of these drugs?
Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D) banned doctors from prescribing hydroxychloroquine and Z-Paks. (The Gateway Pundit)
Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak (D) even issued an emergency resolution restricting the prescription and distribution of Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine, ostensibly to prevent “unnecessary hoarding”. (Clash Daily)
Today, I signed an emergency regulation limiting the prescription & issuance of two drugs that have unproven results with treating COVID-19. While these drugs serve necessary medical purposes, this regulation protects the Nevadans who need them and prevents unnecessary hoarding. pic.twitter.com/dGMDJfdNAW
— Governor Sisolak (@GovSisolak) March 24, 2020
Sisolak refused to reverse his order even after the FDA issued an emergency order approving the use of Hydroxychloroquine for use against COVID 19.
Adding to the irrationality, about a week after Sisolak issued the emergency declaration, news broke that his own Department of Corrections has been hoarding Hydroxychloroquine although no prisoner in state prisons has COVID-19. 360 News Las Vegas reports:
According to sources at the drug maker, Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc, Nevada prisons ordered a large number of their anti-malaria Hydroxychloroquine drug under the name, Plaquenli. Nevada prisons has literally ZERO cases of prisoners infected with the COVID 19 virus to date. The Nevada Board of Pharmacies and the Governor claimed the rule barring doctors from prescribing the drug outside of hospitals was to stop hoarding. After Sisolak’s ban went into effect, the State Prison hoarded the drug in a mass just in case they had break out.
One is tempted to think Democrats Sisolak and Whitmer don’t want COVID-19 patients to be cured or an end to the pandemic.