Did you take Logic in college? I have a series of logical propositions for you:
- Barack Obama is a half-black man.
- Many conservatives did not vote for Obama and continue to oppose him, for ideological and policy reasons.
- But Democrats/Liberals call us racists because Obama is a half-black man.
- Herman Cain, a contender for the GOP’s 2012 presidential nominee, is an all-black man.
- Liberals don’t like Herman Cain.
- Ergo, by their own warped logic, liberals are racists.
- But liberals deny they are racist. One of them, actress Janeane Garofalo, actually calls pro-Cain conservatives “racists”!
- Conclusion: Liberals are either (a) illogical; or (b) liars and hypocrites.
That’s the issue that Charles Hurt addresses in The Washington Times: Why are liberals so racist about Herman Cain? Here are excerpts from Hurt’s op-ed of Oct. 11, 2011:
Is America ready to make history by electing the first black president to replace a black president?
That is the question latest polls increasingly raise these days that show Herman Cain jetting to the front of the GOP pack.
[…] Liberals tolerate blacks and they endure conservatives. But they cannot abide a successful, independent-minded black who dares to step out of line and reject the enslavement of the Plantation Party.
There is no class of people more openly loathed around here than black conservatives. Truly, it is the Mark of Cain among the liberal intelligentsia who dominate the press and corridors of power.
It is because black conservatives — like all conservatives — reject the pact Democratic Party bosses have made with black voters. That pact is governed by two overriding commandments.
First, you shall always be dependent upon the government. Second, never shall you be encouraged to take risks or venture far enough away from the government to be independent and successful. You will forever be enveloped — or entangled — in a government safety net.
In return, these black voters are expected every Election Day to put aside their doubts, stifle their frustrations and forget their ongoing despairs and — like zombies — walk into the polling booth and once again pull the lever for the Democrats.
“Brainwashed” is the term Mr. Cain used, and for which he was somehow accused of being “bigoted” and “racist” by a Democratic operative. Then condescending white liberalism weighed in when actress and activist Janeane Garofalo announced that Republicans who support Mr. Cain are somehow racist.