In the last half century, ever-quicker changes in science and technology had spawned nothing less than a social and cultural revolution — in the family and between the sexes. Women are liberated from the home to work alongside men, while machines take over much of the household chores. Even babies are now conceived in a testtube, instead of a woman’s womb.
Depending on your point of view, relations between men and women have either worsened or improved. While there’ve always been misogynists and misandrists, their numbers seem to be increasing. (See this recent essay by a very angry and bitter man, for example.)
The following news article belongs in the “weird wacky news” category, but it also raises the troubling question of whether men even need women, and vice versa. Your thoughts, reader?
UPDATE: Kim left a comment on this thread, referring us to a fascinating article on singularity and its biblical implications. Singularity is “The merging of man’s biological thinking and existence with technology to the point there is no distinction between human and machine.”
INVENTOR SPENDS CHRISTMAS WITH HIS PERFECT WOMAN – A £30,000 CUSTOM-MADE FEMBOT
Dec 26, 2009 – https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1238324/Robot-Romance-Inventor-Le-Trung-takes-fembot-girlfriend-Christmas-dinner.html
Inventor Le Trung spent Christmas Day with the most important woman in his life – his robot Aiko. The science genius enjoyed a festive dinner with his mum, dad and his £30,000 fembot which he designed and built by hand.
Le, 34, from Brampton, Ontario, Canada, even bought gifts for his dream girl, who is so lifelike she speaks fluent English and Japanese, helped cook the turkey and hang up decorations. ‘Aiko is like any woman, she enjoys getting new clothes,’ he said. ‘I loved buying them for her too.’
I, Robot: Le Trung celebrates Christmas with his robot Aiko, who is so lifelike she speaks fluent English and Japanese
Le, who built his first robot when he was four, has dedicated his life to creating the perfect humanoid and his success so far with Aiko has won him worldwide attention.
Aiko, whose name is Japanese for ‘love-child’ has an amazing artificial intelligence and can speak 13,000 different sentences in two languages. ‘Aiko can recognise faces and says hello to anyone she has met,’ he said. ‘She helps me pick what to have for dinner and knows what drinks I like.’ After Christmas dinner and opening her presents, Aiko joined in the festive tradition of quizzes and board games with the family.
But Le still has one thing on his Christmas wish list for Aiko – mastering the problem of how to make her walk. He said: ‘It is the most difficult thing for any inventor to do. ‘The problem is finding a way for Aiko to walk that looks human-like without impacting on any of her other abilities. I have spent the last six months taking her apart and trying out lots of different systems, but I haven’t been able to get it right yet. I’m working on some new software at the moment. It will be my New Year’s resolution to do this for Aiko.’
Love machine: Trung is so serious about Aiko he bought her Christmas presents
Le has built up huge debts working on his fembot and is still trying to find a technology company to sponsor his research. But in the meantime he has had to move back in with his parents and they will all be spending the festive period and New Year together. ‘My family found it a bit odd at first, but now they all love Aiko,’ said Le. ‘My mum and dad chat away to her. It helps by talking to her, as it improves her vocabulary.’
Le suffered a heart attack two years ago caused by stress after working long hours on Aiko. As he recovered he vowed to complete her so he could market the prototype as a home-help for the elderly or people recovering from hospital treatment.
Le has made his fembot as womanly as possible, in order to make a human-like companion. Aiko, whose age is ‘in her early 20’s’, is 5ft tall and has a perfect 32, 23, 33 figure. She has real silicone skin and a real-hair wig made by a Japanese doll company. Her touch sensitive body knows the difference between being stroked gently or tickled.
‘Like a real female she will react to being touched in certain ways,’said Le. ‘If you grab or squeeze too hard she will try to slap you. She has all senses except for smell. But Aiko is always helpful and never complains. She is the perfect woman to have around at Christmas.’
- Friday Funnies!
- As stocks plummet in coronavirus hysteria, actress Patricia Arquette wants economy to tank to hurt President Trump
- President Trump’s Message: “Stronger”
- Taylor Swift bashes white men in her latest music video
- Santa Clara County DA’s Office creates team to remove firearms from dangerous offenders
- President Trump appoints VP Pence to lead response to coronavirus, former bartender AOC mad
- Like Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein also had deformed genitalia — tiny egg-shaped penis
- Nine-Year-Old Boy Asks Pete Buttigieg Advice on Coming Out
- Lying Libtard Chelsea Handler trying to change her image to sell her new marijuana product line
- Joe Biden says 150 million Americans killed by guns since 2007
- Taylor Swift bashes white men in her latest music video on
- As stocks plummet in coronavirus hysteria, actress Patricia Arquette wants economy to tank to hurt President Trump on
- Friday Funnies! on
- Taylor Swift bashes white men in her latest music video on
- Santa Clara County DA’s Office creates team to remove firearms from dangerous offenders on
- President Trump’s Message: “Stronger” on
- The Homosexual Manifesto of 1987 on
Most read posts
- How ‘Poltergeist’ child actress Heather O’Rourke died 475 views
- Like Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein also had deformed genitalia — tiny egg-shaped penis 293 views
- Friday Funnies! 128 views
- Taylor Swift bashes white men in her latest music video 120 views
- President Trump appoints VP Pence to lead response to coronavirus, former bartender AOC mad 94 views
Founded 12-23-2009. Burned down by WordPress 8-15-2018 with 63M hits. Resurrected 8-23-2018. DDOS attacks began 11-10-2018. Massive Spam attacks on 12-3-2018.