Immediately after the first 2016 presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, a man wearing glasses swiftly removed something from Hillary’s podium.
I need you to help me figure out what he removed.
Here’s the Washington Post‘s live-stream video of the debate. The relevant footage of Hillary’s flunky removing “the thing” from her podium begins around the 4:58:14 mark. I suggest you watch the video in slow motion by:
- Click the wheel icon in the bottom right of the video
- Click “speed”
- Click “0.25”
In case Washington Post also truncates its video to just the debate portion (as NBC did with its debate video, shortening it from the original 2+ hours that contained the post-debate segment of Hillary bending down to shake hands with the fawning audience, which revealed the strange square-shaped thingie and wire attached to her back under her jacket), I took the following screenshots.
Note: For my post on the strange protrusions on Hillary’s back and NBC excising that footage from its video, see “What’s that underneath Hillary Clinton’s jacket at 9/26 debate with Trump?“.
The first screenshot below shows what appears to be a writing pad on Hillary’s podium (circled in yellow).
The man then quickly turns over to Lester Holt the pad he had just removed from Hillary’s podium:
Below are cropped, enlarged images of the thing on Hillary’s podium and the thing in the man’s hands.
So what was “the thing” that Hillary had her flunky remove so quickly from her podium?
- PoliCulture thinks “the thing” is a tablet computer that was transmitting moderator Lester Holt’s questions to Hillary before hand. She did look down at her podium a lot during the debate.
- A tablet computer transmitting answers to Holt’s questions by someone who’s coaching Hillary. (I read somewhere that Bill Clinton declined to sit in the audience during the debate, but chose to be in a “green room”.)
- A pad of writing paper with Holt’s questions and/or answers to the questions, giving Hillary an unfair advantage.
- The most innocent explanation: A writing pad on which Hillary was scribbling notes during the debate. Note that Trump also had a paper pad on his podium. The difference is that Hillary’s flunky very quickly removed her papers, whereas Trump just left his papers behind. Why the haste, unless Hillary had something to hide?
H/t FOTM‘s maziel and truckjunkie.
See also “Hillary Clinton used a ear-phone at debate with Trump“.
I made a GIF of the relevant footage, in case Washington Post (like NBC News) deletes it from its video. At the end of the GIF, you can see mystery man handing over “the thing” to Lester Holt. 🙂
UPDATE (Sept. 30, 2016):
Hillary’s flunky has been identified as Brady Williamson, a long time Democrat apparatchik and three-decade member of the Democrat debate negotiation team.
According to Conservative Treehouse, Williamson removed something much more than just notes atop Hillary’s podium. Another person was also seen removing something. All of the key players were very aware and cautious of the people around them when they were in “cleaning mode”.
Williamson also greeted the Clintons when they arrived at the debate.
- Hillary used a teleprompter during first debate with Trump
- More debate rigging to favor Hillary: The podiums are different
- Hillary Clinton used a ear-phone at debate with Trump
- What’s that underneath Hillary Clinton’s jacket at 9/26 debate with Trump?
- Hillary Clinton wore an ear phone at Commander-in-Chief Forum
H/t Kelleigh Nelson and FOTM‘s TPR.