A week ago, FOTM reposted J. B. Williams’ noteworthy article on the Left pushing for a civil war in America. If everything goes according to the Left’s plan, today may be the beginning of America’s second civil war.
Today, September 17, is the “Day of Rage” — a day of ostensibly “non-violent” civil disobedience targeting Wall Street and capitalism itself, orchestrated by a group of leftwing radicals. Reportedly, similar protests are also planned across the world, designed to bring down the market and the entire political economy of the West.
The fact that September 17 is chosen is very telling because today is Constitution Day — the day America remembers and celebrates the signing of our Constitution at the Philadelphia Constitutional Convention in 1787.
Across the globe, a “day of rage” is planned for the following places:
- #TOMALABOLSA in Madrid, Spain (Confirmed)
- #OCCUPYFDSF in San Francisco, USA (Confirmed)
- #OCCUPYBAYSTREET in Toronto, Canada
- #OCCUPYCANARYWHARF in London, UK
- #OCCUPYMARTINPLACE in Sydney, Australia
- #OCCUPYBANKENVIERTEL in Frankfurt, Germany
- #OCCUPYMARUNOUCHI in Tokyo, Japan
Here’s the US Day of Rage website. The plan is to “occupy” Wall Street and to have protests in at least 5 major U.S. cities: Seattle, Washington; Portland, Oregon; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; and Austin, Texas.
Click here for a global map of the planned protests.
Here are some of Day of Rage’s slogans, posted on the Twitter feed of the group, Take The Square, one of the Rage’s social media planners:
- “Fight market dictatorship!”
- “People of the world rise up!”
- “We are legion!”
- “Take to the streets!”
According to The Blaze, the ringleaders of the US Day of Rage are:
- Stephen Lerner, the director of the banking and finance project of the 2.2 million member Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and serves on its International Executive Board. As early as March 2011, Lerner had stated his intention to destroy JP Morgan Chase and cause the collapse of the stock market: “How do we bring down the stock market? How do we bring down their bonuses? How do we interfere with their ability to, to be rich?”
- Wade Rathke, the co-founder of the criminal syndicate ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) and SEIU’s Local 100. He was ACORN’s chief organizer from its founding in 1970 until he stepped down June 2, 2008.
Barack Obama has ties with both SEIU and ACORN. Lerner was a frequent visitor to the White House in the first year of Obama’s presidency.
Although organizers of the Day of Rage say that the protests will be non-violent, when we look into the origin of the term “Day of Rage,” we find more ominous undertones.
According to The Blaze, the term “Day of Rage” finds origin in “Days of Rage,“ a violent set of riots waged in Chicago in 1969 by the Weathermen’s Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn — Chicago friends of Barack Obama’s. Ayers initially claimed that his Day of Rage would be “non-violent”. But the Weathermen arrived for what became a 4-day rampage in Chicago, in full-clad battle gear, helmets and weapons in tow, and called on activists to kill the rich and even their own parents.
In an interview in 2001 with Chicago Mag, the remorseless Ayers was candid about the Days of Rage’s purpose, which was to “kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents—that‘s where it’s really at.”
As the Weathermen marched on, smashing windows and vandalizing property through the tear-gassed streets of Chicago, nearly 300 militants were arrested and over 60 people were injured. Some reports estimate the damage climbed to hundreds of thousands of dollars — a steep price for four decades ago.
More on who’s funding the Day of Rage in a later post!
H/t Steve, Tina, and Melthemean.