From HuffPo: President Barack Obama urged Americans to remember the nation’s fallen service members on Memorial Day and to honor their memories by taking better care of their families and loved ones at home.
“Here, at Arlington, the deafening sounds of combat have given way to the silence of these sacred hills,” Obama said. “The chaos and confusion of battle has yielded perfect, precise rows of peace. The Americans who rest here, and their families, the best of us, those from whom we asked everything, ask of us today only one thing in return: that we remember them.”
“Those who rest beneath this silence, not only here at Arlington, but at veterans cemeteries across our country and around the world, they didn’t speak the loudest about their patriotism. They let their actions do that. Whether they stood up in times of war, signed up in times of peace, or were called up by a draft board, they embodied the best of America,” the president added.
Obama also urged Americans to honor the dead by making sure service members are welcomed home with jobs and good health care.
Read all the details here.
I know Obama doesn’t practice what he preaches. How else do you explain all these stories:
- Veterans die while waiting for MONTHS to see a doctor at VA hospitals
- Obama’s VA shredded veterans’ disability claims
- Nearly One-Third Of 847,000 Vets With Pending Applications For VA Health Care Already Died
- Veterans still facing major medical delays at VA hospitals
- Seattle VA office lost records; veterans told benefits ending
- 22 military veterans a day commit suicide
- Veterans’ bodies left to rot in L.A. morgue
- 60,000 U.S. military veterans are homeless
- 40% of New York City veterans go hungry
- Obama administration knew Muslim terrorists planned to attack Benghazi
- State Dept phone transcripts show Hillary knew *at the time* that Benghazi was a terrorist attack
- Email proves Hillary and Panetta lied, while men in Benghazi died
- Benghazi survivors ungagged: CIA delayed rescue team & nixed air support
- White House email orchestrates propaganda blaming terrorist attack on a video
Two hundred and thirty-two days until this CIC is gone.