The IRS Anal Probe
I just received an audit on my tax return for 2013 back from the IRS. It puzzles me!!!
They are questioning how many dependents I claimed.
I guess it was because of my response to the question: “List all dependents?”
- 12 million illegal immigrants
- 46 million people on food stamps — as many people as the entire population of Spain!
- 2 million people in over 243 prisons
- 3 million crack heads
- Half of Mexico
- 535 persons in the U.S. House and Senate
- 1 First Lady and her many expensive vacations
- 1 spendthrift President who’s responsible for #1, 2, and 7.
Evidently, the IRS thinks this was NOT an acceptable answer.
I keep asking myself: Whom did I leave out???
On a more serious note, in its annual Report to Congress yesterday, the office of the National Taxpayer Advocate outlined a series of Internal Revenue Service failures, including the trouble taxpayers face reaching the right person in order to meet their tax obligations:
“The IRS does not answer the phone at local offices and has even removed the option it once provided for taxpayers, including the elderly and disabled, to leave a message.”
Until 2013, taxpayers — including the elderly and disabled — were allowed to leave a voicemail requesting an in-person appointment. But now, elderly and disabled taxpayers attempting to navigate the automated helpline maze are asked to email the IRS to set up an appointment. (Source)
H/t FOTM’s dee