“Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” –Isaiah 5:20
It is a biological FACT that only biological females can conceive and bear children.
But in the upside-down world of the Left, to say that is anathema.
Stephen Adams reports for the Daily Mail, November 2, 2019, that a birth coach in the UK named Lynsey McCarthy-Calvert, 45, is ostracized by Doula UK, a national organization for birth coaches, after “transgender” activists took offense at her saying in a Facebook post that only women can have babies.
Note: A doula is an individual, usually a woman, who is not medically trained but who gives help and support to a woman during pregnancy and during and after child birth.
What triggered the trannies was a Facebook post by McCarthy-Calvert containing a photograph of a negligee-clad woman somersaulting underwater, and these words:
“I am not a ‘cervix owner’ I am not a ‘menstruator’ I am not a ‘feeling’. I am not defined by wearing a dress and lipstick. I am a woman: an adult human female.
Women birth all the people, make up half the population, but less than a third of the seats in the House of Commons are occupied by us.”
McCarthy-Calvert continued, saying that women are accused of transphobia more than men — that men are not “subjected to cries of bigotry and transphobia when they say they don’t want to have sex with a woman with a penis”. McCarthy-Calvert also pointed out that most so-called transgender women have not had their male genitalia removed.
A Facebook follower accused her of using “absolutely disgusting language” and that “you seem to be forgetting that not only women birth children.”
Days later, around 20 transgender activists wrote a letter of complaint to Doula UK, claiming McCarthy-Calvert’s Facebook post contained several “trans exclusionary comments” including the description of a woman as an “adult human female”. In so doing, McCarthy-Calvert had “clearly” breached Doula UK’s policies that members “shouldn’t post anything that our colleagues, clients and affiliates would find offensive”.
Doula UK immediately withdrew McCarthy-Calvert as their spokeswoman, and launched a four-month investigation. In March, the organization’s board of directors concluded that McCarthy-Calvert’s Facebook post “does breach Doula UK’s guidelines” on equality and diversity. Doula UK threatened to suspend McCarthy-Calvert, a mother-of-four who had been a doula for six years, unless she deleted her post.
McCarthy-Calvert resigned from the organization altogether. She said:
“I am angry and sad. I was effectively ostracised for saying I am a woman and so are my clients. I have been very disappointed by Doula UK’s response. The leadership are paralysed by not wanting to upset transgender rights activists. They have fallen over themselves to acquiesce to their demands.”
Doula UK denies it had “acquiesced” to activists or that McCarthy-Calvert had been “in some way driven out of the organisation.” Its spokesperson said: “We are proud to say that we seek to listen to the lived experience of marginalised groups and make changes – including changes to the language we use – if we believe it is necessary to make the Doula UK community more welcoming and supportive.”
Daily Mail points out that the hounding of McCarthy-Calvert is the latest in a series of recent “victories” for transgender activists:
- Flora margarine stopped advertising on Mumsnet after the website was accused of being transphobic for hosting a wide range of views on transgender issues.
- The makers of Always sanitary pads removed the female “Venus” symbol from packaging after complaints from transgender “men”.
- Cancer Research UK dropped the word “women” from its Pap smear cervical-cancer screening campaign and replaced the word with “everyone aged 25-64 with a cervix”, ignoring the fact that only biological females (“women”) have a cervix.
The Daily Wire observes:
The UK is ground zero for internecine LGBT warfare over precisely this issue, and the chasm between trans activists and more traditional leftists seems to be growing wider, particularly the division between women’s rights activists and “trans-exclusionary radical feminists” [TERFs] who claim to want to preserve the gains they’ve won for women by ensuring the gender binary doesn’t go by the wayside.
TERFs have come under heavy fire for their views in the progressive UK and in Canada, where a recent panel, featuring a TERF, was widely protested and the panelist regularly compared to a Nazi.
- American College of Pediatricians: Transgenderism is a mental disorder
- Man who went from transgender to a third sex now admits he was mentally ill and that it was all a sham
- Transgender journalist wants to cannibalize ‘transphobes’ in bone soup
- Transgender Madness: Lesbian moms beat boy to death in Mexico, castrate-behead boy in Brazil
- Pentagon, i.e., taxpayers, spent $8M on ‘transgender’ troops
- Virginia school board fires Christian teacher for refusing to use ‘transgender’ pronouns
- Coming to America: Canadian man fined $55,000 for ‘misgendering’ a ‘transgender’
- New study finds transgenderism is contagious among the young