Tag Archives: Texas

Texas soccer coach, an undocumented immigrant, accused of abusing 8 players

The illegal alien/Fox 4 Photo

The illegal alien/Fox 4 Photo

From Fox News: A soccer coach in Texas was arrested after he was accused of sexually abused eight of his players — boys between 10 and 15. Police say more players are likely to come forward.

Marcos Ramos, an undocumented immigrant illegal alien living in Corsicana, Texas, is also is wanted in his native Guatemala for sexually assaulting children, police said. He faces three counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and five counts of indecency with a child.

Investigators say he has been fooling people for years, finding work under assumed names. U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement has placed an immigration hold on Ramos, Fox4 Dallas reported.

Police said Ramos fled Central America and entered the U.S. illegally, first settling in Houston, where he coached a boys’ soccer team. Houston has issued a warrant for his arrest for aggravated sexual assault charges. But he’s facing more charges in Corsicana, where he’s coached recreational soccer for the past four years.

The soccer coach lived across the street from a middle school and close to the team’s practice field. Ramos only coached recreational teams, never for a school.

A woman who lived next door to Ramos who has a 15-year-old son and requested anonymity told Fox4 that she took Ramos to the store last Christmas to help him buy gifts for his team.  “It breaks my heart, because that could have been my kid,” she explained.

Corsicana police have not revealed what aliases Ramos has used.

The station reported that the group of players that has accused the coach is now about two years older than at the time of the abuse, police say. One of the older kids came forward and persuaded other boys to speak out about Ramos, police said.


Illegal alien murder suspect arrested in Georgetown, Texas previously deported 3 times

Illegal alien criminal Luviano/Fox 29 photo

Illegal alien criminal Luviano/Fox 29 photo

A tax-payer relief shot would have worked for me.

From KXAN: Silvestre Franco-Luviano, the man accused of kidnapping a Georgetown man on Monday and wanted in connection with two murders in the Dallas-area over the weekend, has been captured in Georgetown.

As tactical teams were trying to begin negotiations with the 43-year-old suspect Tuesday evening, a fire broke out in the apartment, located in the 2100 block of North Austin Avenue, where police believed the suspect was located. Shortly after the fire broke out, Georgetown police say, Franco-Luviano tried to get away by breaking through the drywall into another apartment.

“The back side of the apartment was the first one he was in and he caught that one on fire then he kicked a hole through the wall and got into this one in the front and set that one on fire too then he ran down the stairs and that’s when they caught him on the third floor,” said neighbor Wes Brauer.

The incident then came to an end at 7:30 p.m., as Luviano was escorted by police out of the Parkview Place Apartments in handcuffs. A .45 caliber handgun was found in the apartment, but police say they are uncertain if it was the same weapon used in connection to the Dallas murders.

Brauer said there’s so much water damage from the fire, several neighbors stayed elsewhere for the night and are starting to cleanup. “My house is wrecked. I gotta go fix my house. Like they had to move stuff to get my dogs out, throw the clothes around,” Brauer said.

Bling Johnson, a witness at the apartment complex, said, “The flash bombs went off, you heard them hit the door really hard, you knew they were going in and the [window] screen comes flying out as if he was going to jump out of the third floor, so he had nowhere to go and at that point he had to know that that was it.”

Nearby Georgetown High School was placed on lockdown during the incident, as authorities searched the apartment complex for the man. Police said they received information just after 5 p.m. that he was inside one of the apartments. KXAN Viewers say they were ordered by police to stay in their homes. Georgetown police say the situation could have ended much differently.

“This is the outcome that we want. No injuries to citizens, officers or suspects so it worked out perfectly,” said Cory Tchida, Assistant Chief of Police with Georgetown Police Department. “The community that I serve has been terrified and understandably so when they start hearing about these acts that are alleged to have been committed by this suspect.”

Reports came into police Monday of an aggravated robbery and kidnapping at the Bealls department store at 1103 Rivery Boulevard in Georgetown. The victim was found around 10 a.m. unharmed at a gas station, around one mile from where he was kidnapped. Police say Luviano let the victim go at the gas station.

On Sunday night, police say Luviano shot at two vehicles in Cedar Hill, Texas at 11:03 p.m. A woman was injured in that incident. He then drove to a Texaco station near U.S. Highway 67, where police believe he shot and killed 44-year-old Welton Betts, who was pumping gas. He forced the passenger out of the car and drove away.

Luviano, who has numerous aliases, is also the suspect in a murder in Dallas prior to the incident in Cedar Hill. He allegedly opened fire on multiple vehicles near Spur 408, killing the occupant of one of the vehicles.

Georgetown police said in a statement Tuesday night, “We are pleased that Franco-Luviano was taken into custody without injury to any citizens, officers, or Franco-Luviano himself.”


Luviano was booked into the Williamson County Jail Tuesday night and moved to the Dallas County Jail on Wednesday on a murder warrant. Additional charges are pending.

The U.S. Marshals says Luviano has been deported three times and he currently has a “no status” to be in the United States.

Since 2010, Luviano has been arrested numerous times in Williamson County alone. He was charged with burglary of a vehicle, failure to display a driver’s license and possession of a controlled substance.



Texas to withdraw from feds’ refugee program over terror threat


From Fox News: The state of Texas on Wednesday announced that it is withdrawing from the Obama administration’s refugee resettlement program due to the administration’s inability to ensure that refugees resettled in the state do not pose terror threats, according to an announcement by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott.

Texas informed the Office of Refugee Resettlement in a letter that it will be withdrawing from the program on Jan. 31, 2017. The letter comes on the heels of several weekend terror attacks across the United States

The administration has refused to approve a security plan by the state of Texas aimed at ensuring that refugees are only resettled following in-depth security checks. 

Texas officials drafted a plan that would require federal national security officials to provide assurances that none of the individuals being resettled pose a terror threat. The administration has declined to approve this plan.

Abbott said Texas would not accept a single refuge until proper security measures are put in place. 

Click for more from The Washington Free Beacon.


Aetna ditching 70% of its ObamaCare business

Obamacare: Going as planned.

tried to warn you

Via NY Post: Insurance giant Aetna won’t be offering coverage under ObamaCare next year in 11 of the 15 states it now serves — an announcement that instantly became an issue in the presidential race.

Aetna’s decision led Donald Trump to charge that President Obama’s health care reform was “imploding.” “Aetna’s decision to leave the Affordable Care Act’s public marketplaces is the latest blow to this broken law that is slowly imploding under its regulatory red tape,” said Trump campaign deputy national policy director Dan Kowalski.

Millions of Americans have lost their health coverage under this disastrous policy, eliminating their ability to choose their doctors. Thousands of businesses have been forced to cut employment or shutter their doors in response to Obama’s signature achievement,” he added.

The company had previously warned that it expected to lose more than $300 million this year on the 900,000 patients it covers under the Affordable Care Act. Aetna said it is pulling out of ObamaCare markets in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Texas.

Aetna does not currently offer the policies in New York. It does offer other medical insurance to individuals and small businesses as well as large employers in the state, officials said. It will continue to offer policies in Delaware, Iowa, Nebraska and Virginia.

ObamaCare is credited with expanding coverage to millions of previously uninsured or under-insured people.

O laughs

But insurers have complained they have lost money on the policies. United Health Group and Humana are other insurers exiting ObamaCare plans.

Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini, in a statement, said there were not enough younger, healthier customers signing up to make ObamaCare policies sustainable. “The vast majority of payers have experienced continued financial stress within their individual public exchange business. Providing affordable, high-quality health care options to consumers is not possible without a balanced risk pool,” Bertolini said.

More than a dozen nonprofit insurance co-ops have shut down in the past couple years. The pullouts could spell trouble because competition is supposed to help control price increases.

Some states like Alaska and Oklahoma will be left with only one insurer selling ObamaCare plans to individuals in 2017. More densely populated states like New York say their ObamaCare markets remain strong.

But rates for customers are skyrocketing to maintain stability.

Obamacare Screw U

Citing increased medical costs, New York recently authorized insurers offering individual ObamaCare plans to increase premiums by an average 16.6 percent — the highest rate hike in the program’s four-year existence. New York’s small businesses will get hit with an average 8.3 percent rate hike.


Texas McDonald’s worker is fired for refusing to serve an off-duty cop

blue lives matter

From Daily Mail: An off-duty police officer out of uniform in Texas was refused service at a local McDonald’s by an employee simply for being a cop.

The officer who works for the Brenham Police Department went to grab a quick bite to eat with his two children at the fast-food chain, but a female employee would not serve him.

Brenham Police Chief Craig Goodman said the shocking incident happened at the 500 Hwy 290 West location in the town that’s located about 80 miles outside of Dallas. ‘We know this was an isolated incident that involved a single employee who is not fond of law enforcement,’ a statement posted to the department’s Facebook page reads.

Goodman told KPRC the employee’s son is currently in custody ‘for a serious offense and she just doesn’t have a pleasant view or a positive view of law enforcement.’ 

Another employee at the McDonald’s stepped in and served the officer and his family. ‘Nobody deserves to be treated like that,’ Goodman told KHOU.  ‘We know that these problems exist everywhere, but we did not expect that here.’

The officer, who has not been publicly named, told his captain what happened and he contacted McDonald’s, who immediately let the employee go.  ‘They, much like a police organization, looked at what took place, and after gathering the information, they came to the right decision and that employee no longer works for their business,’ Goodman said.

He added that the owners of the eatery were ‘disheartened’ when they heard about the incident.  

brenham police department

Goodman said that the officer who this happened to is one of the best in their department and is also a former Marine. He shared that they aren’t judging McDonald’s for what happened based ‘on the action of this one worker. The actions of that one employee do not reflect the beliefs or opinions of management, the owners, or the McDonald’s company as a whole,’ he said. ‘We would like to thank the owners of McDonald’s for their continued support and for seeing that this issue has been resolved.’

In Virginia, a police officer was denied service at a restaurant because she was in uniform. The officer had been standing in line at the Noodles & Company on Duke Street in Alexandria on Monday when a female cook emerged from the back and said she wouldn’t serve the cop, Fox5 reports.

Gesturing towards the cop, the cook told the restaurant’s cashier: ‘You better pull me off the line, because I’m not serving that.’ The Alexandria police department said both the cashier and cook started laughing – and the officer, who has not been identified, left the restaurant at this point.

‘Well, your first response as a police officer is anger.’ police chief Earl Cook told the local station. These are very difficult times right now with our relations with everyone, and to have one of my officers treated in that manner unnecessarily – your first response is anger, then you calm down a bit.’

His outrage at the incident led him to visit the establishment on Tuesday. Managers apologized for it and said they would investigate what had happened. They later told him that it appeared the encounter had occurred just as the officer in question had described. Management said that they would now post signs on their windows to express their support for law enforcement, a representative for the Alexandria police union said, according to Fox.

Noodles & Company released a statement after the incident, saying they expect the ‘highest ethical and personal behavior’ from employees. ‘We value each of our guests and are committed to treating every one with dignity and respect,’ the company said. ‘We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.’ The company added that they are working with authorities to resolve the matter and have made an effort to reach out to the police officer.

In the wake of the incident, Derrick Perks, an editor for Associations Now, said there had been calls for the public to steal from the restaurant. On Twitter, the police department said they do not support any crime to come as a result of the incident – and added that they do not even support a boycott of the restaurant.

Read the rest of the story here.


Texas to require burial or cremation of aborted fetuses

Cue the outrage from the pro-aborts in 3, 2, 1…

unborn baby

Via NY Post: Texas intends to require that aborted fetuses be buried or cremated under new rules following the US Supreme Court’s decision to strike down two of the state’s most restrictive abortion laws.

A federal judge has blocked similar fetal remain requirements in Indiana as part of a preliminary injunction against a sweeping anti-abortion law signed by Republican Gov. Mike Pence.

But Texas is moving forward under orders from GOP Gov. Greg Abbott instead of waiting for lawmakers to pass a bill.

An Abbott spokeswoman said Thursday that talks began months before the proposed rules were quietly released for public comment this week. The new rules are expected to take effect in September.

Abortions in Texas plummeted in the first year under anti-abortion laws that the high court threw out last week.


Texas man’s life ruined by illegal alien and sex offender who stole his identity

Marcus Calvillo on the right (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez File)

Marcus Calvillo on the right (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez File)

Via Fox News: A decades-long ordeal ruined a Texas man, but his life might start to get better now that the convicted sex offender in Kansas who stole his identity has pleaded guilty to misusing a Social Security number.

After years of fighting, Marcus Calvillo almost gave up on trying to clear his name. Then he read an Associated Press story about a case in 2013 in which a Houston teacher’s entire identity was stolen. Calvillo contacted the federal prosecutor in Wichita who was involved in that case, Assistant U.S. Attorney Brent Anderson, hoping the official might help him as well.

“I don’t know of a case where the theft of an identity had a more devastating impact than this one,” Anderson said of Calvillo’s plight.

The guilty plea Monday from Fernando Neave-Ceniceros, a 41-year-old convicted child sex offender and Mexican national, will help untangle the impostor’s long criminal history and begin to repair the havoc left behind for Calvillo, the man whose identity he assumed.

“Now we have a court on-the-record admission of who he really is,” Anderson said after the hearing.

Neave-Ceniceros admitted in his plea deal in U.S. District Court in Wichita to unlawfully using Calvillo’s Social Security number to hide his own identity and lack of legal status in the United States. He will be sentenced July 25. His attorney, David Freund, declined to comment.

The defendant’s criminal record — including convictions for indecent liberties with a child, bribery, drug offenses and other charges — became wrongly linked to Calvillo when the impostor was first fingerprinted as a teenager using the false identity.

Calvillo, now 46 and living in Grand Prairie, Texas, went public with his ordeal in October, telling the AP at the time that his “whole life has been put on hold because of this person, and it has gotten worse and worse and worse.” He recalled his confusion when he got fired from his job as a cable installer, being told only, “You know what you did.”

He was in his early 20s when he learned his identity had been hijacked. His marriage fell apart. He couldn’t find or keep a job, and fell behind on bills and child support.

Calvillo, who prosecutors say has no criminal record, began rebuilding his life after the government found him an alternative Social Security number. Now self-employed, he has a home services business that power washes houses.

Once Neave-Ceniceros is sentenced, Anderson said he can begin clearing Calvillo’s name in each county where the impostor’s seven felony convictions for past crimes took place.

Under the plea agreement, Neave-Ceniceros would get a year and a day to be served concurrently with a state prison sentence he is already serving. He then will likely be deported.