When my friend Mark S. McGrew said in an email to me yesterday that there’s a video showing the First Lady with snot coming out of her nose, I was incredulous.
But you can see this with your own eyes for yourself.
On February 28, 2011, Michelle Obama gave a speech at the National Governors Association Meeting in the White House. Here’s the video, provided by the White House (fast forward to the end of the video where you’ll see the www.WHITEHOUSE.gov imprimatur).
Go ahead and verify the following for yourselves:
- At the 10:47 mark: M.O. wipes her nose with a finger.
- At the 11:16 mark: The sniffles begin.
- At the 12:50 mark: Visible shiny mucus secretion from her nose.
- Beginning at the 14:20 mark: A drop of mucus comes out of her left nostril.
- Beginning at the 16:10 mark: The droplet of mucus is clearly visible.
- At the 16:55 mark: M.O. wipes nose with right hand.
- At the 17:02 mark: M.O. wipes nose with left hand. Right after that, I do believe I saw her tongue flicking up to lick the moisture.
Here’s a closeup of the screenshot I took of the shiny droplet under M.O.’s left nostril at the 14:20 mark:
As you can see for yourself, this wasn’t just a little mucus; this was a sustained mucus secretion that lasted more than SIX minutes at least.
I don’t get it. If M.O. had a cold that day, why didn’t she use a tissue or hankie to blow her nose? Or is this a case of coke sniffles? From “The Signs of Cocaine Use“:
The signs of cocaine use can sometimes be obvious. Cocaine, if snorted, wreaks havoc on membranes in the nose. As a result of a heavy dose of cocaine abuse, a user may have the “sniffles” for several days afterward. Now, sometimes this may present itself as just a minor affliction, like that you might see in an allergy sufferer. Other times the sniffling is pronounced. You probably have noticed that your loved one is having some serious trouble with their nose.
When I used cocaine heavily I would need a box of kleenex by my side for days. I struggled with a mucus drip coming out of my nostrils and found myself sniffling frequently, about once a minute or more, to keep this mucus from running down my face.