Tag Archives: sexual assault

#BelieveSurvivors: Washington state has nearly 6,500 untested rape kits

Justice moves very slowly for women in Washington state.

From MSN: More than 6,000 sexual assault kits that could potentially bring justice to thousands of rape victims in Washington state have not been tested, according to the state attorney general’s office.

In a Wednesday press release, the office of Washington state Attorney General Bob Ferguson said it determined there was a statewide backlog of 6,460 evidence kits after collecting inventory information from 208 law enforcement agencies in the state. Many of the kits have been in storage for years, with the oldest untested kit dating back to 1982.

The medical evidence kits contain biological samples collected from people who reported that they were assaulted. Authorities booked the kits into evidence but never submitted them to a crime lab for a DNA analysis.

Sexual assault survivors deserve justice,” Ferguson said. “Each sexual assault kit tells a story from a survivor that must be heard.”

(Well, they eventually might see justice.)

Washington state is among numerous other places where untested sexual assault kits have piled up. End The Backlog, a nonprofit organization that aims to address the issue, estimates there are hundreds of thousands of untested kits in storage facilities across the country.

Ferguson has been working to address the problem in his state. Late last year, his office received a $3 million grant from the U.S. Department of Justice to deal with the backlog. Since then, the office has received roughly $750,000, or one-quarter of the grant money, to conduct an inventory of the untested kits. The state legislature has also dedicated funding to the backlog.

The attorney general reported two types of rape kit backlogs. The first is the “unsubmitted” sexual assault kit backlog, which consists of kits that sit in evidence storage facilities because DNA analysis was never requested.

The second type of backlog occurs in crime lab facilities and involves “backlogged” sexual assault kits that have been submitted and are awaiting testing.

The kits could contain DNA from suspects who could be identified through the FBI’S national DNA database system. The central repository of DNA information contains biological evidence not only from sex offenders, but also from individuals arrested or convicted of federal offenses or other qualifying crimes, which vary by state.

The Seattle Times reported that King County prosecutors demonstrated the value of testing old rape kits on Monday, when they charged 53-year-old Darin Lamont Bolar in the sexual assault of a teenager in Seattle more than a decade ago.

The victim’s rape kit, which contained evidence collected in 2007, was not tested until last December. Between 2007 and now, prosecutors said, Bolar was able to commit additional “violent and sexually aggressive crimes,” according to the Times.

With backlogged rape kits now inventoried, Ferguson said his office will request the remainder of the federal grant money to pay for testing. Once the kits are tested, authorities can use DNA evidence to reopen cases, he said.

Testing the kits could “identify serial rapists, link cases across the country, provide critical links that could solve homicide cases and provide answers to victims and their families,” the attorney general’s office said.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0
 

Slick Willie buddy and liberal hack George Stephanopoulos says “Trump always sides with men on sexual misconduct claims”

I bet he said that without any sense of irony.

From Fox News: Bill Clinton spokesperson-turned ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos has been called out for hypocrisy after a combative interview with press secretary Sarah Sanders on Tuesday, when the “Good Morning America” star accused President Trump of always siding with men when it comes to sexual misconduct claims.

“It is absolutely amazing that Stephanopoulos has the gall to say it seems like President Trump is always siding with the men when it comes to accusations of sexual impropriety and sexual assault given his work in the Clinton administration,” conservative strategist Chris Barron told Fox News.

The interview started off with a series of questions about Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein before the conversation shifted to the ongoing sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“The president consistently, every single time, takes the side of the man,” Stephanopoulos said.

Sanders fired back, “It’s interesting that you say that. It’s a lot of Democrats that like to ignore Keith Ellison and Cory Booker. They love to fight and champion women until they disagree with them.”

Stephanopoulos reminded Sanders that Al Franken lost his job over inappropriate sexual behavior.

“A number of other Democrats should have the same type of scrutiny,” Sanders said, before Stephanopoulos interrupted, “Every single time, the president has taken the side of the man against women accusers.”

Sanders said that Trump knows Brett Kavanaugh and has heard his story, explaining that there hasn’t been a “shred of evidence” to back up claims made against the Supreme Court nominee — but the “GMA” star quickly changed the subject.

“Maybe ABC should have found someone with a little more credibility around this issue to ask these questions,” Barron said. “Factually, Stephanopoulos is also flat wrong. President Trump has been a high-profile defender of women like Juanita Broaddrick who were victimized by President Clinton and demonized by the main stream media.”

Read the whole story here.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0
 

Victim of tolerance: Teenager, 14, raped and murdered in Germany by failed asylum seeker

ali bashar AFP photo

Perp Ali Bashar/AFP photo


From Daily Mirror: A failed asylum seeker has confessed to the rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl in Germany – where tributes have claimed she’s the ‘victim of tolerance’.
Susanna Maria Feldman was strangled and buried close to a railway track near a refugee camp in her hometown of Wiesbaden, Germany.
Ali Bashar, 20, was arrested by Kurdish security forces after fleeing Germany to Iraq on a ticket which did not match the name on his passport.
There he was interrogated by Iraqi police officers – where he is said to have confessed to the crimes. He is due to be sent back to Germany today.
This comes after a 13-year-old refugee told police in Wiesbaden that Bashar was responsible for killing the teenager. Bashar is a suspect in a string of other offences, including sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl in the refugee camp and knifepoint robbery.
He arrived in Germany in 2015 with his parents and five siblings but his asylum request was refused, local media reports. Although he was due to be deported, he obtained temporary residence while he waited for his appeal to be heard.
Susanna went missing on May 23 after going out with her friends the previous night, but police did not investigate because she was “often truant.”
Tributes have now been left near the area she was found – including a cross with a sign reading: ‘Susanna, 14 year-old, victim of tolerance’.
Flowers and candles also adorn the makeshift memorial.
Her mother, Diana Feldman, wrote on Facebook before her daughter’s body was found: “There is nothing worse for a mother in the world than not to know where her child is.”
Now, the case has put renewed pressure on Merkel’s government over the decision to open Germany’s borders at the height of the refuge crisis in 2015.
Alice Weidel, the chief of far right party AfD, told the Times of Israel: “Susanna is a new victim of the egotistical and hypocritical welcoming policy of Chancellor Angela Merkel.”
DCG

Please follow and like us:

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0
 

German leisure center becomes first to ban migrants

rapefugees
Someone finally doing something to protect their people.
From Daily Mail: A German leisure centre has become the first in the country to ban all migrants after a schoolgirl was sexually assaulted in a public swimming pool by Syrian teenagers.
Three Syrian boys were arrested earlier this month over the attack at a leisure centre in Munich as the country grapples with growing concerns about sex crimes perpetrated by asylum seekers.
In response to growing concerns, a leisure centre in Bornheim, North Rhine-Westphalia, has now barred all migrants.
The ban also follows an attack by an 18-year-old refugee on a 54-year-old woman in Bornheim, where he had grabbed her by the private parts and tried to kiss her. The victim was only rescued from a further attack by a couple who heard her screams and ran to help. The teenager was arrested a short while later.
Bornheim social affairs councillor and deputy mayor Markus Schnapka said the move followed an emergency meeting of locals where the swimming pool ban was announced. He said: ‘At the public meeting, I made it quite clear that it was an extremely difficult decision and it’s clear that many innocent refugees are also affected by this.’
He added that so far none of the local incidents had resulted in criminal complaints, but it was clear that action needed to be taken to prevent the situation escalating.  He said: ‘We are mainly talking about verbal attacks.’
Bornheim currently has 300 refugees living in accommodation who have been told that the ban will be lifted when the message has been received that women need to be respected.
In the Munich attack, the three boys are alleged to have surrounded the 17-year-old girl in the pool before one of them groped her underneath her swimming costume in an offence deemed rape under local law.
When the girl’s sister, 14, tried to make them stop, she too was groped by the trio of teenagers, who were all aged under 15.  The girls managed to flee and raise the alarm with the lifeguard at the swimming pool, who called police.
Because the asylum seekers were only 15, they were not remanded in custody and will be prosecuted under juvenile law.
The main offender’s two friends were arrested for assault for taking part in the attack.
It comes after more than three hundred women reported being sexually assaulted by groups of mostly Arab or North African men in Cologne during New Year celebrations.
Hundreds of criminal complaints have been filed by police, with about 45 per cent involving allegations of sexual offences, and most of the suspects identified so far are foreign nationals.
Read the rest of the story here.
See also:

DCG

Please follow and like us:

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0
 

Illegal alien raped/impregnated 14-year-old stepdaughter for anchor baby

It gets worse: The mother of the stepdaughter knew about the sexual assaults and DID NOTHING.
From Illegal Alien Crime Report: MILWAUKEE, WI (The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel) – As an undocumented immigrant illegal alien, Horacio Alvarado thought if he could show he was the father of a newborn American citizen, he would be allowed to remain in the United States himself.
But the paternity test ultimately resulted in more severe charges for Alvarado because the mother of the child was only 15 and was his stepdaughter, according to a criminal complaint.
Alvarado, 32, now faces three felonies for what investigators say were several years of sustained sexual assaults, assaults his wife later knew about yet did nothing to prevent, according to the complaint.
Alvarado is charged with first-degree sexual assault, resulting in pregnancy, repeated sexual assault of a child and incest. He pleaded not guilty at a court appearance last week and is being held on $20,000 bail but has a bail hearing next week.
His wife is charged with child neglect, a misdemeanor.
The criminal complaint says the victim came forward last month to report the offenses, which she said began when she was 14 and continued for four years. The assaults took place at the family’s south side home when her mother was at work, or late at night when the mother was asleep.
Other times, the victim told police, Alvarado would take her to a friend’s home or to random parking lots where they’d have sex in his car.
The assaults continued after the victim became pregnant at 15 and later delivered the child, the complaint says.
When she was 17, the victim told police, her mother walked in on Alvarado sexually assaulting her in their home. The mother then sat down and spoke with her husband in Spanish but said nothing to her, and the assaults continued.
The complaint doesn’t indicate when, but at some point, the girl told her mother that Alvarado was the father of her child, and his paternity was established in court in 2015, and there appeared to be a dispute between the victim and Alvarado regarding custody of the child earlier this year.
According to court records, a court commissioner last month entered an interim order that Alvarado should have primary placement and that the child’s mother would have reasonable visitation rights.
Police investigating the sexual assaults retested Alvarado and confirmed his paternity of the child, and that Alvarado was married to her mother during the period the victim said he was regularly having sex with her.
Alvarado apparently believed in the so-called anchor baby myth, that having a child born in the U.S. might protect illegal immigrants from deportation. It does not, even when the birth is not itself the result of a felony sexual assault.
DCG

Please follow and like us:

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0
 

Obama's other son looks like this

Tyrone Dale David Woodfork

 Burglar, Rapist, Murderer


[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9TSUh10jsU&feature=related]

Please follow and like us:

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0