“A political fundraiser for @SenatorSandoval simulates an assassination attempt against a mock @realDonaldTrump decked out in Mexican garb. Looks like a man pointed a fake assault weapon at the fake President to pose for a picture.”
State Senator Martin Sandoval and @DemsforIllinois have condemned the photos.
The “party of tolerance” and advocates against gun violence should take a hard look in the mirror.
Does that include using Alec’s preferred method (physical violence) of dealing with people?
From MyFoxChicago: Actor and anti-Trump activist Alec Baldwin took to Twitter on Tuesday with a not-so-subtle attack on the president, diagnosing America with “a National Socialist tumor in its body” and urging followers to “do everything in your power to get rid of Trump.”
Baldwin’s message was sent from the verified account of his foundation – which has 1.11 million followers.
“The United States has a National Socialist tumor in its body and it is growing day by day,” Baldwin wrote. “This alone should compel you to do everything in your power to get rid of Trump.”
The term “National Socialist” refers to Adolf Hitler’s German Nazi Party, according to Britannica.
After the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting many, many, MANY progressive media outlets reported about President Trump’s visit to the city as if it was the end of the world (at least he didn’t go to a fundraiser):
Joss Whedon is a Hollyweird proggie worth $100 million. His claim to fame is being a writer for “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” TV show and some “Avengers” movies. Because he’s a liberal, Joss is “welcoming to everyone,” does not have a small mind, and has “given more to the population of the United States than any other group.” WRONG.
Whedon tweeted out the above on April 3. (Update: From what I can see on his Twitter timeline on Thursday night, the COWARD deleted the tweet.)
Any wonder why we say liberalism is a mental disorder?
Take a chill pill, girl. Better yet, go get on that farm. It’s not like Hollyweird box office will miss you since your latest movies have not been all that stellar.
From HuffPo: Jennifer Lawrence has never met President Donald Trump, but she knows exactly what she’s going to say ― and order to drink ― if she ever runs into him.
“I’ve got a pretty good speech,” the 27-year-old said in an interview with Oprah for The Hollywood Reporter. “And it ends with a martini to the face. I have something to say for all of them. I watch different characters on the news, and I’m like, ‘You just wait.’”
Considering Lawrence is a self-proclaimed fan of all things “Real Housewives,” we’re sure her drink-throwing technique would be on point.
“I would [be prepared], definitely,” she told Oprah. “Oh, my God, I’ve been waiting for this moment. I’ll give you a hint — it’s not nice. You wouldn’t want me to say it to you.
We can try to imagine what she might say, since Lawrence came up with a short speech last year when she heard she and Trump would be at the same event.
“I was at a concert where I heard he was attending, so I had my full security team, like I was like, ‘Find Donald Trump,’” she said on the “Graham Norton Show.” “I was adamant on finding him and making a video of me going, ‘Hey, Trump, f*ck you!’”
This rant comes from Scott Hamann, a Democratic member of the Maine House of Representatives, representing District 31. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
On Facebook he went off on Trump and his supporters. Of course, he’s apologized so his party will forgive him. I doubt the Secret Service will be so quick to forgive his “sarcasm.”
From WMTW: Rep. Scott Hamann, (D) South Portland, is apologizing for an obscene Facebook post criticizing President Trump and his supporters. “I regret my impulsive decision to post something aggressively sarcastic and inappropriate in a Facebook exchange with a childhood friend. While the tone of the post was born out of frustration with the vile language currently surrounding politics, I should not have responded with the same language,” Hamann wrote in a statement.
Hamann wrote, “Trump is a half-term President, at most, especially if I ever get within 10 feet of that p**sy.” The post also criticized the president for his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the G 20 Summit and the Access Hollywood tape where President Trump made the comment about grabbing women by their genitalia.
Maine GOP Chair Demi Kouzounas was quick to respond to the post.
“Words cannot even begin to describe the level of revulsion I feel after reading Representative Scott Hamann’s recent tirade that has come to light. Perhaps the most alarming aspect of this tirade is an implied death threat against our President,” Kouzounas wrote. He went on to call the comments, “unhinged and dangerous.” He’s calling on Maine Speaker of the House Sarah Gideon (D-Freeport) to take action.
Hamann’s apology made no reference to the comment about President Trump being a half-term president.
From Fox News: A former “Sons of Guns” reality TV star did a double-take last month when he clicked on a link that said, “Rapper Threatens Trump” and instantly recognized his distinctively customized firearms being waved around by a local wannabe.
“As I’m watching it, I’m thinking these guns are very recognizable,” Joe Meaux, whose Baton Rouge store, Meaux Guns and Ammo, was burglarized in July, 2015. “As I watched more, I realized that they were very familiar. They were stolen from me last year.”
By the time Meaux called police, he said local authorities and the Secret Service were already aware of the Instagram video featuring Demarcus Davis, 22, a local rapper who goes by “Maine Musik.” While they may not have known the guns were stolen, the federal agency takes any threat to a presidential candidate very seriously. “I really want to go to war with Donald Trump because Donald Trump is tryin’ to take food stamps from my momma and that’s all the (expletive) she got,” Davis said on the video. “Let Donald Trump know it’s up over here. We want war; we’re going to declare war.”
Later in the video, Davis makes an ambiguous reference to ISIS. “I ain’t worried about ISIS,” Davis said on camera. “They just called me and want me to fk with them now. You heard me, we’ve got them drums and grenades but I’m scared to throw them.”
Davis was nabbed on June 3, when he ran a stop sign in Baton Rouge, according to police. There was a warrant out for his arrest stemming from an undisclosed 2015 incident.
“Davis was stopped for traffic violation,” Baton Rouge Police Sgt. Don Coppola said. “It was at that time that we learned that he was wanted and then he was taken into custody at that time.” Davis was booked on multiple weapons counts and a drug charge, police said. He posted $23,000 bail and was released the same day, according to online records. While his charges include possession of stolen guns, Davis is not currently suspected of taking part in a burglary blitz of Baton Rouge gun shops last summer that included an audacious heist at Meaux’s store. Three men are facing prosecution for those break-ins.
The Secret Service did not respond to a request for comment.
Meaux said his guns, stolen when thieves bored into the side of the Mammoth Avenue building after hours, were easy to spot. “My guns are all very recognizable, we do a lot of custom work,” he said. “There was one Ak-47 copy built from a .22 I identified. Everything from the optic to the way the sling was placed was all very identifiable.” In addition to the videos featuring allegedly stolen guns, investigators found a photo of Davis holding a stolen customized Ruger 10/22 Krinker Plinker on his public Facebook page, sources said. His Instagram account, which has 53,000 followers, still shows photographs of him posing with other guns.
“Many of the items have been recovered, but the matter is still under investigation so when that is completed we will hopefully get them back,” Meaux said. “But the most important thing is that they are off the streets now.”
A store Meaux previously ran, Red Jacket Firearms, was for several seasons the centerpiece of the Discovery show “Sons of Guns.” The show was canceled in 2014 after co-owner Will Hayden was charged with raping a minor. Davis, who could not be reached for comment and did not have an attorney listed on court documents, is back on the streets awaiting his next legal hearing. And in a new video posted to his Instagram account on Wednesday, he had traded in stolen guns for a knife. “Fk Donald Trump,” Davis says on screen as he walks through an urban neighborhood, waving a large blade. “No more guns… It’s our summer 16, b*tch.”
It pays to be a public servant.
From Fox News: President Obama sought to increase the amount of money available for the federal government to spend on former presidents in advance of his White House exit. In his budget requests for fiscal years 2016 and 2017, Obama proposed hikes in the appropriations for expenditures of former presidents, according to a report from the Congressional Research Service published Wednesday.
The report, which discusses the pensions and other federal benefits offered to former commanders-in-chief by way of the Former Presidents Act, specifies that Obama’s 2017 budget proposes a nearly 18 percent hike in appropriations for expenditures of former presidents. He successfully requested an increase in such appropriations for fiscal year 2016.
“The President’s FY2017 budget request seeks $3,865,000 in appropriations for expenditures for former Presidents, an increase of $588,000 (17.9%) from the FY2016 appropriation level. The increase in requested appropriations for FY2017 anticipates President Barack Obama’s transition from incumbent to former President,” the report reads.
“For FY2016, President Obama requested and received appropriations of $3,277,000 for expenditures for former Presidents–an increase of $25,000 from FY2015 appropriated levels.”
The Former Presidents Act, enacted in 1958, provides living former presidents with a pension, office staff and support, funds for travel, Secret Service protection, and mailing privileges. It also provides benefits for presidential spouses. Currently, former presidents are awarded a pension equal to the salary of cabinet secretaries, which totaled $203,700 for the 2015 calendar year and was boosted by $2,000 for the current calendar year.
Maybe they all should have brought clocks that they “built“. Fox News: Authorities ordered hundreds of cancer-stricken children and their supporters to leave a park by the White House this weekend, citing security concerns as the president was scheduled to head to a speaking engagement.
The Washington Post reports that the Secret Service ordered Lafayette Square cleared Saturday night as a vigil was about to begin during the two-day CureFest for Childhood Cancer.
U.S. Park Police spokeswoman Sgt. Anna Rose says the Secret Service announced the security closure for presidential movement at 7:15 p.m. President Barack Obama spoke later that night at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s annual awards dinner Saturday night.
In a statement, Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary says that the closures were part of standard protocols near the White House, but that the agency regrets not communicating the timeline more effectively to those involved in CureFest. Event organizers say the closure dragged on for at least two hours and some sick children had to return to hotel rooms.
From the Washington Post: “We ended up waiting at the gates for two hours, and they never let us in,” said Natasha Gould, an 11-year-old from Canada who started a blog after being diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor this year. “And to be clear, the entire crowd was half kids. I cried last night in my hotel room because it was my first CureFest, and I couldn’t believe people were acting like they don’t care about children.”
Organizers, aligned with the Truth 365 grass-roots child-cancer advocacy program, had obtained a permit to hold “A Night of Golden Lights,” in which participants would light electric candles.
But as the closure continued on, some of the sick children, fatigued by the wait or the need to receive medication, had to return to their hotel rooms, organizers said. Others began crying, and some parents became enraged. Attendees said the group of at least 700 people was not allowed access to personal items they left behind, such as chairs and blankets.“