More hate crimes against Americans wearing MAGA hats.
On February 25, 2019, at around 3:24 p.m., police responded to a call of a dispute at the ShopRite on Elizabeth Avenue in Somerset, New Jersey.
Arriving officers found an 81-year-old man suffering from minor injuries.
The victim told officers that as he was exiting the store after purchasing his groceries, a man confronted him regarding his red MAGA (Make America Great Again) hat, according to the prosecutor’s office.
A brief verbal confrontation ensued. As the victim turned to walk away, the attacker grabbed the victim’s hat and the two struggled for possession of the hat. The attacker then took the victim by the arm and threw him to the ground, tipping over the victim’s cart of groceries and throwing his hat to the side.
Happily, police arrested the attacker, Ryan M. Salvagno, 19, the same day.
Salvagno is charged with assault, a disorderly persons offense, and harassment, a petty disorderly persons offense. He is scheduled for arraignment on March 14 in Franklin Township Municipal Court.
In some states, assault on an elderly victim is categorized as aggravated assault that carries more serious penalties, but apparently not in New Jersey.
H/t Big Lug
- Kentucky man arrested for pulling gun on couple wearing MAGA hats
- Latina arrested for assaulting man wearing MAGA hat
- California restaurant wants to ban customers who wear MAGA hat
- Liberal Intolerance: Homosexual parents throw son out for his MAGA hat
- Unhinged demorats: Man throws drink in teen’s face and steals MAGA cap off his head
- Black man in MAGA hat harassed-threatened by Florida Cheesecake Factory staffers
- American woman in Denmark attacks Danish man for wearing a MAGA hat
- High school teacher, who forced students to turn their MAGA T-shirts inside out, resigns
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!