Yesterday, our DCG reported that on Monday, October 1, 2018, two envelopes addressed to Defense Secretary James Mattis and Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson tested positive for the deadly poison ricin at the Pentagon’s mail facility.
According to CBS News, citing Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White, both envelopes contained castor seeds which, if swallowed, can release ricin.
An envelope suspected of containing ricin was also sent to President Trump. Thankfully, it was intercepted and never made it to the White House. (New York Post)
By yesterday afternoon, a suspect had been taken into custody.
FBI Salt Lake City field office spokesman Doug Davis said, “No wider threat to the public safety exists at this time. As it is a pending matter, that’s all we can say at this time.”
According to Fox News, a return address on the two envelopes sent to the Pentagon led investigators to Allen. A tip from the White House led the Pentagon to discover the packages.
This is what we know about William Clyde Allen III (source: Heavy.com):
(1) Age 39, from Logan, Utah.
(2) A Navy veteran who served for 4 years. He enlisted in October 1998 and left in October 2002, demoted from E4 to E2.
(3) Allen has a criminal record:
- Two years after he left the Navy, in 2004, Allen was charged in a child sex-abuse case involving two girls with whom he had an unspecified “relationship of trust”. He pleaded guilty to neglect and abuse charges and was not registered as a sex offender. (Stars and Stripes)
- Later that same year, a woman filed a protective order against him. He disputed but agreed to the order.
- In 2008, Allen pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in Davis County, and was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in jail. He was released in 2011.
(4) According to the New York Times, a Facebook account that shares Allen’s full name and location contains posts, written in a pseudo-archaic language, on what the NYT calls “Christianity,” resentment against the 1% elite, against the news media, and videos about extracting cyanide from apple seeds:
- Religion: On May 27, Allen wrote: “humans are of God and of curious workmanship, may they in one accord follow their hearts, and well use their minds, bodies, and strength for in this Earth Garden God made for us to do good with and impart freely thereof that all may have in abundance and joy.” On September 21, Allen wrote: “As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more; but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.”
- One-percenters: On October 2, 2018, Allen posted a meme that “The ninety-nine percent are just a bunch of Zero’$”. On May 27, Allen wrote: “Dear 1%ers, It is ‘not’ legal to buy humans, but they are completely for sale to go to and fro, doing whatever thou desirest in thine Earth, doing withersoever thou desirest, in whatever clothes and adornments thine see fit to accomplish thine kingdoms grace.” Allen accuses the 1%ers of “nepotically” abandoning “the 99% populous [sic] and its children,” and of being “like a coward seeking for self, much like the devil.”
- News media: On Sept. 26, he wrote: “If one were to copy the persona of the news media they would be considered a crazy paranoid schizophrenic stocker [sic] disturbing the peace, enticing riots & public upheavals, premeditated mayhem of policy, defamation of public character & treason.”
According to TruthFinder, Allen is 5′ 6″ tall, currently employed at Aaa Steel Buildings in Clearfield, Utah. His criminal record includes:
- In 1998, speeding.
- In 2003 and 2004, driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
- In 2004, convicted for child abuse/neglect under Utah Code 76-5-109: Child abandonment means the parent or legal guardian of a child, defined as under 18 years of age, “intentionally ceases to maintain physical custody of the child”; “intentionally fails to make reasonable arrangements for the safety, care, and physical custody of the child”; “intentionally fails to provide the child with food, shelter, or clothing”. Child abuse means inflicting or causing “serious physical injury”, or commits or causes another to commit child abandonment.
In November 2004, Allen filed for bankruptcy, which was discharged the following March.
In other words, William Clyde Allen III fits the profile that the Left like to demonize: an angry white male, military veteran, religious, resentful of the elite, and hostile to the mainstream media.
Allen’s failure in the Navy may explain his targeting of Mattis and Richardson, but not of President Trump who is critical of the “fake news” mainstream media.
A motive for the mailings is still under investigation, authorities said. Federal charges are expected to be filed tomorrow. (CBS News)
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!