Tag Archives: Reuters

Blackout: Major progressive web sites omit report that Starbucks is giving raises as result of GOP tax cut

media TDS
Yesterday at 5:09 am Reuters reported that Starbucks was going to give raises to employees. From the story:
Starbucks Corp (SBUX.O) will use some of the savings from the new U.S. corporate tax cuts to give domestic employees pay raises, company stock and expanded benefits with a combined worth of more than $250 million, the company said on Wednesday.
With the announcement, the world’s biggest coffee chain joins companies like Walmart (WMT.N), Apple Inc APPL.O, Comcast Corp (CMCSA.O) and American Airlines Group Inc (AAL.O) in sharing their tax savings with employees.
Starbucks is known for giving its workers, which it calls “partners,” more generous pay and benefits than other mass-market restaurants and retailers.
“Investing in our partners has long been our strategy, and due to the recent changes in U.S. tax law, we are able to accelerate some significant partner investments,” Chief Executive Kevin Johnson said in a letter to employees.”
Read the rest of the story here.
Over 11 hours later, at 1:45 pm (Central Time), I went to several proggie web sites to search how they reported this great news. I searched the following sites to see if they had “Starbucks” or any story on their home page about this announcement:

At the time of my search, I didn’t find ANY article on this good news on the above web sites. Gee, I wonder why?
CBS news had the story, at the bottom of their home page under the “Money Watch” category. Fox News DID have the story, about a quarter of the way down on their home page.
Wonder if these progressive “news” web sites will get around to reporting this great news as a result of the GOP tax cut plan, which NOT ONE demorat voted for.
No wonder we call them #FakeNews.
DCG
PS: I checked all the web sites bulleted above at 9:30 pm last night and STILL NOTHING about the Starbucks announcement. Shocker, not.

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Marine Kills Two At Quantico Base, Takes Own Life.

This Just In.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:37am EDT
(Reporting by Cynthia Johnston; Editing by Pravin Char and W Simon)

https://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/22/us-usa-quantico-lockdown-idUSBRE92L05N20130322

(Reuters) – An active-duty Marine shot dead two fellow service members at a base at Quantico, Virginia, then barricaded himself in a building and killed himself, prompting a brief lockdown of the base, the Marines said on Friday.
The shootings took place late on Thursday near the Officer Candidate School at the Marine Corps Base in Quantico, and all three people who died were identified as Marines, Marines spokesman Sergeant Christopher Zahn said.
Zahn, who is based at Quantico, could give no details as to a motive for the shootings.
“The investigation is in the very early stages,” he said.
“An isolated shooting incident has occurred at Officer Candidate School, Quantico,” the base separately said on its Facebook page. “The suspect has been barricaded by law enforcement personnel.”
The Facebook message told base residents to remain in their homes with their doors locked, until the lockdown was lifted early on Friday.
The Marines did not name the service members who died, pending
notification of their families. ABC News quoted a military official as saying the suspect had been identified as a staff member at the cadet school, as was one of the victims.
ABC also said that the second person killed was a female Marine found dead in the barracks, but gave no further details.
The shooting, which ABC News reported took place in a barracks near the school, came days after seven U.S. Marines were killed in a mortar explosion at an Army munitions depot in Nevada during a live-fire training
n that incident on Monday, a lightweight mortar exploded prematurely in its firing tube, killing the Marines from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, who had been undergoing mountain warfare training, and wounding eight other service members.
It prompted the Marines to order a blanket suspension of the use of 60mm mortars pending a review.
~Steve~                                 H/T   Drudge
 
 

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Breaking !! My Prayers Have Been Answered . See Prayer Really Does Work!

Twinkies return expected by summer, new Hostess owner says.

twinkie-4

Keep your stinking hands off my Twinkies or you will find out what the 2nd Amendment is really for.

                       ~Steve~

Twinkies and other Hostess snacks could be back on store shelves by this summer. The winning bid of 410 million dollars went to Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos and Company.
The new owner of Hostess Brands Inc’s snack cakes hopes to have Twinkies back on U.S. store shelves by this summer, according to a member of the purchasing group.

“Our family is thrilled to have the opportunity to reestablish these iconic brands with new creative marketing ideas and renewed sales efforts and investment,” Daren Metropoulos, a principal at his family’s private equity firm, told Reuters in an email on Tuesday.
“We look forward to having America‘s favorite snacks back on the shelf by this summer.”

Daren’s father, Dean Metropoulos, teamed up with Apollo Global Management to offer $410 million for Twinkies and other snack cakes. Their offer was to serve as the minimum offer for the business but no other bidders emerged.
Besides the iconic Twinkie, Hostess’ snack cake line also includes cakes, which include CupCakes, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos.
News of their winning offer was revealed late on Monday in a court filing.

Copyright © 2013, Reuters

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-new-hostess-owner-eyes-twinkies-summer-return-20130312,0,704303.story

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Spain in Turmoil

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vZ8yNywAOEk#!]

The RT News Agency posted this video of the protesters who surrounded the capital building in Madrid yesterday.  The situation is horrific and likely to get much worse.  How much longer can the European Union hold together when the whole economy goes under?  It’s front page news everywhere over there.

As with Occupy Wall Street and the Arab Spring protests, Reuters reports, “The protest, promoted over the Internet by different activist groups, was younger and more rowdy than recent marches called by labor unions. Protesters said they were fed up with cuts to public salaries and health and education.”

Der Spiegel elaborates, “ Some 6,000 people marched before Spanish Parliament on Tuesday against the belt-tightening measures and several grew violent. Police beat back demonstrators with batons and fired rubber bullets on the crowd, according to several news reports. Protesters retaliated by hurling rocks and bottles at authorities and tearing down barricades. The violent clashes led to 22 arrests and 32 injuries, including four policemen

What next?

~LTG

 

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Harry Reid in Hell

On August 23, 2012, I wrote a post asking if Reuters is turning against the POS.

What prompted my query was this photo of the teleprompter president, taken by Reuters’ Kevin Lamarque on August 21, 2012, at the POS’s campaign event at Capital University in Columbus, Ohio:

We now have yet another Reuters photo, taken by Jason Reed, this time of Dingy Harry — Senate Majority Leader Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) — when he spoke at the 2012 Democratic National Convention yesterday.

At casual glance, the backdrop of leaping flames behind Reid makes it appear the Demonrat is in hell. LOL

The background actually is a scenic view of Nevada’s red canyon rocks, provided by the 2012 DNC, as you can see in this video of Dingy’s speech. I suggest you hit your “mute” button first 😉

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs57MoS9JJk]

I’m beginning to really like Reuters….  😀

H/t Drudge Report

~Eowyn

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Media sharks begin to go after Romney

Mark Hosenball of Reuters has an article on Dec. 6, 2011, with the rather sensational title:

“Romney staff spent nearly $100,000 to hide records” !!!!

In it Hosenball writes that “Reuters has learnt that” in 2007, during the final weeks of Mitt Romney’s term as governor of Massachusetts and a few months before he launched his campaign for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination, Romney spent nearly $100,000 in state funds to replace computers in his office at “as part of an unprecedented effort to keep his records secret.”
Having already characterized Romney’s effort as — gasp! — “unprecedented,” Hosenball then adds that unnamed faceless “Massachusetts officials” say that Romney’s move “was legal but unusual” for a departing governor.
All of which amounts to a pile of innuendo on the part of Reuters.

Gosh, I wish Hosenball and Reuters would be as assiduous in reporting on the ONE TO TWO MILLION DOLLARS Barack Obama has spent on the lawyers he’s hired to thwart all the many eligibility lawsuits from getting a hearing in court.
I wish Hosenball and Reuters could manage to muster even an ounce of curiosity about why three years into his presidency, Barack Obama still will not reveal his kindergarten school records; his college admission S.A.T. scores; his Occidental College records; his Columbia University records; his L.S.A.T. scores that got him admitted into the elite Harvard University Law School despite lackluster grades in both Occidental and Columbia; the passport he had used to travel to Pakistan in 1981; why he has a Connecticut-issued Social Security number; and, of course, the original, instead of an online image, of his birth certificate.
Until Hosenball musters up that elemental curiosity about Obama’s “unprecedented effort to keep his records secret,” I really can’t get all exercised about what Romney might or might not have done in 2007.
H/t beloved fellow Tina.
~Eowyn

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Pornography Found In Bin Laden Hideout.. hehehehe

 
Now Kiddies what has Momma told you about Porno. It will make you go blind.
And it seems the nice Men in The Seals/CIA have seen to it as they reportedly blew out his eye. Momma is always right.
Friday, 13 May 2011 04:25 PM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A stash of pornography was found in the hideout of Osama bin Laden by the U.S. commandos who killed him, current and former U.S. officials said Friday.
The pornography recovered in bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, consists of modern, electronically recorded video and is fairly extensive, according to the officials, who discussed the discovery with Reuters on condition of anonymity.
The officials said they were not yet sure precisely where in the compound the pornography was discovered or who had been viewing it. Specifically, the officials said they did not know if bin Laden himself had acquired or viewed the materials.
 For Rest Of Story Pls go Here
https://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/OsamaBinLaden-Pornography/2011/05/13/id/396308?s=al&promo_code=C43C-1
 ~Steve~

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

The Osama Death Scene Photos Obama Doesn't Want You to See

UPDATE: Judicial Watch has filed a FOIA request for the Osama raid photos and video. The Defense Department has 20 days to legally respond.
Last Sunday evening, Obama interrupted network TV’s prime time, including his nemesis Donald Trump’s “Celebrity Apprentice,” with a dramatic announcement. A week before, US Navy SEALs broke into a compound in Pakistan and killed al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.
Earlier today, three days after Obama’s prime time press appearance, he decided against releasing Osama’s death photos, citing the reason as not wanting to inflame Muslim passions and incite their violence. Hmm, how come that  didn’t stop our government from releasing those awful prisoner abuse photos from Abu Ghraib and from Afghanistan and Iraq? Obama had authorized the release of the latter pics.
But an unnamed Pakistani security official who had entered Osama’s compound about an hour after the early morning raid, took photos, which he sold to Reuters. Here are excerpts from Reuters’ account:

The photos, taken by a Pakistani security official who entered the compound after the early morning raid on Monday, show two men dressed in traditional Pakistani garb and one in a t-shirt, with blood streaming from their ears, noses and mouths…. None of the men looked like bin Laden….

Based on the time-stamps on the pictures, the earliest one was dated May 2, 2:30 a.m., approximately an hour after the completion of the raid in which bin Laden was killed.

Other photos, taken hours later at between 5:21 a.m. and 6:43 a.m. show the outside of the trash-strewn compound and the wreckage of the helicopter the United States abandoned….

Reuters is confident of the authenticity of the purchased images because details in the photos appear to show a wrecked helicopter from the assault, matching details from photos taken independently on Monday. U.S. forces lost a helicopter in the raid due to a mechanical problem and later destroyed it. The pictures are also taken in sequence and are all the same size in pixels, indicating they have not been tampered with. The time and date in the photos as recorded in the digital file’s metadata match lighting conditions for the area as well as the time and date imprinted on the image itself.

Alas, the whole thing is a tease. On the Reuters page, it says “Warning: The following images contain graphic content.” BUT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS! Reuters must have pulled them — but not before Right Wing News Watch saw them and posted two of the pics on its site. Here they are. Neither is of Osama bin Laden.
You are forewarned about the graphic content!

Not Osama bin Laden! Unidentified man killed in the supposed raid on Osama's compound in Pakistan


Another unidentified man who is not Osama bin Laden!


Meanwhile, the Osama death photo that RINO Senator Scott Brown said he had obtained “from a reliable source” and which he “and a lot of other people (senators?)” saw turns out to be a fake.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
And how does Reuters know the above photos are not fake as well?
The joke is on all of us.
~Eowyn

Please follow and like us:
error0