I won’t celebrate fakery.
From Yahoo: It’s men’s fashion week over in London right now, so there are lots of runway images hitting the wire, but the ones from designer Xander Zhou‘s show on Monday really have people talking. That’s because he had many of his male models walk the catwalk with fake pregnant bellies.
Some wore tight T-shirts lifted up so the prosthetic stomach was in full view, and others clutched their covered gut region with nurturing arms, which, as Fashionista pointed out, helped distinguish their fake preggo stomachs from, like, beer bellies. At least one model wore a shirt that said, “New World Baby.”
As far as the meaning behind the prosthetics, the brand had this to say post-show on Instagram: “At Supernatural, Extraterrestrial & Co., we’re prepared to welcome a future of male pregnancy.”
See all the photos here.
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Introduces a Male CoverBoy
- “Genderqueer” activist new face of Fluide makeup campaign
- Transgender Laverne Cox covers Cosmopolitan magazine to disrupt heteronormative ideas
- Men’s Grooming Guru: ‘Masculinity Is So Fragile, It’s So Toxic’
- Meet transvestite ‘Beauty Boy’ – the new face of Maybelline cosmetics