In a huge victory for pro-life advocates in California, SB 128, the physician-assisted suicide bill that was passed by the state Senate has died because Democrats had trouble finding enough votes in a state Assembly committee to move the bill ahead. SB 128 is reportedly off the table for the rest of the year! (Source)
SB 128, California’s physician-assisted suicide bill, SB 128, is up for a hearing today, July 7.
SaveCalifornia.com has the information on what we can do to defeat the poisonous bill.
According to liberal Los Angeles Times columnist George Skelton, there are 6 Democrats on the California Assembly Health Committee who don’t like SB 128. Call them now, and tell them to vote “NO” on SB 128:
- Lorena Gonzalez of San Diego: (916) 319-2080
- Jimmy Gomez of downtown Los Angeles: (916) 319-2051
- Roger Hernández of West Covina: (916) 319-2048
- Freddie Rodriguez of Pomona/Chino: (916) 319-2052
- Miguel Santiago of downtown Los Angeles: (916) 319-2053
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas of Culver City: (916) 319-2054
Also call these 2 Republicans from San Diego County on the committee:
- Brian Maienschein (916) 319-2077
- Rocky Chávez (916) 319-2076
Do the math: If all 6 Republicans on the 19-member committee vote no, and at least 4 Democrats vote no or abstain, SB 128 will fail to achieve a majority vote and will instead be defeated, preventing California from becoming the Suicide State.
TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION. Call these assemblymembers right now and say, “Oppose SB 128. Please vote no!”
Refer them to The Netherlands and Belgium, where physician-assisted suicide is resulting in doctors killing people who are not terminally-ill, including the elderly, the young, the mentally ill, and babies. See:
- Up to 650 babies euthanized every year in Holland
- 1/3 of Dutch physicians are willing to kill the mentally ill
- Belgium’s culture of death: Woman, 24, granted right to die by euthanasia over suicidal thoughts: ‘Life, that’s not for me’