Tag Archives: Peterson William Fontes

California man raped women through a hole in porta-potties

For the life of me, I can’t figure out the mechanics of how these rapes could have happened.

On Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019, a Napa County jury convicted 42-year-old Peterson William Fontes of Richmond, California, of “sexual penetration by force” in incidents involving porta-potties at two S. F. Bay Area music festivals in May 2019.

Prosecutors say Fontes cut holes into the back of portable toilets and “digitally penetrated” (he used his fingers?) two women while they were using the toilets at BottleRock Napa Valley in May 2019 and at a street fair/festival that same month in Alameda County. That would explain why jurors also found Fontes guilty of one count of second-degree burglary and one count of vandalism, as well as a special allegation that the damage caused by the vandalism was over $400.

According to police, Fontes touched the first woman inappropriately while she was using a portable restroom at the music festival Saturday night. The woman said she had been assaulted in the porta-potty through a hole. Officers found that a wall of the portable restroom “had been compromised which allowed the offender to reach into the interior of the restroom.” Authorities checked other portable restrooms in the area and found that “several” had also been tampered with.

The following night, a BottleRock staff member patrolling an area of portable restrooms spotted a man acting suspicious. Authorities examined the area where the man, identified as Fontes, was found and discovered another portable restroom that had been tampered with. Fontes was taken into custody and charged with penetration by a foreign object, vandalism and peeking while loitering.

Napa Police Department Detective Brandt Keown led the investigation of Fontes, who was arrested when he was caught behind the porta-potties at BottleRock Napa Valley.

Napa County Superior Court Judge Scott Young presided over the trial, which included testimonies from the two female victims. Napa County Deputy District Attorney Kristen Orlando, who prosecuted the case, said: “This was a unique situation where the defendant targeted multiple victims in portable bathrooms where they were at their most vulnerable. The bravery of both survivors to come forward and face their abuser is a true testament to their extraordinary courage. I am grateful to this jury, like my team, our office, and myself they believed in the survivors, honored their bravery and helped them achieve justice through this conviction.”

Following his conviction, Fontes is being held without bail. His sentencing hearing is set for Jan. 14.

Sources: NBC Bay Area; Patch; Napa Valley Register

~Eowyn

Drudge Report has gone to the dark side. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by a military veteran!

Please follow and like us:

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0