On March 14, 2019, New Zealand had its deadliest mass shootings in modern history when 50 people were shot to death and another 50 injured in two mosques in Christchurch. The shootings bear all the marks of being a false flag. See:
- How we know New Zealand mosque shooting video is a CGI fake
- The Christchurch mosque-shooting video banned by New Zealand government
- The NZ mosque-shooting post that got Tony Mead banned from Facebook, again
- NZ mosque shooting ‘hero dad’ caught texting in rehearsal video
- New Zealand mosque shootings: the John Podesta connection
False flag or not, the New Zealand government didn’t let the crisis go to waste.
As DCG explained, New Zealand’s weapons legislation was considered more relaxed than most Western countries outside of the USA. Gun owners do need a license but they aren’t required to register their guns — unlike in neighboring Australia where the rate of gun ownership is one for every 8 people, compared with New Zealand’s one gun for every three people.
According to official police figures, nearly 7,000 New Zealanders were legally allowed to own semi-automatic weapons. Two days after the shootings, however, New Zealand’s left-wing Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern declared that “our gun laws will change” and that several “in principle decisions” on gun control had already been made by her Cabinet ministers.
Six days after the mosque shootings, Arden announed a ban on the “military style” weapons used in the attacks. Less than a month later, a law prohibiting ownership of most semiautomatic weapons passed New Zealand’s parliament by 119 votes to one.
Even before the ban, compliant New Zealanders voluntarily disarmed themselves by surrendering their legally-owned semiautomatic firearms ahead of gun reforms — to PM Ardern’s praise and approval. (See “False flags work: New Zealand sheeple voluntarily surrender their guns after mosque shootings”)
But sheeple New Zealanders apparently are a small number.
Writing for The Federalist Papers on Dec. 22, 2019, Carmine Sabine reports that despite PM Ardern’s gun confiscation program (“We have moved to stop the sale, and now we’ve moved to stop the ongoing circulation of these weapons”), New Zealand’s Council of Licensed Firearms Owners (COLFO) said Wellington’s gun confiscation scheme is an “unmitigated failure.” COLFO secretary Nicole McKee said the gun buyback program “lacked fair and reasonable compensation for legally purchased items.”
Note: Founded in 1996 “to combat firearms-related disinformation,” the Council of Licensed Firearms Owners represents the interests of firearms owners and is the largest voluntary shooting-related organization in New Zealand.
According to the Washington Post, Wellington managed to obtain 47,000 of the banned “assault rifles” and around 2,000 were modified to fit within the law. But at least two-thirds of the now illegal “assault rifles” are still in their owners’ hands.
Police Minister Stuart Nash disagrees. Nash told New Zealand’s 1News he believes the program was successful in buying back the majority of the firearms: “There’s been 580 collection events, there’s 60 in the last week alone, there’s 52,000 guns that have been taken out of our community… I think our community is safer for it…. I think we’ve got the vast majority of these guns in.”
Federalist Papers‘ Sabine points out: “the fact is they did not get every gun. They cannot even agree on what percentage they got.”