Here’s a simple but brilliant explanation to bring home how deceptive are the fiscal cliff deal and all talk by the Obama regime of cutting government deficit.
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $16,428,000,000,000 (and increasing by each second)
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $164,280
* Total budget cuts so far: $385
Got It ?????
Here’s another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let’s say, you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood, and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do?
Raise the ceilings, or remove the shit?
H/t FOTM’s Stephanie O.