Last night the GOP likely extended (at the time I scheduled this blog post) its majority in the Senate.
Key republican wins included:
- Mike Braun in Indiana
- Kevin Cramer defeated Heidi Heitkamp (who voted against Kavanaugh) in North Dakota
- Marsha Blackburn in Tennessee
- Josh Hawley defeated Claire McCaskill in Missouri
- Rick Scott in Florida
This win is very important to keep control of the appointment of judicial nominees since the Senate confirms federal judges and – most importantly – SCOTUS nominees.
The SCOTUS is leaning more conservative with the appointments of Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch.
Considering the health condition and age of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, there is a very good chance that President Trump could have the chance to nominate another conservative to the SCOTUS.
Lindsey Graham tweeted the following last night:
- “One of the reasons we are winning big in the Senate tonight is because of the way Democrats treated Brett Kavanaugh.”
- “The conservative judicial train will keep running. President Trump has a lot to be proud of … without him I don’t think we would have had the night that we had.”
@LindseyGrahamSC #ElectionNight response on Fox News”
Good news last night, very good news indeed.
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!