Tag Archives: Minnesota

Known by the company you keep: Demorat Keith Ellison dined with Louis Farrakhan, Iranian president

ellison obama and farrakhan

From Fox News: Democratic National Committee Deputy Chair Keith Ellison attended a private dinner hosted by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in 2013, along with the head of the black nationalist group Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan.

First reported by The Wall Street Journal, Ellison, the Democratic congressman from Minnesota, also visited with Farrakhan in 2015.

Ellison attended the 2013 dinner with two other members of the Congressional Black Caucus—Reps. Andre Carson, D-Ind., and Gregory Meeks, D-N.Y. Rouhani invited Muslim leaders from around the U.S. to dinner after addressing the United Nations General Assembly.

The Nation of Islam website confirmed the attendance of “the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan” to the dinner on Sept. 23, 2013 across the street from the U.N. headquarters in New York City. FinalCall.com, the Nation of Islam’s publication, confirmed Ellison’s attendance with an article, and photos of Ellison and Farrakhan at the tables.

“After the guests were hosted at a dinner, the Iranian president entered and engaged in warm discussion with guests, including Democratic congressmen Greg Meeks of New York, Keith Ellison of Minnesota, who is a Muslim,” Final Call wrote on Oct. 2, 2013.

Iran has been listed by the U.S. government as a “state sponsor of terrorism” since 1984.

But the dinner was not the first time Ellison was associated with Farrakhan. Ellison attended Farrakhan’s Million Man March in 1995, and even publicly defended Farrakhan – who has repeatedly made anti-semitic remarks, and has called Jews “satanic” – according to a report by the Daily Caller.

Ellison has attempted to distance himself from Farrakhan, especially during his run for DNC chair in 2016, writing an op-ed for The Washington Post, painting his relationship with Farrakhan as limited to the 1995 march.

But Farrakhan slammed Ellison, posting a video to Facebook saying that Ellison and Carson visited him in 2015.

Neither the DNC nor Ellison’s office responded to Fox News’ request for comment.

Former White House press secretary, now Fox News contributor Ari Fleischer slammed the media for not covering the latest Ellison-Farrakhan development. “Once again, no feeding frenzy by the media. Don’t let anyone tell you the press is neutral. They’re not. Their silence is deafening. Ellison Attended Private Dinner With Iranian President and Louis Farrakhan in 2013 via @freebeacon,” Fleischer tweeted Monday.

The Congressional Black Caucus also has been tied to Farrakhan in recent months – especially with the surfacing of a photo taken in 2005, with then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. smiling alongside him. A Final Call photographer, according to the Daily Caller, said he kept the photo hidden for 13 years at the request of the CBC in order to protect Obama’s political career.

Just last week, Democratic Rep. Danny Davis of Illinois defended Farrakhan as an “outstanding human being.”

Farrakhan’s past extreme comments include praise for Adolf Hitler as a “very great man,” blaming Jews for the 9/11 attacks, and saying white people “deserve to die.”

“I don’t regard Louis Farrakhan as an aberration or anything, I regard him as an outstanding human being who commands a following of individuals who are learned and articulate and he plays a big role in the lives of thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people,” Davis told the Daily Caller last week, and noted that “it wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary” for him to meet with Farrakhan.



Minnesota school district removes “To Kill a Mockingbird” to protect students’ dignity

to kill a mockingbird

If the n-word is so hurtful and oppressive then why do rap musicians continue to use it in their lyrics?

From Fox News: A Minnesota school district removed classic novels “To Kill a Mockingbird” and “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” from its required reading lists due to the novels’ use of a racial slur.

Michael Cary, the director of curriculum and instruction for Duluth School District, announced the two books were removed due to the n-word being used throughout both novels.

“We felt that we could still teach the same standards and expectations through other novels that didn’t require students to feel humiliated or marginalized by the use of racial slurs,” Cary told the Duluth News Tribune.

The two books would be available in school libraries if students were interested in reading them on their own, FOX 21 Online reported.

Cary said the books were removed in order to be “considerate of all of its students.”

Stephan Witherspoon, the president of NAACP’s local chapter, said he welcomed the decision. He called the novels “hurtful” that “use hurtful language that has oppressed the people for over 200 years.

“It’s wrong. There are a lot more authors out there with better literature that can do the same thing that does not degrade our people. I’m glad that they’re making the decision and it’s long overdue, like 20 years overdue,” Witherspoon said. “Let’s move forward and work together to make school work for all of our kids, not just some, all of them.”

Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel is listed at No. 21 on the American Library Association’s most “banned or challenged books list in the last decade.” The novel, published in 1960, followed the adventures of a girl and her brother and the racial inequality that existed in their small Alabama town.

Last year, administrators at the Biloxi School District in Mississippi removed the book from the curriculum.

“The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn,” published in 1884 by Mark Twain, follows the adventures of a poor white boy and a slave. The novel also made the list of “most frequently challenged books” in 2015, The Washington Post reported. Both novels use the n-word throughout.

Cary said the school’s administrators and teachers were working on introducing new books to the curriculum. “The decision to protect the dignity of our students seemed like a reasonable and easy one to make that didn’t require teacher input. But in terms of making sure that we select excellent novels that serve the same purpose, that definitely needs teacher feedback and their help in making that decision,” Cary said.


Demorats now want accused groper Al Franken back

al franken

Al Franken: Not a predator

Shocker, not.

Via NY Post: Some Democratic senators now regret pushing accused groper Sen. Al Franken to resign, and are urging him to stay on, according to a new report.

“I think we acted prematurely, before we had all the facts,” one anonymous senator told Politico. “In retrospect, I think we acted too fast.”

Franken reluctantly bowed to his colleagues’ demands to step down earlier this month after he was accused of sexual assault by eight women, saying he’d leave the Senate “in the coming weeks.” Minnesota Lt. Gov. Tina Smith has been tapped as his replacement.

But at least four senators — including three who initially joined the chorus demanding the handsy lawmaker step down — now want the Minnesota pol to reconsider his planned January exit, the site reports.

Leading the call is West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin — who never called on Franken to resign in the first place, and who believes he should have been allowed to go through a Senate Ethics Committee probe.

“Here’s a man, that all he said [was], ‘Take me through the Ethics Committee. I will live by whatever decision and I will walk away thinking about this opportunity I’ve had while I was here. But you find out if I’m a predator,’” Manchin told Politico.

Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy, who publicly demanded Franken resign at the time, is also said to be among those having regrets, Politico reports.

Some Democratic donors are on board, too.

“I and many other people — and specifically feminists — feel that it’s not too late, that he should not resign, and that the rush to sweep him out was ill-conceived, and we think that he has been supportive of women and women’s issues,” said retired New York state Supreme Court judge Emily Jane Goodman.

But “people familiar with Franken’s plans” tell Politico he isn’t budging, and will officially resign in January.


Women of SNL release statement in support of Al Franken

al franken

Al Franken: A devoted and dedicated family man…

Y‘all may regret that decision, ladies.

From Entertainment Weekly: Women who worked with Al Franken on Saturday Night Live are stepping out to support him — 36 “SNL Women,” to be exact.

The comic-turned-senator, who spent a total of 15 years on the series as a writer and performer, faced sexual misconduct accusations by KABC radio anchor Leeann Tweeden last week, who claimed Franken groped her and kissed her without consent during a USO tour in 2006, and even released a photo of Franken appearing to be grabbing her breasts while she was sleeping. Franken has since apologized and Tweeden accepted it, and now, his former colleagues are speaking out in solidarity with him.

“We feel compelled to stand up for Al Franken, whom we have all had the pleasure of working with over the years on Saturday Night Live (SNL),” begins a statement signed by the 36 women, including Not Ready for Prime Time Players Jane Curtin and Laraine Newman. “What Al did was stupid and foolish, and we think it was appropriate for him to apologize to Ms. Tweeden, and to the public. In our experience, we know Al as a devoted and dedicated family man, a wonderful comedic performer, and an honorable public servant. That is why we are moved to quickly and directly affirm that after years of working with him, we would like to acknowledge that not one of us ever experienced any inappropriate behavior; and mention our sincere appreciation that he treated each of us with the utmost respect and regard.”

Last weekend’s episode of Saturday Night Live didn’t exactly go easy on Franken. “Now, I know this photo looks bad, but remember — it also is bad,” Colin Jost quipped during Weekend Update, later adding, “Sure, this was taken before Franken ran for public office, but it was also taken after he was a sophomore in high school. It’s pretty hard to be like, ‘Oh, come on, he didn’t know anything — he was only 55.’”

I believe the womyn supporting Franken wrote this letter before pictures surfaced of Franken groping Arianna Huffington during a photo shoot. Oops…


TDS: Americans root for Kim Jong-un

rosie odonnell apologizes to kim jong un

Traitor Rosie O’Donnell in her apology to dictator Kim Jong-un

When President Trump was elected, I predicted that the TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) would be a thousand times worse than Bush Derangement Syndrome. And my prediction has come true.

Amidst Fat Boy puffing to nuke the US, liberals have shown their allegiance – to a brutal killer and dictator who threatens the United States.

Here are a few examples:

Rep. Keith Ellison: “Kim Jong-un is acting more responsible than Donald Trump.”

Former Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein said this on MSNBC: “North Korea has been demonized by US, forced to attain Nukes. Russian interference based on circumstantial evidence.”

Fat womyn and angry libtard Rosie O’Donnell promised to leave the US if Trump was elected. Just like a bunch of other celebrities who promised to do the same, she is still living in the good ‘ol USA. She also promoted a “Trump-killing” game.

Rosie has now offered an apology to Kim Jong-un for Donald Trump. See her apology here.

I suggest all of the libtards who are siding with North Korea take a little visit over there to offer your sympathies in person. I DARE YOU.

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.

h/t Twitchy


Minneapolis mayoral candidate proposes disarming police of guns


He thinks you can bring a night stick to a gun fight. Criminals enthusiastically approve.

From Fox9: MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) – State Representative and Minneapolis mayoral candidate Raymond Dehn is calling for major policing changes, proposing to take away guns from the majority of officers.

Dehn is one of several candidates running to beat current Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges in the fall.

He recently won the support of voters at the Democratic Farmer Labor convention and now his call to disarm police of their side guns is garnering major attention. “I’m not saying they don’t have access to that, just like they have access to more lethal weapons in their cars, I would believe they would still have access to their guns in their cars,” said Dehn.

Dehn says there needs to be drastic changes in how officers are trained. He would be open to officers using other means to protect themselves like a night stick or pepper spray. “I think as we look at how to change policing and how we get officers to not react to use their gun in situations, but learning skills around de-escalation training I think are important,” he said.

Mayor Hodges disagrees with Dehn’s proposal. “And if we are going to talk about changes in gun policy, we shouldn’t start with police officer who are going to be operating in a world with people who have guns,” said Hodges.

Dehn says the details of his no gun proposal are still in the early stages and he wants to sit down with police officers and come up with a strategy that keeps both the community and law enforcement safe.

But the head of the police union, Lt. Bob Kroll, says there’s not a chance this idea would fly with any cop. “I don’t think the people in Minneapolis are logically ready for anything like this,” said Kroll. “Who would ever do the job of policing again? It’s absolutely an absurd thought.”

Fox 9 reached out to several of the other candidates running for mayor. All agreed that there needs to be substantial reform within the police department, but they say stripping officers’ guns is going too far.

h/t Weasel Zippers


Illegal alien, 42, arrested after contacting a special needs teenager, 19, for sex in a school

david manito illegal brooklyn park photo

Illegal alien pervert/Brooklyn Park photo

From WCCO (MINNNEAPOLIS) — Immigration officials say they have taken a man who was accused of having sexual contact with a student in a Twin Cities high school into custody.

David Manito, 42, was set to be released from jail Friday after the Hennepin County Attorney declined charges. An Immigrations and Customs Enforcement official said the agency placed a detainer on Manito following his arrest.

After he left the jail, ICE took him into custody. According to officials, ICE only places detainers on individuals believed to be deportable from the United States.

Manito was arrested after a Snapchat video appeared to show him inside a bathroom stall at Champlin Park High School Wednesday. He was accused of meeting a 19-year-old male student at the school for sex after contacting him on a cell phone app. Police say the student has special needs.

Charges could still be brought at a later date.