Tag Archives: Mike Mullen

U.S. Coast Guard Commander openly defies President Trump’s ‘transgender’ ban

The military of any country, including that of the United States, is about national defense. The military is not a place for social engineering experiments. But that’s precisely what Obama did to the U.S. military.

Under the Obama administration, so-called “transgenders” — a biological impossibility — were indulged and promoted. On June 30, 2016, effective immediately, Obama lifted a longstanding ban on transgenders in the military.

President Trump finally is putting an end to Obama’s ill-conceived policy.

In a series of tweets on July 26, 2017, President Trump signaled that transgenders henceforth will be banned from the U.S. military:

“After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you.”

President Trump is right about the “tremendous medical costs” of “transgenders” to taxpayers. Whereas “transgenders” comprise less than one percent of the military (0.7%), their medical costs to taxpayers are staggering:

  • Data supplied by Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R., Mo.) show that even by using a conservative estimate, the cost of Pentagon’s “sex-change surgeries” is $1.3 billion over 10 years.
  • “Transgenders” are prone to suicide, in a military that is already burdened by a too-high suicide rate of 265 suicides per 100,000 soldiers in 2015. According to a study by the UCLA’s Williams Institute, whereas the percentage of suicide attempts in the overall U.S. population is 4.6%, among transgenders the percentage is a whopping 41% — that’s more than 4 of every 10 “transgenders”.

The Family Research Council, a Christian public policy ministry in Washington D.C., has praised Trump’s decision to rescind the Obama-era policy. The group’s president, Marine veteran Tony Perkins, said in a statement:

“As our nation faces serious national security threats, our troops shouldn’t be forced to endure hours of transgender ‘sensitivity’ classes and politically-correct distractions like this one.”

Predictably, the liberal MSM and Hollywood are incandescent with outrage over President Trump’s tweets. As an example, that font of wisdom and reason called Lady Gaga accused President Trump of “endangering” military lives and painting a target on the backs of all “transgenders”.

Even worse, Admiral Paul Zukunft, Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard — a branch of the U.S. military — is openly defying the explicit order of his Commander In Chief.

Not surprisingly, Zukunft, 62, is an Obama nominee. On May 15, 2014, then-Vice Admiral Paul Zukunft was confirmed by the Senate as the 25th Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard Commandant, and instantly promoted to Admiral the same day.

Hope Hodge Seck reports for Military.com that at the Center for Strategic and International Studies yesterday, August 1, 2017, Adm. Paul Zukunft, the commandant of the Coast Guard, declared he has no intention of “turning his back” on the few “transgenders” in the Coast Guard.

Zukunft said his first action upon becoming aware of Trump’s tweets was to have his office reach out to all 13 members of the Coast Guard who have self-identified as “transgender”:

“I reached out personally to Lt. Taylor Miller, who was featured on the cover of The Washington Post last week. If you read that story, Taylor’s family has disowned her. Her family is the United States Coast Guard. And I told Taylor, ‘I will not turn my back. We have made an investment in you, and you have made an investment in the Coast Guard, and I will not break faith.’ “

Miller, 27, is reportedly the first openly “transitioning” member of the Coast Guard, a process “she” began in 2016 after Obama changed the Pentagon’s policy on “transgenders”.

Note: MtF ‘transgender’ Miller did no such thing. So-called “transitioning” or “gender reassignment” surgery does not reassign or change a person’s gender. That is determined solely by one’s DNA, specifically one’s sex chromosomes. Females have XX chromosomes; males have XY chromosomes — and no amount of surgical mutilation can change that. Don’t believe me? See for yourself: “How surgery makes a fake vagina for MtF ‘transgenders’”.

Zukunft is not the only military officer who openly opposes the President of the United States.

Yesterday, the Palm Center, a San Francisco-based nonprofit that promotes the study of gay and transgender people in the armed forces, released a letter signed by 56 retired generals and admirals, including retired Army Gen. Martin Dempsey and retired Navy Adm. Mike Mullen, who oppose Trump’s transgender ban.

Pray for President Trump!

H/t John J. Molloy, OSJ, Chairman, National Vietnam & Gulf War Veterans Coalition.

~Eowyn

Advertisements

Independent review of Benghazi attack faults State Dept

At long last, more than three months after the terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, on the 11th anniversary of 9-11, an independent panel has issued its report. (You know, it’s that independent investigation to which Republican Sen. Marco Rubio’s so opposed. Snark)

Four Americans were killed in the Benghazi attack: U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith, and two heroic ex-Navy SEALS Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

The report finds “systematic security faults” and lays the blame squarely on the U.S. State Department.

chris-stevens1Clockwise from top left: Amb. Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods.

Here are the independent panel’s findings, as reported by Matthew Lee of The Associated Press, December 18, 2012:

  • Systematic management and leadership failures at the State Department led to “grossly” inadequate security at the mission in Benghazi.
  • The State Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security and the Bureau of Near East Affairs are singled out for criticism for their lack of cooperation and confusion over protection at the mission in Benghazi.
  • Despite those failures, the Accountability Review Board determined that no individual officials ignored or violated their duties and recommended no disciplinary action now. But it also said poor performance by senior managers should be grounds for disciplinary recommendations in the future.
  • Contrary to what the Obama regime claimed, linking the Benghazi attack to an anti-Islamic film, there was no protest outside the Benghazi consulate. Responsibility for the attack rests entirely with the terrorists who attacked the mission.
  • Although there was no specific warning of a potential attack on the 11th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001, however there had been several worrisome incidents in the run-up to the attack that should have set off warning bells.
  • In addition to the State Department, the independent report also faults contract guards whom the U.S. consulate depended on for protection, as well as the local Libyan militia force who, once the attack began, “it became unclear whose side they were on.”
  • U.S. personnel on the ground in Benghazi “performed with courage and readiness to risk their lives to protect their colleagues in a near-impossible situation.” [Sob….] Those personnel include Diplomatic Security agents on the scene (including Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty) and CIA operatives at a nearby compound that later came under attack itself.
  • The U.S. military is absolved from any blame: “There was simply not enough time for armed U.S. military assets to have made a difference.”

The report made 29 recommendations to improve embassy security, particularly at high threat posts. Hillary Clinton said the State Department had already begun to implement some of the recommendations — increasing by several hundred the number of Marine guards stationed at diplomatic missions throughout the world; relying less on local security forces for protection at embassies, consulates and other offices; and increasing hiring and deployment of highly trained Diplomatic Security agents at at-risk posts. But Congress has denied some funding requests from the State Department for more security.

The Benghazi independent review was led by retired Ambassador Thomas Pickering and former chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen. The review studied thousands of pages of cables and other documents, hours of video and intelligence, and interviewed more than 100 people, including survivors. They will testify before the House and Senate foreign affairs committees behind closed doors today, Dec. 19, 2012.

None of this should come as a surprise to informed Americans because we’ve known for months now that Obama and the State Department had lied about Benghazi from the beginning.

Hillary BlofeldSeparated at birth: James Bond villain Ernst Blofeld & Hillary Clinton

As for Hillary, she is supposed to testify before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Benghazi tomorrow. But lo and behold, two days ago we were told she got a BRAIN CONCUSSION (gasp!) when she fainted (gasp!) at home and hit her head (gasp!). The State Department says she fainted from dehydration after a “stomach virus”.

According to WebMD, brain concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that is caused by a blow to the head or body, a fall, or another injury that jars or shakes the brain inside the skull. In rare cases concussions cause more serious problems.

Oddly, despite having a BRAIN CONCUSSION (gasp!), there are no reports that Hillary has sought medical care or gone to a hospital.

So much for her grand and noble and empty proclamation on Oct. 15, 2012, that “I take responsibility” for what happened in Benghazi.

See also:

~Eowyn