The Pew Research Center has a short 13-question News IQ Quiz to test your knowledge of prominent people, major events and other important facts in the news.
Take the quiz and see how you compare with 1,168 randomly sampled U.S. adults who were asked the same questions in a national survey conducted Sept. 30-Oct. 11, 2011.
To take the quiz, click here!
Janeane Garofalo demonstrating her intelligence, education, and tolerance.
“they have no idea what the Boston tea party was about, they don’t know their history at all. This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up. That is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks . . . . [T]he limbic brain inside a right-winger or Republican or conservative or your average white power activist, the limbic brain is much larger in their head space than in a reasonable person, and it’s pushing against the frontal lobe. So their synapses are misfiring . . . . [M]ost of them probably couldn’t tell you one thing about taxation without representation, the Boston tea party, the British imperialism, whatever the history lesson has to be…. [T]he right-wing has . . . no shortage of the natural resources of ignorance, apathy, hate, fear.”
Sadly, Garofalo was doing a psychological projection. The results of Pew’s News IQ Quiz prove just the opposite of the Left’s malicious stereotype of the Right. According to Pew:
“Republicans generally outperformed Democrats on the current quiz. On 13 out of the 19 questions, Republicans score significantly higher than Democrats and there are no questions on which Democrats did better than Republicans. In past knowledge quizzes, partisan differences have been more muted, though Republicans often have scored somewhat higher than Democrats.“
My eyes tell me Herman Cain is blacker than Barry Obama!
Did you take Logic in college? I have a series of logical propositions for you:
Barack Obama is a half-black man.
Many conservatives did not vote for Obama and continue to oppose him, for ideological and policy reasons.
But Democrats/Liberals call us racists because Obama is a half-black man.
Herman Cain, a contender for the GOP’s 2012 presidential nominee, is an all-black man.
Liberals don’t like Herman Cain.
Ergo, by their own warped logic, liberals are racists.
But liberals deny they are racist. One of them, actress Janeane Garofalo, actually calls pro-Cain conservatives “racists”!
Conclusion: Liberals are either (a) illogical; or (b) liars and hypocrites.
That’s the issue that Charles Hurt addresses in The Washington Times: Why are liberals so racist about Herman Cain? Here are excerpts from Hurt’s op-ed of Oct. 11, 2011:
Is America ready to make history by electing the first black president to replace a black president?
That is the question latest polls increasingly raise these days that show Herman Cain jetting to the front of the GOP pack.
[…] Liberals tolerate blacks and they endure conservatives. But they cannot abide a successful, independent-minded black who dares to step out of line and reject the enslavement of the Plantation Party.
There is no class of people more openly loathed around here than black conservatives. Truly, it is the Mark of Cain among the liberal intelligentsia who dominate the press and corridors of power.
It is because black conservatives — like all conservatives — reject the pact Democratic Party bosses have made with black voters. That pact is governed by two overriding commandments.
First, you shall always be dependent upon the government. Second, never shall you be encouraged to take risks or venture far enough away from the government to be independent and successful. You will forever be enveloped — or entangled — in a government safety net.
In return, these black voters are expected every Election Day to put aside their doubts, stifle their frustrations and forget their ongoing despairs and — like zombies — walk into the polling booth and once again pull the lever for the Democrats.
“Brainwashed” is the term Mr. Cain used, and for which he was somehow accused of being “bigoted” and “racist” by a Democratic operative. Then condescending white liberalism weighed in when actress and activist Janeane Garofalo announced that Republicans who support Mr. Cain are somehow racist.
1. Sean Penn: The two-time Academy Award winner has traveled the world to denounce the country that made him rich and famous. He has been used as a propaganda tool by the Iranian regime, met with Cuban President Raul Castro, and went to Iraq as an antiwar activist. Penn is so close to Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez that the tyrant, in one of his televised speeches, read an open letter Penn wrote to Bush, condemning the Iraq War, calling for the President’s impeachment and saying that Bush, Dick Cheney and Condoleezza Rice were “villainously and criminally obscene people.”
2. Michael Moore: The portly director made hundreds of millions of dollars off of the highly fictional Fahrenheit 9/11, a “documentary” that alleged close links between the Bush clan and Osama bin Laden’s family. Recently he said that private wealth is a “national resource” that belongs to all the people and called for jailing the rich. Then he called bin Laden’s death an “execution.” For a man who made a fortune exploiting 9/11, denouncing wealth, and the action against the al-Qaeda leader, is beyond disingenuous.
3. Danny Glover: Lethal Weapon star Danny Glover was a campus radical as a student at San Francisco State University and has been an advocate for left-wing causes ever since. He chums around with the likes of Hugo Chavez, is a union rabble-rouser and said the Bush administration was composed of “liars and murderers.” After the 2010 Haiti earthquake, Glover was quick to blame the tragedy on global warming.
4. Barbra Streisand: From her appearance on President Nixon’s “enemies list” to her singing performance at a fund-raising gala for Barack Obama, Barbra Streisand has a long history of political involvement. Most notable is her bankrolling of left-wing causes, with the Streisand Foundation steering millions to groups promoting every liberal fantasy. Among her favorite causes are women’s issues, nuclear disarmament and the environment. She even donated $1 million to the William Jefferson Clinton Foundation to help solve global warming.
73-year-old botoxed, breast-implanted, rib-removed, face-lifted Fonda at Cannes this week. Some communist she is!
5. Jane Fonda: “Hanoi Jane” deserves a lifetime achievement award for left-wing activism. Between her anti-American radio broadcasts from North Vietnam and appearing at anti-Iraq War rallies, Fonda demonstrated against Israel’s “occupation” of the West Bank and supported feminist causes, speaking out against patriarchy. This is someone who once said, “I would think that if you understood what communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become Communists.”
6. Alec Baldwin: “30 Rock” star Alec Baldwin is an animal-rights advocate, a strong supporter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and serves on the board of the left-wing People for the American Way. During the Clinton impeachment, Baldwin publicly fantasized about murdering Rep. Henry Hyde and his family. If he had only followed through on his threat to leave the country when Bush was reelected.
7. Susan Sarandon: From supporting the Nicaraguan Sandinistas in the 1980s to speaking at a pro-union rally in Wisconsin this year, film star Susan Sarandon is still plugging progressive positions, although no longer with her former longtime companion and political fellow traveler Tim Robbins. She was an anti-Iraq War activist, protesting the Bush administration with the likes of Jane Fonda and Cindy Sheehan, and is a major donor to the feminist group EMILY’s List.
8. Janeane Garofalo: This B-list actress and Air America refugee has taken left-wing hate speech to a new level with her rhetorical blasts aimed at the Tea Party. Here is a sample of her rants: “It’s about hating a black man in the White House. That is racism straight up. This is nothing but a bunch of tea-bagging rednecks,” and, “The functionally retarded adults, the racists—with their cries of, ‘I want my country back.’ What they’re really saying is, ‘I want my white guy back.’ ”
9. Joy Behar: While on “The View,” Joy Behar said there are ways to get information from terrorists other than tough interrogation methods such as waterboarding. “There are other ways of getting information out of people … pay them off,” Behar said, while suggesting offering a terrorist a “$6 million book deal.” This is the same brainiac who once said, “It is really not easy to make fun of the Obamas, because they’re kind of really perfect, aren’t they?”
10. The Sheens: This father/son duo deserves a mention. Martin Sheen played the liberal’s dream President in “West Wing,” and has embraced every left-wing cause, from antiwar and farm-worker activism to protecting seals by attacking fur traders. His son, Charlie Sheen, was an outspoken Truther, alleging that 9/11 was an inside job, before he became a traveling carnival act with his Tiger Blood and “Torpedo of Truth” tour.
Do you agree?
I’d put Whoopi Goldberg or Tim Robbins on the list instead of the Sheens. I’m not sure 9-11 truther Charlie Sheen is even a liberal. ~Eowyn