Tag Archives: ICBM

Russia developing a 100-ton missile named Satan

Last year, on April 20, with great ceremony and flourish in Prague Castle, Czech Republic, Obama and Russian President Dmitri Medvedev signed a new START nuclear arms disarmament treaty. Medvedev called the treaty “a truly historic event” that would “open a new page” in Russian-American relations.
Less than 19 months later, all that has turned to ashes.
In November of this year, Medvedev declared he did not rule out a possibility to refuse from the policy of disarmament. Russia could also revise the previous agreements about arms control, he added.
A month later, claiming “to preserve parity in the field” with the United States and “because of the unwillingness of the US side to provide any guarantees,” Russia is developing what Pravda calls “a new intercontinental missile of enormous power” — “a 100-ton monster ballistic missile” named Satan.
Russia works on 100-ton monster ballistic missile. 46193.jpegPravada.ru reports, December 19, 2011, that “in close vicinity to Russia’s borders,” the Russian Federation’s Strategic Missile Forces (SMF) will be renovated with the help of state-of-the-art Topol-M and Yars complexes during the upcoming ten years.
Sergei Karakaev, the commander of the missile troops said, “The decision about the creation of the new silo-based missile system with a liquid-fuel heavy missile has been made. The complex will have increased possibilities in overcoming the prospective missile defense system of the United States.”
The new missile, the mass of which is going to make up 100 tons, is said to replace the world-known “Voevoda” ICBM. In the West, this missile is known as “Satan.” In the meantime, Russia has already started working to create the middle-class newly equipped missile. The new missile is to be passed into service in 2015, RIA Novosti reports.
Russia’s new Yars, Topol-M and Bulava ICBMs are unvulnerable to the US missile defense system. The commander of the Russian SFM said that it was best for the enemy to destroy the missile during the initial part of its flight, when it gathers speed. The missile separates later, which makes it harder for interceptors to detect the missile in a whole cloud of fake targets.
Russia’s state-of-the-art ballistic missiles have the shortest boost phase of the flight – this phase is much shorter than it was with older missiles. Karakaev said:
“At this short part of the flight the missiles perform active maneuvers, which makes it impossible for interceptors to plan the attack. We conducted the tests to evaluate and confirm the nuclear safety of Topol warheads. The results of the tests showed that even in case of most complicated breakdowns, fires or explosions, the nuclear explosion of the warhead is excluded.”
Russia’s present-day SMF consist of more than 350 missile complexes of six types. Three of them are silo-based and three others are mobile ground-based complexes. The Russian system of nuclear containment forces consists of the Strategic Missile Forces, strategic nuclear submarines and strategic bombers.
By the beginning of 2012, there will be 86 launch systems with Topol-M and Yars systems in the structure of the combat group of the SMF. The share of state-of-the-art arms in the SMF will thus grow up to 25%.
In 2012, Russia will begin the process to pass Yars missile complexes into service. The range of the system is up to 11,000 kilometers [6,835 miles]. It has a separating warhead with maneuverable and individually guided blocks. The system is highly maneuverable. In 2012, Russia will also complete the introduction of Topol-M missiles, the operational resource of which makes up not less than 20 years. Not less than 96% of all of Russia’s missile complexes are ready for immediate action every day.

An e-correspondent who is “in the business” as a consultant, sent me this e-mail comment:

“Our arms control policy posture (i.e. New START) is accomodating to the inability of Russia’s industrial base to produce boosters because of the Obama obsession with eliminating (our) nuclear weapons. For the duration of the New START agreement, Russia will be building up its booster inventory while ours must be reduced (and new conventionally armed strategic missiles are treated in the Treaty as equivalent of nuclear systems).”

FYI, the distance between Moscow, Russia, and Washington, DC, is 4890 air miles.
Happy New Year!
~Eowyn

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Pentagon & NASA Data Re-Routed Through China

Beijing computer user

Experts say a lot of data may have been accessed by China (Reuters)


We’ve been warned about this for some months now, but it appears that the reality of Cyber War has arrived.
Seven months ago, on April 8, 2010, 15% of the world’s Internet activity somehow was re-routed to Chinese servers, including data from Pentagon and NASA. But we’re only just being told about this.
As reported by ABC’s Lisa Millar on November 18, 2010:

The United States has revealed the details of a startling breakdown in cyber security in April, when 15 per cent of the world’s internet traffic was diverted through China. Experts describe it as one of the biggest redirections of internet data they have ever seen.

For 18 minutes on April 8, emails and internet material sent from the Pentagon and NASA were re-routed via Chinese servers.
A US government report blames China Telecom, but does not say why it might have happened or whether it was done intentionally. But experts say it is a sign of the security risks ahead.
The Heritage Foundation’s Dean Cheng, who specialises in Chinese political and security affairs, says a lot of data may have been accessed by China. “There are instances where situations are not necessarily the deliberate result of government decisions, but that doesn’t make them an accident,” he said. “Particularly when you are talking about 15 per cent of the global internet traffic. If it had been going on for a few minutes, that would be one thing as servers simply got overwhelmed. That it went on for so long would suggest that that’s a lot of data that could be scooped up.” Mr Cheng is convinced a lot of that data has now been archived in China and is slowly being studied. He says even the encrypted material would eventually be broken down.
Dale Meyerrose, a former chief information officer for the director of national intelligence, says this is a serious threat. “What we’re seeing here is a technique that may have in fact … have been a cover for something else,” he said. “In my 35 years of dealing with this, there’s an intended consequence and a series of unintended consequences and I think they always play out in these sorts of things.”
Mr Cheng says it is not just a US problem. “It’s not simply American information that has been made vulnerable, but that of our allies, including Australia.”
China has denied it hijacked the internet but the incident has added to global concerns about cyber security. US defence secretary Robert Gates this week described potential attacks as a huge future threat and a considerable current threat.

I don’t mean to be alarmist, but this shocking lapse in cyber-security — together with rising trade and currency tensions with China, as well as speculations that the so-called “contrail” seen off the coast of Los Angeles on November 8 was actually an intercontinental ballistic missile fired from a Chinese submarine — sure makes one wonder if the United States is in an undeclared war with the People’s Republic.
~Eowyn

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Wayne Madsen: China Fired Missile Seen In Southern California

Washington, DC-based independent investigative reporter Wayne Madsen claims in his exclusive (to subcribers) report of November 10, that the missile seen last Monday in the skies off the coast of Southern California was China’s. Beijing meant it as a show of force to warn the United States.
~Eowyn
Pentagon and its embedded media covering up Chinese show of force off LA
Wayne Madsen Report – November 10, 2010
China flexed its military muscle Monday evening in the skies west of Los Angeles when a Chinese Navy Jin class ballistic missile nuclear submarine, deployed secretly from its underground home base on the south coast of Hainan island, launched an intercontinental ballistic missile from international waters off the southern California coast. WMR’s intelligence sources in Asia, including Japan, say the belief by the military commands in Asia and the intelligence services is that the Chinese decided to demonstrate to the United States its capabilities on the eve of the G-20 Summit in Seoul and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Tokyo, where President Obama is scheduled to attend during his ten-day trip to Asia.
The reported Chinese missile test off Los Angeles came as a double blow to Obama. The day after the missile firing, China’s leading credit rating agency, Dagong Global Credit Rating, downgraded sovereign debt rating of the United States to A-plus from AA. The missile demonstration coupled with the downgrading of the United States financial grade represents a military and financial show of force by Beijing to Washington.
The Pentagon spin machine, backed by the media reporters who regularly cover the Defense Department, as well as officials of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), and the U.S. Northern Command, is now spinning various conspiracy theories, including describing the missile plume videotaped by KCBS news helicopter cameraman Gil Leyvas at around 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, during the height of evening rush hour, as the condensation trail from a jet aircraft. Other Pentagon-inspired cover stories are that the missile was actually an amateur rocket or an optical illusion.

Experts agree that this was a ballistic missile being fired off of Los Angeles. Pentagon insists it was a jet aircraft or model rocket.
There are no records of a plane in the area having taken off from Los Angeles International Airport or from  other airports in the region. The Navy and Air Force have said that they were not conducting any missile tests from submarines, ships, or Vandenberg Air Force Base. The Navy has also ruled out an accidental firing from one of its own submarines.
Missile experts, including those from Jane’s in London, say the plume was definitely from a missile, possibly launched from a submarine. WMR has learned that the missile was likely a  JL-2 ICBM, which has a range of 7,000 miles, and was fired in a northwesterly direction over the Pacific and away from U.S. territory from a Jin class submarine. The Jin class can carry up to twelve such missiles.
Navy sources have revealed that the missile may have impacted on Chinese territory and that the National Security Agency (NSA) likely posseses intercepts of Chinese telemtry signals during the missile firing and subsequent testing operations.

Japanese and other Asian intelligence agencies believe that a Chinese Jin-class SSBN submarine conducted missile “show of force” in skies west of Los Angeles.
Asian intelligence sources believe the submarine transited from its base on Hainan through South Pacific waters, where U.S. anti-submarine warfare detection capabilities are not as effective as they are in the northern and mid-Pacific, and then transited north to waters off of Los Angeles. The Pentagon, which has spent billions on ballistic missile defense systems, a pet project of former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, is clearly embarrassed over the Chinese show of strength.

Likely route of Jin-class submarine from Hainan base.
The White House also wants to donwplay the missile story before Presidnet Obama meets with his Chinese counterpart in Seoul and Tokyo. According to Japanese intelligence sources, Beijing has been angry over United States and allied naval exercises in the South China and Yellow Seas, in what China considers its sphere of influence, and the missile firing within the view of people in Southern California was a demonstration that China’s navy can also play in waters off the American coast.
For the U.S. Navy, the Chinese show of force is a huge embarassment, especially for the Navy’s Pacific Command in Pearl Harbor, where Japan’s December 7, 1941 attack on the fleet at Pearl Harbor remains a sore subject.
In 2002, national security adviser Condoleezza Rice reportedly scolded visiting Chinese General Xiong Guankai, the deputy chief of staff for intelligence of the People’s Liberation Army, for remarks he allegedly made in 1995 that China would use nuclear weapons on Los Angeles. Xiong denied he made any such comments but the “spin” on the story helped convince Congress to sink billions of additional dollars into  ballistic missile defense, sometimes referred to at “Star Wars II.”
Please follow and like us:
error0