Demorats says the darndest things…
A liberal who lives in Georgia and goes by the name of “TDP” claims that demorats just want to “follow the law.”
On Nov. 9 he tweeted the following:
“Crazy sh*t Democrats want to do:
- make healthcare affordable
- reduce gun deaths
- defend the Constitution
- follow the law
- count all the votes”
Let’s do a check on each of the “crazy sh*t” points he claims demorats want, shall we?
Make healthcare affordable:
Obama’s biggest lie of the year (in 2013): “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it.”
In 2014, Forbes published an article that concluded “Obamacare Has Increased Non-Group Premiums In Nearly All States.”
From their article:
“However, a new study from the well-respected and non-partisan National Bureau of Economic Research (and published by Brookings Institution), overcomes the limitations of these prior studies by examining what happened to premiums in the entire non-group market. The bottom line? In 2014, premiums in the non-group market grew by 24.4% compared to what they would have been without Obamacare. Of equal importance, this careful state-by-state assessment showed that premiums rose in all but 6 states (including Washington DC).”
After the passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, I saw my health insurance premiums rise each year while my coverage DECREASED to catastrophic-level coverage. My health insurance plan started out at $380/year and rose to $620/year (while my deductible rose to over $8,000/year and double that for out-of-network coverage).
In 2019, some consumers will experience a decrease yet premiums and deductible are still high. From Consumer Reports:
“If you’re shopping for health insurance through Affordable Care Act exchanges, the time to enroll for next year has arrived. After a few years of big price increases, some consumers will see relief.
Still, what you end up paying will vary significantly depending on where you live. Rates will be lower in 19 states, and eight of those will see drops of 10 percent or more. But six states have double-digit premium increases. The variation reflects how differently states are trying to rein in the cost of health insurance.
Premiums and deductibles are still high, of course, which means you’ll need to shop carefully and compare plans to find the best fit.”
Many, many people experienced the same consequences of having to “pass the bill to find out what is in it.”
Reduce gun deaths:
Progressives want to reduce gun deaths via the hash tag of #guncontrolnow. “
Yet many cities and states have some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation and for some reason, their gun death statistics are the highest. See the following demorat-government run examples:
- Where’s the #GunControlNow crowd? 45 people shot over the weekend in Chiraq, including 9 children
- Gun control, Chiraq style: 18 shot, 6 killed since Friday night
- This is Chiraq: Cancer survivor killed by stray bullet hours after arriving in the Windy City
- This is Chiraq: 14-year-old boy killed; 12 others shot on Wednesday
- Gun control, Chiraq style: 35 people shot over Memorial Day weekend, 6 killed
- Hundreds of guns found en route to Chicago after being stolen from UPS facility in Tennessee
- “Don’t kill anybody”: Murder-free weekend urged in Baltimore
- Baltimore mayor: Murder rate out of control
- 78% increase in homicides in Baltimore since Freddie Gray riots
The problem isn’t the lack of gun control laws but rather the ENFORCEMENT of said laws. See the following examples:
- 10 Warning Signs Missed on Suspected Gunman Nikolas Cruz
- The Texas Church Shooter Should Have Been Legally Barred From Owning Guns
- Laws we used to have on the books could have prevented the Florida school shooting
- Marysville Pilchuck High School shooter’s father, a prohibited possessor, was allowed to purchase guns despite a domestic violence protection order
- PTSD gunman ‘fired a bullet through the wall of his mother’s home in April and spent hours holed up inside before police coaxed him out’ but he was cleared by mental health specialists
Defend the Constitution:
This, of course, doesn’t include defending the Second Amendment.
And the Constitution should be defended, as long as it meets liberals’ standards. For many years, progressives have stated that our Constitution is “outdated” and needs to be updated. See the following examples:
- The Constitution Is Outdated; Let’s Change It
- 10 Reasons The US Needs a New Constitution
- The U.S. Constitution: Time to update, to ensure a functioning government
- The U.S. Needs a New Constitution—Here’s How to Write It
Follow the law:
This is rich. Many progressive-run cities and states blatantly ignore the law and have proclaimed themselves to be a “sanctuary” for illegal aliens. Why cooperate with the federal government when you can choose to ignore federal immigration laws? See the following examples:
- California Is Set to Become a ‘Sanctuary State
- Philly’s 8-year battle to be a sanctuary city
- Sanctuary cities bill to become Tennessee law despite governor’s reservations
- Trump’s name-and-shame list of sanctuary cities balloons to 150
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel: ‘Chicago Always Will Be A Sanctuary City’
Count all votes:
This is one point I do agree that demorats do want: To count all votes, including those of illegal aliens and dead people. And if the process has to ignore a federal court order, so be it. Demorats will find a way to win. See the following examples:
- Nine people arrested by Texas AG’s office for voter fraud
- Voter fraud suspect arrested in Des Moines
- Florida election supervisor mixed bad provisional ballots with good ones
- Study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes
- Study: 1.8 Million Dead People Still Registered To Vote
Anyone can tweet an opinion about their party. The tougher part is defending your statement with facts to backup your bullet points.
And that little fact irritates liberals. Just best to tweet your ignorance and hope you get lots of retweets!
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!