I’m betting Obama won’t be touting Chiraq’s record of gun violence at his town hall meeting on reducing gun violence, scheduled for this Thursday.
These blog posts I do on Chiraq’s gun violence every weekend are like a broken record. As you know, Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. But that never, ever stops the criminals.
Over the Christmas weekend, Chiraq saw 3 dead and 14 wounded. During the New Year’s Eve weekend, they out did themselves: Three people were killed and at least 36 others were wounded in shootings across the city over the New Year’s holiday weekend. Read all the details at MyFoxChicago here.
- Gun control, Chicago style: 1 killed, 22 shot over the weekend
- Chicago police say father of 6-year-old who shot and killed 3-year-old brother got gun illegally
- Gun control, Chicago style: More Than 50 People Shot for the Second Weekend in a Row in Chicago
- No holiday respite for Chicagoans: 5 killed, 22 wounded in Labor Day weekend shootings
- 3 killed, 23 wounded in weekend shootings across Chicago
- Another typical weekend in Chicago: 4 killed, 29 wounded
- Same ‘ol, same ‘ol in Chicago: 2 killed, 25 wounded in weekend shootings
- Another typical Chicago weekend: 35 shot — 1 fatally — in gun violence
- Hey #blacklivesmatter and #gunsense crowd: More shootings in Chicago this past weekend