From Fox News: Bill Clinton spokesperson-turned ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos has been called out for hypocrisy after a combative interview with press secretary Sarah Sanders on Tuesday, when the “Good Morning America” star accused President Trump of always siding with men when it comes to sexual misconduct claims.
“It is absolutely amazing that Stephanopoulos has the gall to say it seems like President Trump is always siding with the men when it comes to accusations of sexual impropriety and sexual assault given his work in the Clinton administration,” conservative strategist Chris Barron told Fox News.
The interview started off with a series of questions about Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein before the conversation shifted to the ongoing sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
“The president consistently, every single time, takes the side of the man,” Stephanopoulos said.
Sanders fired back, “It’s interesting that you say that. It’s a lot of Democrats that like to ignore Keith Ellison and Cory Booker. They love to fight and champion women until they disagree with them.”
Stephanopoulos reminded Sanders that Al Franken lost his job over inappropriate sexual behavior.
“A number of other Democrats should have the same type of scrutiny,” Sanders said, before Stephanopoulos interrupted, “Every single time, the president has taken the side of the man against women accusers.”
Sanders said that Trump knows Brett Kavanaugh and has heard his story, explaining that there hasn’t been a “shred of evidence” to back up claims made against the Supreme Court nominee — but the “GMA” star quickly changed the subject.
“Maybe ABC should have found someone with a little more credibility around this issue to ask these questions,” Barron said. “Factually, Stephanopoulos is also flat wrong. President Trump has been a high-profile defender of women like Juanita Broaddrick who were victimized by President Clinton and demonized by the main stream media.”
Sorry NFL. Adding male prancers won’t bring me back to watching the game. Your “kneelers” sealed your fate.
From USA Today: For the first time, an NFL team will have men as part of its official spirit squad. Quinton Peron and Napoleon Jinnies, named to the Los Angeles Rams squad this week, will be the first ones to perform the same routine as the female dancers. The Baltimore Ravens and Indianapolis Colts have men who perform stunts with female cheerleaders, but don’t dance.
Peron and Jinnies are both classically trained dancers and have been performing their entire lives.
But what made them take this groundbreaking step?
“I thought, ‘Why not me? Why can’t I do this?’ ” Peron said in an interview Wednesday on ABC-TV’s Good Morning America.
The men were among the 76 finalists chosen for the 40-person squad. Jinnies said the auditions were unlike any he’s ever been through before.
“This one was about three weeks long and we had a bunch of rehearsals in between and an extensive interview process, but it was really humbling and amazing to be invited every time you came back,” he said.
The father is more than welcome to take his family with him to his native home.
The father had notice six years ago that because he is an illegal alien, he’d be getting the boot.
The father had been in the US for 16 years – plenty of time to acquire US citizenship.
Yet the media does their best everyday to prove why most see them as an arm of the demorats.
From Yahoo (originally on Good Morning America): An Ohio father of four had an emotional farewell with his family this morning before returning to Mexico.
Jesus Lara Lopez, who worked at a packaging facility in Willard, Ohio, was seen off by family and about a dozen supporters at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport this morning, according to The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Photographs taken at the airport before his flight show him embracing his children in a series of tearful goodbyes.
When Lopez checked in with immigration officials in March, he was told he was being deported under “an illegal immigration crackdown,” his lawyer David Leopold told the press this morning. Lopez has been in the country for 16 years, and his children were born in the U.S., the Plain Dealer reported. A federal immigration judge first ordered Lopez removed in 2011, Khaalid Walls, the Northeast communications director for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told ABC News. In 2014 the agency granted Lopez a stay of removal, Walls said, adding that “in a further exercise of discretion, the agency has allowed him to remain free from custody to finalize his departure plans.”
“The agency will continue to closely monitor his case to ensure compliance,” Walls said.
He said that ICE could not confirm for ABC News whether Lopez complied with its request until after he is “successfully repatriated,” for operational and security reasons, but would try to provide an update on his status later today.
ABC affiliate WEWS-TV in Cleveland reported that Lopez had never been charged with a crime during his 16 years in the U.S., has paid taxes and did not receive food stamps. Walls noted in response that the lack of a criminal record does not necessarily exempt an unauthorized immigrant illegal alien from deportation.
“As Secretary [John] Kelly and Acting Director [Thomas D.] Homan have stated repeatedly, ICE prioritizes the arrest and removal of national security and public safety threats; however, no class or category of alien in the United States is exempt from arrest or removal,” Walls told ABC News. Leopold told WEWS-TV that his client had a valid work permit. The New York Times reported in June that Lopez worked “the graveyard shift packing Milano cookies and Goldfish crackers” at Pepperidge Farm.
ABC News reached out to Pepperidge Farm for a comment about Lopez’s work permit, and the company said he was hired by a third-party company, Spherion, which manages packaging workers at the facility. Spherion confirmed for ABC News that Lopez had a valid work permit and it hired him in October 2016.
“These are the darkest times I’ve ever seen as an attorney. When the best and the brightest that we have to offer are taken from their homes and sent away,” Leopold told reporters. “The law is so broken.”
America’s Voice, an immigration rights advocacy group, posted a statement on its website criticizing the deportation of Lopez from John Sandweg, a former acting director of ICE and a former acting general counsel of the Department of Homeland Security.
“Cases like this are an incredible waste of ICE resources that only make it harder for the agency to identify and remove dangerous criminals,” he wrote. He added that he believes enforcement resources should be focused on finding criminals and public safety threats instead.
Sandweg has been a vocal critic of President Trump‘s broad promise of reducing illegal immigration to the U.S. a central part of his 2016 campaign. The U.S. was already focused on enforcing immigration rules during the presidency of Barack Obama, who oversaw the removal of more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, earning him the nickname deporter in chief.
“The [Trump] administration’s focus on the low-hanging fruit of the enforcement system only allows the bad guys to remain at large, weakening our public safety,” Sandweg added.
On December 14, 2012, Americans across the fruited plains were horrified and devastated by news of the shooting massacre of 20 first-grade children and 6 adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in the peaceful prosperous town of Newtown in Connecticut.
The massacre of 20 five- and six-year-old innocent little children was the match that finally ignited a nationwide cry for gun control. As an example, Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif) cited the “20 dead children in Newtown” as “a wakeup call” when she introduced Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 — her bill to ban “assault weapons” that include more than 150 rifles, handguns, and shotguns.
But it’s not just politicians who are exploiting the death of 20 little children.
In recent days, you would have to have a heart made of stone not to get a tad teary-eyed when you see photos and news videos of the Sandy Hook children’s choir singing their little hearts out — on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” at a New York Knicks game, and at the Grammy Awards.
Here’s a video of the choir on “Good Morning America” (GMA) on Jan. 15, 2013. In introducing the choir, ABC correspondent Amy Robach said (beginning at the 0:15 mark):
“We all know that this is a community, the Newtown community, that is both taking action and trying to find a way to heal. And these children, an amazing group of children right there, most of them from Sandy Hook Elementary School, they found a way to do both.”
One of the children in the choir, Kayla Verga, 10, said she was singing for her friend, 6-year-old Jessica Rekos, who was killed in the massacre: “Singing the song makes me feel like she’s with me and she’s beside me, singing along with me.”
Another girl, 10-year-old Sandy Hook studentJane Shearin, added, “I really want to be kind to the people who have lost their loved ones and help them to recover from their sorrow.”
When I saw the choir, like you, I marveled at how brave and strong these little kiddies from Sandy Hook Elementary School must be — to not only have survived that horrible horrible horrible morning on December 14, but to then muster themselves to help heal the rest of us by touring America singing “Over the Rainbow.”
Just to impress on you how amazing these children are, here’s a still shot of the choir from their appearance on GMA:
The children, aged six to nine, appeared with singer Ingrid Michaelson on GMA
The day before their GMA appearance, the choir had recorded “Over the Rainbow” at the Fairfield, Conn., home of Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth, two former members of the Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club rock bands. Copies went on sale the next day on Amazon and iTunes, with proceeds benefiting the United Way of Western Connecticut and the Newtown Youth Academy.
The only problem with the above is this:
There are no Sandy Hook Elementary School students in the “Sandy Hook” Newtown Children’s Choir.
Matthew Sturdevant, Jenny Wilson, and Dave Altimari reportfor The Hartford Courant, Feb. 7, 2013:
Are the Newtown kids set to sing at the Grammy Awards really from Newtown? That’s the question Newtown’s superintendent is asking, and she’s also asked them to stop performing.
Organizers of a Newtown children’s choir that has received widespread attention are defending themselves against concerns raised by the superintendent of schools over whether they have misrepresented the group.
Superintendent Janet Robinson took to a national stage, CNN, Thursday to voice concerns about the Newtown choir, organized by Sabrina Post, who runs a performing arts studio in town.
Robinson said a handful of parents called her office Wednesday concerned about Post’s history with the school system and about confusion over whether Post’s group includes the same students in a chorus that performed at the Super Bowl. All of those students attend Sandy Hook Elementary School, where a gunman killed 20 students and six women on Dec. 14.
Post was a former Newtown High choral director before she was charged with stealing from the school district by using bogus expense vouchers. She was placed on leave in February 2005 and resigned in June 2005 after agreeing to pay the school board $11,000. She was also granted accelerated rehabilitation.
The choir run by Post made its first national appearance last month, singing “Over the Rainbow” on “Good Morning America.” Copies of the performance, recorded with Ingrid Michaelson and Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz of Talking Heads, are being sold on Amazon and iTunes with proceeds going to the United Way of Western Connecticut and the Newtown Youth Academy. The choir performed at a recent New York Knicks game and is scheduled to appear at the Grammy Awards.
“I just know that I’ve got a lot of people saying, ‘They’re on “Good Morning America.” These aren’t our kids,” said Robinson. “Why are they using this name?”
Post said she was contacted by “Good Morning America” to organize the children’s choir. All of the children are students at her studio. “Everything is done by the book,” said Post.
New York producer Tim Hayes, who produced the “Over the Rainbow” project, defended Post and the choir’s fundraising efforts Thursday.
“‘I’m a little sad that someone’s personal vendetta is muddying something that’s completely transparent,” said Hayes, who received an email from Robinson on Tuesday telling him to stop working with Post. “She attacked Sabrina and the integrity of 21 little kids.”
Hayes said “the office of the superintendent supported the project but didn’t have the ability to do it. So we went to churches; they recommended the Newtown Youth Academy. I went to see for myself if it was doing something good. They said there’s a private music teacher in town, you can ask her, maybe that will help. Sabrina picked up the phone and offered to volunteer her time, her space.”
Hayes said Post “never has an opportunity to touch any of the money.”
Some town residents Thursday said they were not concerned that there is a choir of children who are not from Sandy Hook Elementary School representing the town and raising money.
“I feel that Sabrina Post and her group — she’s very professional, she’s very caring, she’s been very involved with the children,” said Carol Lawson of Newtown, a former elementary school secretary. “And I feel you can’t exploit children without parents’ permission. She is not exploiting those children because those parents would not allow [them] to go to sing with her” if she were.
Did you get that?
Newtown residents like Carol Lawson aren’t at all bothered that a choir that represents itself as being comprised of students from Sandy Hook Elementary School, actually has no student from Sandy Hook Elementary School. All that matters is if you “feel” that the deception is “well-intentioned” and the deceiver “cares.”
It’s all about feeeeeeeelings.
Who cares about the Truth? After all, in the Left’s world of moral relativism, truth is what you say it is!
One more thing:
The United Way of Western Connecticut that gets some of the proceeds from the sale of the Newtown Children’s Choir’s “Over the Rainbow” is the same United Way of Western Connecticut that had put up a webpage, soliciting donations for Sandy Hook victims, on December 11, 2012 — 3 days before the massacre. (See “Sandy Hook RIP/donation webpages created BEFORE the massacre,” Jan. 8, 2013.)
H/t FOTM’s Kathy ~Eowyn