President Ronald Reagan famously said “Trust, but verify” — a Russian proverb — at the signing of the nuclear disarmament Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty with the Soviet Union on December 8, 1987.
This post is an effort at “trust, but verify”.
Four days ago on December 16, 2018, a triple-amputee Iraq War veteran named Brian Kolfage created a GoFundMe for donations toward construction of the US-Mexico border wall that has stymied Congress and Trump, although Trump’s State Department manages to give away $10.6 billion in aid to southern Mexico and $5.8 billion in aid to Central America from whence came the invading migrant “caravans” (Daily Wire).
Kolfage’s #GoFundTheWall fundraiser has already garnered more than $5.8 million from more than 96,000 people toward its goal of $1 billion.
Here is a FoxNews story on Kolfage and the fundraiser: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/veteran-launches-gofundme-campaign-to-help-fund-border-wall.print
Kolfage writes on GoFundMe:
The government has accepted large private donations before, most recently a billionaire donated $7.5 Million to fund half of the Washington Monument repairs in 2012; this is no different.
Like a majority of those American citizens who voted to elect President Donald J Trump, we voted for him to Make America Great Again. President Trump’s main campaign promise was to BUILD THE WALL. And as he’s followed through on just about every promise so far, this wall project needs to be completed still.
As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today. Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.
I have grandparents who immigrated to America legally, they did it the correct way and it’s time we uphold our laws, and get this wall BUILT! It’s up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling.
If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall. That equates to roughly 5 Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that’s half the wall. We can do this.
Democrats are going to stall this project by every means possible and play political games to ensure President Trump doesn’t get his victor. They’d rather see President Trump fail, than see America succeed. However, if we can fund a large portion of this wall, it will jumpstart things and will be less money Trump has to secure from our politicians.
This won’t be easy, but it’s our duty as citizens. This needs to be shared every single day by each of you on social media. We can do it, and we can help President Trump make America safe again!
• How do you know this is not a scam? I’m using my real name, my real information, you can contact me and hold me accountable. People who try to scam you will not be upfront with their information, they will hide and not use their name. I have a public figure Facebook page with a blue check mark issued by facebook that verifies my identity. I’m a retired United States Air Force member who was wounded in Iraq, and lost 3 limbs. I have a website BrianKolfage.com where you can verify more about me. I will respond. I’ve been on Fox News many times, you can see I’m credible and a real person. The Gary Sinise Foundation also built me and my family a home. Do your research before donating, and contact me if you have any questions.
• How will we get the funds to the right place? We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all the funds will go upon completion. When we get this information secured we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.
• Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall with this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed.
• 100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall.
• We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else.
• We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall.
• If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny. We are working on a time frame to achieve.
LET’S GET THIS WALL BUILT! And make America Safe Again!
FOLLOW OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE—> https://www.facebook.com/GoFundTheWall
Make Payable to: GoFund The Wall
4833 Front St. Unit B-158
Castle Rock, CO 80104
4833 Front St. is a strip mall of various businesses; Unit B-158 is most likely a UPS Store.
Confusingly, the GoFundMe site has another location for Kolfage — Miramar, FL. Below is a screenshot of the page.
As poster draaaak of Voat points out, Miramar is in Florida’s very blue Broward County.
So I conducted a people search for “Brian Kolfage”. Below are the results:
(1) According to Spokeo, there is no Brian Kolfage in all of U.S.A.
(2) According to TruthFinder, there is no Brian Kolfage in Miramar, Florida, or anywhere in Florida.
(3) Nor is there a Brian Kolfage in Castle Rock, CO, or anywhere in Colorado:
(4) According to TruthFinder, there are only two individuals by the name of Brian Kolfage in all of U.S.A.:
Brian Gregory Kolfage, 65, was born in 1953; lives in and owns a modest home in Dearborn Heights, Michigan; has a business in Dearborn Heights — Professional Home Care; has a LinkedIn profile that is, however, “unavailable”.
According to Manta:
Professional Home Health Care is a privately held company in Dearborn Heights, MI and is a Single Location business.
Categorized under Medical Apparatus and Supplies. Our records show it was established in 1959 and incorporated in MI. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $1,343,193 and employs a staff of approximately 10.
Brian G. Kolfage, 37, was born in 1981; lives in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and has lived in Dearborn Heights, MI (in 2000); Miramar Beach, FL; Mulberry, FL; San Angelo, TX; Tucson, AZ; and Honolulu, HI. His business and employment history are listed as the same as 65-year-old Brian Gregory Kolfage — Professional Home Care in Dearborn Heights. The Facebook page identified with 37-year-old Brian G. Kolfage is a joint account he has with his wife, Ashley. Pictures on that Facebook page show this is the GoFundMe Brian Kolfage.
65-year-old Brian Gregory Kolfage must be the father of 37-year-old Brian G. Kolfage. Their towns of residence, Dearborn Heights and Farmington Hills, are only 12 miles apart.
I don’t know why Brian Kolfage gives two locations/addresses on GoFundMe (Miramar, FL and Castle Rock, CO), neither of which is his actual residence (for security reasons?). Other than that, he appears to be legit, although I would have more confidence if he already had a “legal document” instead of just “working” with a law firm on one, which would ensure that “100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall”.
H/t CSM and Vivian Lee
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!