Tag Archives: Gloria Allred

Actor Scott Baio fires back at Nicole Eggert's claim he sexually abused her as a minor


Scott makes some very valid points in his video. Nicole Eggert’s story sounds fishy after listening to Scott’s account.
Nicole is being represented by attorney Lisa Bloom, Gloria Allred’s daughter, who was an adviser to the sexual predator Harvey Weinstein.
In advising Weinstein, Bloom had substantial differences in her public and private statements.  According to the NY Times, in one of the emails a Weinstein Company (TWC) board member scolded Ms. Bloom for “fanning the flames and compounding the problem” and asked that she step away from the company. He pointed to a business deal she had previously reached to have Mr. Weinstein turn a book she had written into a television series. The board member asked, “You have a commercial relationship with TWC via a TV deal so how can you possibly provide impartial advice to Harvey or address this group with any credibility?”
Not the best way to establish your credibility of this Scott Baio claim, Nicole.
From US Weekly: Scott Baio took for Facebook on Saturday, January 27, to deny his Charles in Charge costar Nicole Eggert‘s claims that he molested her when she was a minor.
The former Baywatch beauty, 46, accused Baio of sexual misconduct in a series of tweets on Saturday, writing, “Ask @scottbaio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor. Creep,” she tweeted in response to a joke about the Happy Days star and his support for President Donald Trump.
She then accused the Joanie Loves Chachi star of digitally penetrating her, starting at the age of 14. In subsequent replied to Twitter commenters, she said she was a “molested child” who “covered up” the alleged abuse for years, writing that she was “14, 15, 16 and 17” when the alleged incidents occurred.
The pair costarred on the sitcom from 1984 to 1990, with Baio playing college student Charles, who looked after a group of kids including Eggert’s character, Jamie.
Baio’s wife, Renee, tweeted a response to Eggert, saying that his legal team had served Eggert with two cease-and-desist letters, before the actor took to Facebook to slam what he said were Eggert’s “100% lies.”
In the Facebook live video filmed by his wife, Baio sat at a desk and said that his “reputation was being damaged” and that what he was being accused of was “horrible.”
He acknowledged that he and Eggert did have sex but claimed that it was consensual and that she would have been at least 18, or possibly 19 or 20, at the time of their encounter.
“I remember her calling me and asking me to come over and coming in my house one time, and seducing me,” he said. “Any normal heterosexual, red-blooded American guy, the outcome would have been the same.”
He said that when Eggert’s claims first came up in 2012 and 2013, she was promoting three reality shows and he “kept [his] mouth shut” because false allegations like that eventually go away. But he said that she “just won’t let them go away.”
The accusations resurfaced in 2017, and Baio help up two letters that he and his legal team sent to Eggert and their Charles in Charge costar Alexander Polinsky when, he said, they “decided to team up against” him. Baio said that he told them to go to the police if they had legitimate claims, but said that “they chose not to.”
In the video, Baio said that Eggert was his “best friend” and was a friend of his wife’s but that now, all of a sudden he is “a bogeyman.”
“The problem with almost all he said-she said cases is they’re he said-she said. Now, go prove it or disprove it,” he said. The real problem with this is people with legitimate claims aren’t taken seriously — and that’s too bad.
DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Woman sues Walmart for "segregated" beauty products

gloria allred
Here’s a thought: Maybe stores keeps products locked up based on statistical data of items that are most frequently stolen. And maybe the woman should be more upset with the people that are stealing the products.
From Yahoo: A southern California woman filed a lawsuit against Walmart on Friday, alleging racial discrimination after she found that her local store was keeping beauty products marketed toward black shoppers in locked cases, separated from other products.
Essie Grundy, who is represented by women’s rights lawyer faux feminist Gloria Allred, said that she was told the policy of “segregated” beauty products at the Perris, California location was a directive from corporate headquarters. In a press conference, Allred said that store employees told Grundy that she would need to be “escorted” to the cash register with the products to pay for them.
“It perpetuates a racial stereotype that African Americans are thieves,” said Allred.
Grundy, a mother of five, said that she was not allowed to touch the lotion she picked out until she had purchased it, making her feel like a “criminal.” She said she was buying a comb that cost $0.48, and didn’t understand why that item was locked away while other non-African American products that were more expensive were not.
Allred did not specify the damages that Grundy is seeking, but the lawsuit demands that the practice be stopped immediately.
Grundy said that she visited two other nearby locations and found varying, but similar circumstances. Cosmetics for black shoppers were under additional surveillance with security cameras, while products marketed towards other ethnicities were not, she recalled. Videos and pictures circulated on social media after the news conference show that the locked boxes are a feature in many locations across the country.
Walmart responded to the allegations, saying that the company does not accept racial discrimination of any kind.
“We’re sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security,” said the company in a statement. “Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures. While we’ve yet to review a complaint, we take this situation seriously and look forward to addressing it with the court.”
DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

3rd Romney-POS debate – Open Thread

The third and last 2012 presidential debate will begin this evening at 9 pm (East coast) and 6 pm (West coast), in Boca Raton, Florida.

The subject of this debate will be Foreign Policy. The non-objective moderator is CBS’s Bob Shieffer.

As we wait for the debate to begin, here are the latest election-related news:

  • The son of Wisconsin State Senator Neal Kedzie was attacked while trying to stop someone from stealing his Romney/Ryan yard sign. Sean Kedzie was wrestled to the ground by the thief and an accomplice, held down by a constricting chokehold, and struck repeatedly about the face and head. He nearly passed out from the chokehold and suffered contusions to his face and eyes. (photo right)
  • Pro-Democrats feminist lawyer Gloria Allred claims she has an “October surprise” to drop about Mitt Romney. Speculations are that her “surprise” concerns a woman who years ago had gone to Romney when he was a “bishop” in the LDS church for help with an abortion, and was told by Romney not to get an abortion. (Read more, here).
  • Donald Trump also claims he has a “very big, big” surprise news about Obama, which he will reveal on Wednesday.

Pray for Romney! Pray for America!

~Eowyn

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Weiner Outclassed by a Porn Star

The porn star; the exhibitionist; and the lawyer. (Photo from TMZ.com)

Mark Egan of Reuters, June 15, 2011:

A porn star said on Wednesday she had an e-mail relationship with embattled Representative Anthony Weiner and that he urged her to lie about their exchanges in the hope that a scandal surrounding him would die down.

Ginger Lee, flanked by her celebrity attorney Gloria Allred, told a news conference in New York, that Weiner “asked me to lie” about their interchanges which included about 100 emails as well as messages over Twitter.

Lee, a stripper, said her relationship began with the Democratic lawmaker from New York over political issues such as a woman’s right to choose abortion, and health care, but that Weiner kept trying to turn the conversation sexual.

She said she never reciprocated his lewd messages, which were often about “his package.”

“I think that Anthony Weiner should resign because he lied. He lied to the public and the press for more than a week,” she said. “If he lied about this, I can’t have much faith in him about anything else.”

Meanwhile, Weiner continues to ignore increasing calls to resign, the latest from Obama and John Boehner.

But why should that surprise or outrage us?

A man who sends pics of his penis and testicles to women he hasn’t even met, is without any sense of right and wrong and thus, without shame. He’d have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, from his House seat.

~Eowyn & Steve

 

Please follow and like us:
error0