Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren care about “climate change” and the environment so much, both Demonrat presidential candidates are proponents of the Green New Deal that will cost the American people hundreds of billions of dollars in added taxes.
On his campaign website, Bernie Sanders says:
The climate crisis is…the single greatest challenge facing our country…we must act immediately.
To combat the “climate crisis,” Sanders wants Americans and the U.S. government to, among other measures “Commit to reducing emissions throughout the world, including providing $200 billion to the Green Climate Fund,” and “End the greed of the fossil fuel industry and hold them accountable.”
For her part, Elizabeth Warren says on her campaign website:
The world’s leading experts have long known that climate change is man-made, and we are running out of time…. This is a crisis. We need bold, aggressive action. We need a Green New Deal — and we need it now. Elizabeth is proud to be an original cosponsor of Senator Ed Markey and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal resolution, which commits the United States to a ten-year mobilization to achieve domestic net-zero emissions by 2030. It provides the framework for an ambitious effort to transform our economy and save our planet.
But both Sanders and Warren take fossil fuel-burning and carbon emissions-spewing private jets, although traveling by private jet produces roughly eight times the amount of carbon per passenger as traveling by commercial airliner. (Independent)
Below are a screenshort and a video of Elizabeth Warren disembarking from a gas-guzzling, emissions-spewing private plane. Note how Warren tried to hide behind her staffer when she realized she was spotted. (h/t Cameron Cawthorne).
As for Bernie Sanders, Brent Sher reports for The Washington Free Beacon, February 1, 2020, that “Green New Deal” Bernie Sanders leads the Democrat presidential candidates in private jet spending.
In just the last three months of 2019, the Sanders campaign spent just under $1.2 million on private jet travel, paying $1,199,579 to Apollo Jets, LLC, a “luxury private jet charter service.” The campaign spent an additional $23,941 for transportation to Virginia-based Advanced Aviation Team.
Here are what the other Demonrats’ campaigns spent on private jets in the last three months of 2019:
- Joe Biden: $1,040,698 to Advanced Aviation Team.
- Elizabeth Warren: $720,518.
- Pete Buttigieg: $323,518.
- Michael Bloomberg: $646,000.
- Socialist-environmentalist Bernie Sanders flew first-class to Miami debate; wife flew coach
- Bernie Sanders: My administration would feature population control to fight climate change
- Hypocrite: Champagne-socialist millionaire Bernie Sanders donated less than 1% of his income to charity
- Hypocrite: Bernie Sanders, proponent of $15/hr minimum wage, pays his staff poverty wages
- $16.2 trillion tax hikes to fund millionaire-socialist Bernie Sanders’ Medicare For All plan
- Bernie Sanders hires an illegal as his 2020 presidential campaign secretary