Tag Archives: Covington Catholic High School

Covington Catholic High school student sues NBC for $275M

I hope the kid prevail$.

From Fox News: Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann is suing NBCUniversal for a whopping $275 million over the media coverage he received earlier this year, his lawyer said Wednesday.

Sandmann was at the center of a viral controversy back in January, alongside reports suggesting that he and his classmates had initiated a confrontation with Native American elder Nathan Phillips outside the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. Subsequent reporting and video evidence contradicted that version of events.

Sandmann’s attorney, Todd V. McMurty, announced the defamation suit against NBCUniversal.

“NBCUniversal created a false narrative by portraying the ‘confrontation’ as a ‘hate crime’ committed by Nicholas,” the lawsuit read, saying Sandmann was “an easy target for NBCUniversal to advance its anti-Trump agenda because he was a 16-year-old white, Catholic student who had attended the Right to Life March that day and was wearing a MAGA cap at the time of the incident which he had purchased earlier in the day as a souvenir.”

This marks the third major lawusit Sandmann’s legal team has launched. The team is also suing The Washington Post for $250 million as well as CNN for $275 million. McMurty previously suggested that The Associated Press and HBO could face simiilar lawsuits.

NBCUniversal did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

DCG

Lawsuits cost money. 16-year-old Nicholas Sandmann’s parents are asking for your help. To donate, go to https://www.catholicvote.org/give/justicefornick/?REF=051

I wouldn’t ask if I haven’t donated ($25) myself.

~Eowyn

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Covington High School student suing CNN for over $250 million

I hope they pay big time.

From Fox News: CNN is likely to be hit with a massive lawsuit worth more than $250 million over alleged “vicious” and “direct attacks” on Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann, his lawyer has told Fox News.

Lawyer L. Lin Wood discussed his decision to sue CNN for its reporting and coverage of his client during an interview that will air on Fox News Channel’s “Life, Liberty & Levin” on Sunday at 10 p.m. ET.

CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” Wood told Fox News host and best-selling author Mark Levin.

“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false.”

“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him.”

Wood continued: “The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. … They’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies.”

Wood then detailed the timing of the suit, saying it will be issued “Monday, Tuesday at the latest.”

“I’ve got some young, smart lawyers that are working hard as we can,” he told Levin. “Double-checking, and listen, when we file complaints, we’ve investigated it because we want to get it right. Maybe CNN can learn from that.”
Fox News has reached out to CNN representatives for comment on the pending litigation.

Wood filed suit last month against The Washington Post. The suit calls for $250 million in compensatory and punitive damages over the paper’s coverage of the confrontation, an encounter that went viral on social media. He told Fox News that the claim against CNN is apt to be even higher.

“I expect because of the way they went after Nicholas so viciously, that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against The Washington Post,” the veteran attorney said.

“The Post was $50 million for the reputational damage … $200 million in punitive damages — punitive damages are designed to punish and to deter. I would think the punitive-damage award against CNN that we’ll seek will be at least the same $200 million as it was against The Washington Post. But the compensatory damage to Nicholas’s reputation, that number I expect will be higher.”

The lawsuit against The Washington Post accused that outlet of practicing “a modern-day form of McCarthyism” by targeting Sandmann and “using its vast financial resources to enter the bully pulpit by publishing a series of false and defamatory print and online articles … to smear a young boy who was, in its view, an acceptable casualty in their war against the president.”

Several days ago, The Post published an editor’s note admitting that subsequent information either contradicted or failed to confirm accounts relayed in its initial article. The editor’s note was not satisfactory to Sandmann’s legal team.

Read the whole story here.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Hollywood producer Jack Morrissey calls for killing innocent Covington boys by putting them into the woodchipper

Last Friday, January 18, 2019, a deceptively-edited video posted to social media ignited a media-driven public lynching of a group of teenage boys from the all-male Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky.

That day, the boys, wearing red Make America Great Again (MAGA) hats and sweatshirts, participated in the March for Life in Washington, DC. The video shows the boys surrounding, laughing and jeering at an elderly Native American man singing and playing a drum, who is identified as Nathan Phillips, an Omaha elder and Vietnam veteran.

Wiping away tears, Phillips said: “When I was there singing, I heard them [Covington boys] saying ‘Build that wall, build that wall’. This is indigenous lands. We’re not supposed to have walls here. We never did.” (WDBJ7.com)

The Covington boys were roundly denounced by media outlets and their hometown mayor. The Covington Catholic School, Diocese and Archdiocese issued abject apologies and condemnation of the students.

It turns out the full video of the incident shows an entirely different version of what happened.

Instead of the Covington boys harassing Phillips, it was Phillips and a group of fellow Native American activists who approached the boys who were doing school cheers. (The March for Life coincided with an Indigenous People’s Rally.)

As you can see in the video below, posted to YouTube on January 18, the day of the incident, Phillips tests several of the boys, then targets one of them (0:58 mark). Chanting, Phillips gets in the boy’s face with a metal drumstick and drum. Another Native American man tells one of the students, “White people go back to Europe. This is not your land.”

It gets worse.

One of the Covington students told the Gateway Pundit that they were waiting for their school bus and doing school cheers when four Black Israelites got belligerent with them: “We were standing there when a group of four African Americans started calling us ‘crackers’ and ‘school shooters'” and told one of the Covington students, who is black, that “we will harvest his organs” when he gets older.

The student’s narrative is confirmed by Marcus Frejo, one of the Native American protesters, who has admitted that he knew the blacks were harassing the Covington students when he and other Native American protesters joined their “African American brothers” “in solidarity.”

In a Facebook post about the incident, Frejo wrote that he was wandering around the area when:

“all of the sudden this mob of youth from the Covington catholic highschool make there onto the steps overlooking the African American brothers and start heckling them with loud maga chants and I quickly realize whats going on when the white bro next to me says their wearing maga hats and shirts. At that moment…I wanna go over there and stand in solidarity with the brothers and just sing.”

Although the full video of the incident was posted to Facebook on January 18, the truth didn’t stop Jack Morrissey, a Hollywood producer of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast and two Twilight Saga movies that romanticize blood-sucking soul-less vampires, from calling for the murder of the Covington boys.

On January 19, 2019, referring to the Covington boys, Morrissey tweeted that “MAGAkids” should be killed by putting them, “screaming, hats first, into the woodchipper.”

He has since locked his Twitter account so that his tweets can only be read by “confirmed followers,” but not before some netcitizen archived his tweet. Here’s a screenshot of Morrissey’s tweet:

It is not just Jack Morrissey who’s calling for violence against these innocent Covington boys.

Failed actor and ‘comedian’ Ben Hoffman, who goes by the stage name ‘Wheeler Walker Jr.,’ called for violent sexual crimes to be committed against the minor teens and even offered a reward to whoever can stalk and find the minor child and “punch him in the nuts.” (Gateway Pundit)

Yesterday, Rob Sanders, a Kentucky public prosecutor who represents the 16th Judicial Circuit of Kentucky (Kenton County), fired a warning at deranged leftists like Jack Morrissey and Ben Hoffman. He tweeted this:

Threatening acts of violence against educational institutions in Kentucky is a felony and we don’t take it lightly no matter the circumstances. #KYcrime

H/t CSM

~Eowyn

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0