It is beneath contempt that Democrats and the complicit media are using the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus as a weapon in yet another attempt to take down President Trump, even if it means inducing mass panic and hysteria, and tanking the stock market and the economy.
Note: The disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 is COVID-19.
Here’s the evidence:
(1) On Februry 25, 2020, Obama’s attorney general Eric Holder tweeted that the Trump Administration does not have “the intellectual capacity and policy acumen to navigate the nation through” the coronavirus crisis. Holder’s tweet was also a veiled assassination threat against President Trump because his tweet contains a photo of President John F. Kennedy and his brother, Bobby Kennedy, who were both assassinated.
(2) On February 26, 2020, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called the Trump administration sending a $2.5 billion supplemental budget request to Congress to combat Coronavirus “meager,” “anemic” and “too late”. (Breitbart)
(3) On February 26, 2020, the Associated Press fact-checked claims made by Michael Bloomberg and Bernie Sanders — that the Trump administration had cut the budgets of the CDC and the NIH — and found that their claims were grossly “distorted,” i.e., untrue. (Fellowship of the Minds)
(4) On March 6, 2020, on MSNBC, Eddie Glaude Jr., an African American Studies professor at Princeton, compared President Trump’s response to the Coronavirus outbreak to President George W. Bush’s supposed inept response to Hurricane Katrina, and said the coronavirus may be President Trump’s Katrina and “take down his presidency”. (LifeNews)
(5) On NBC’s “Meet the Press,” March 8, 2020, NBC political director Chuck Todd and Washington Post columnist Matt Bai said coronavirus can be the downfall of the Trump administration like Iran hostages were for Carter (Newsbusters):
Todd: “What the Iran hostage crisis was to the final year of Carter’s presidency, not his fault but it’s a test in real-time. This is what this seems to be for Trump.”
Bai said that if the coronavirus outbreak went particularly terribly, then the public will have had enough of Trump’s “chaos” and bring about a “Jimmy Carter-like scenario”.
(6) On March 9, 2020, a Washington Post op/ed by Brian Klass, assistant professor of global politics at University College London, calls the coronavirus “Trump’s Chernobyl”.
(7) On March 9, 2020, on MSNBC, “Morning Joe” Scarborough said President Trump “is doing nothing but playing in his political sandbox while this virus continues to spread silently across America” (Mediaite) and that Americans will die from the virus because of Trump’s “stupidity.” (mrcTV)
(8) On March 9, 2020, on her MSNBC show, Joy Reid depicted the children of Trump supporters as a threat to “your kids”. Calling Trump supporters gullible rubes who blindly believe in Trump, including his claim that coronavirus is a “hoax” (which Trump never said), Reid said they will ignore their children’s symptoms, and send them off to school where they can infect “your kids.” (NewsBusters)
The truth is that Trump never said coronavirus is a hoax. What he actually said was that, like the impeachment hoax, the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus as a “new hoax” against him. (Daily Wire)
(9) Most egregious is what a Democrat Councilwoman in Denver, Colorado, said. On February 28, 2020, self-proclaimed democrat socialist Councilwoman Candi CdeBaca enthusiastically tweeted “Yaaaas!!” to a tweet by Susan Daniels who declared that if she gets the coronavirus, she would do her best to infect Trump supporters by attending every MAGA rally she can.
Meanwhile, while Democrats and the media carp and maliciously exploit the coronavirus epidemic to take down President Trump, he is doing something about the epidemic. See my post, “What President Trump is doing about the coronavirus epidemic“.
Click here for the CDC’s very useful Q&A on coronavirus and COVID-19.
- Coronavirus precautions you should take from a medical doctor- virologist
- Fake News telling lies about Covid-19, again
- Use some common sense: Dr. Drew and Dr. Oz Rip Media for Coronavirus Panic
- Is the Coronavirus weaponized to use against Trump?
- As stocks plummet in coronavirus hysteria, actress Patricia Arquette wants economy to tank to hurt President Trump