Tag Archives: Central America

Woman impaled by rebar while trying to enter US illegally

US Customs and Border Patrol photo

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

From NY Post: A mother attempting to climb over a fence on the US-Mexico border fell and was impaled on a steel bar in front of her children, officials said.

The 26-year-old woman from Guatemala pierced her side and buttocks when she landed on pieces of rebar Friday night near the San Ysidro Port of Entry, a border crossing between San Diego, Ca., and Tijuana, Mexico, US Customs and Border Patrol officials said in a statement.

Border Patrol agents in San Diego rescued the woman and she was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, the statement said.

Her two children, ages 3 and 5, were also taken to the hospital and later released into Border Patrol custody, officials said.

San Diego Sector Chief Patrol Agent Rodney Scott blasted the woman’s actions as “not only dangerous, but also very foolish.”

“This woman placed her own life and her children’s lives in peril,” Scott said in the statement.

The woman told agents she wasn’t part of the migrant caravan that’s made its way from Central America to the Mexican border town of Tijuana. Some migrants traveling with the caravan tried to breach a border fence on Sunday and were fired at with tear gas by US agents.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Separated families: MS-13 gang members, including 10 illegal aliens, charged in death of Virginia teens

dead teens mendez and triminio fairfax county police dept photo

Permanently separated from their families: Mendez (l) and Triminio (r)/Fairfax County Police Dept. photo


From Fox News: Eleven MS-13 gang members – all of whom are illegal immigrants aliens except one – are facing life in prison after being charged in the kidnappings and deaths of two teens whose bodies were dug up in a Virginia park last year.
The ages of the male gang members charged Friday ranged from 20 to 27. All of them are from El Salvador and only one – who is believed to have fled the country – is not in police custody, according to NBC Washington.
Police uncovered the bodies of 17-year-old Edvin Escobar Mendez and 14-year-old Sergio Arita Triminio at Holmes Run Park in March 2017 after receiving a tip. The two teens disappeared just weeks apart the prior year.
After Mendez vanished and was reported missing by his family, his brother tracked down Triminio – one of his friends – who revealed to him that Mendez was “abducted or killed” because the MS-13 members thought he was allied with a rival gang.
Two days after that reported conversation, Triminio, who lived near Holmes Run Park, disappeared while taking out the trash. “He never came back,” his mother said.
Investigators believe Triminio was killed because the MS-13 members thought he was working as a police informant, a federal indictment said. A court-ordered electronic monitoring device that Triminio was wearing, per his probation orders, stopped working the day he vanished, the documents added.
All but one of the men facing the conspiracy to kidnap charges are reported to be illegal immigrants aliens, and one suspect is facing a conspiracy to commit murder in aid of racketeering charge.
The names of those charged are Elmer Zelaya Martinez, 27, Erick Palacios Ruiz, 20, Ronald Herrera Contreras, 20, Josue Vigil Mejia, 21, Henry Zelaya Martinez, 24, Oscar Contreras Aguilar, 20, Yonathan Melgar Martinez, 21, Pablo Miguel Barrera Velasco, 20, Anderson Villatoro, 21, Francisco Avila Avalos, 20 and Fredys Baires Abarca, 20. Their gang member aliases included nicknames such as “Killer”, “Horror” and “Lil Clandestino”.
All of them are charged with conspiracy to kidnap, while Aguilar is also charged with conspiracy to commit murder in aid ofracketeering.
MS-13 was started by Central American immigrants, mainly from El Salvador, in Los Angeles in the 1980s and has expanded to include Hondurans, Guatamalans, Mexicans and other Central and South Americans.
President Trump’s Justice and Homeland Security Departments have made targeting the gang a top priority. The president himself has used the word “animals” to describe the gang.
DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Philly mayor blasted for celebrating sanctuary ruling, despite past crimes tied to illegal aliens


From Fox News: The Philadelphia mayor, blasted by the White House after being filmed dancing in celebration after a judge ruled in favor of its sanctuary city status, was doing so because it was an “important moment for all Philadelphians,” his office said Friday, despite the city’s recent history of illegal immigrant alien-related crime.
A video tweeted by Mayor James Kenney’s deputy chief of staff showed him giddy after U.S. District Judge Michael Baylson ruled Wednesday that the Trump administration can’t withhold grants to the city over policies that limit local law enforcement’s cooperation with federal immigration officials.
“Mayor Kenney displayed excitement because it was an important moment for all Philadelphians, especially our immigrant community,” Deana Gamble, his communications director, told Fox News on Friday.
Gamble said the city’s policies are designed to ensure individuals’ constitutional rights are protected. “Philadelphia does not protect or harbor criminals and the judge also found that Philadelphia has historically cooperated [with] federal law enforcement agencies in fighting crime, which is beyond dispute and widely known,” she added.
Philadelphia previously has said it will only hand illegal immigrants over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents if they show a warrant signed by a judge.
But ICE, as recently as May, have been carrying out operations in the Philadelphia metro region that it says target “criminal aliens, public safety threats, and individuals who have violated our nation’s immigration laws.”
“Many people in Philadelphia have been killed, raped or assaulted at the hands of criminal illegal aliens,” White House spokesman Hogan Gidley told Fox News yesterday, calling Kenney’s dance “disgusting.”
Outside of the raids, illegal immigrants aliens who have committed crimes or fugitives who have been deported from the Philadelphia area in recent years include:

  • Milton Mateo Garcia, who was sentenced in 2016 to up for 44 years in state prison after being convicted two years earlier of raping a young woman in Philadelphia’s Center City neighborhood. Garcia, a restaurant kitchen worker from Honduras, came to be known as the “Rittenhouse rapist” after he grabbed a 26-year-old woman by her neck outside of her apartment and pushed her inside, where he sexually assaulted her. Federal officials at the time said Garcia, 28, had been living in Philadelphia illegally and had already been deported at least once before he targeted the woman. Following the announcement of the lengthy sentence, Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams said “Garcia does not belong on Philadelphia’s streets and, as a result of today’s sentencing, he won’t be anymore.”
  • Darlin Navarro-Turcos, also from Honduras, who was sent back to the Central American country in 2015 after being convicted of assault in association with the stabbing death of a man on a Philadelphia street a year earlier. Navarro-Turcios, who had been going by the alias Darlin Mendoza-Sanders, served a year in jail over the attack and had entered the country illegally in March 2003, ICE said. Prior to the murder, he was convicted of driving under the influence. “The crime this criminal alien is associated with is heinous,” said Tom Decker, director of ICE’s Philadelphia Enforcement and Removal Operations office.
  • Edwin Estuardo Martinez-Ortega, who as an 18-year-old was deported from Philadelphia in 2014. Martinez-Ortega was identified by ICE as a fugitive wanted on murder charges in his native country of Guatemala, and was picked up by agents after they found him at a barber shop in Warminster, just north of Philadelphia. ICE said they were tracking his presence in the area after his brother Nectali Ortega-Duarte was arrested in 2011 and deported to Guatemala on charges linked to the same crime.

Federal authorities said they swept up 49 immigrants in the Philadelphia metro area in late May of this year during a “targeted enforcement operation” aimed at “criminal aliens, immigration fugitives, re-entrants, and other immigration violators.”
“This operation resulted in multiple arrests of criminal aliens, public safety threats, and individuals who have violated our nation’s immigration laws,” Philadelphia Acting Field Office Director Gregory Brawley said after the sweep. “Some of these dangerous individuals had been released to the streets instead of being turned over to ICE on our detainers, which compromises the safety of the homeland that ICE officers strive to protect every day.”
ICE did not reveal the identities of those taken into custody, but said they included a 52-year-old Mexican illegal immigrant alien who was charged with simple assault and terroristic threats, and a 26-year-old Haitian illegal immigrant alien who had been “convicted in the Common Pleas Court at Philadelphia, of robbery, possession of an instrument of crime, simple assault, and criminal attempt-theft by unlawful taking.”
Read the whole story here.
DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

MS-13 wants to send younger and more violent offenders to the U.S.

ms-13
And yet demorats will continue to defend their sanctuary policies which allow these animals to freely roam in the U.S.
From Fox News: Frustrated MS-13 gang leaders feeling the pressure from the Trump administration’s crackdown are looking to send “younger, more violent offenders” to the United States to take over the role of being enforcers, officials say.
The revelations were made Thursday during a House Committee on Homeland Security meeting on fighting international criminal organizations, where officials discussed the arrests and imprisonment of MS-13 members and leadership over the last year.
“They’re very much interested in sending younger, more violent offenders up through their channels into this country in order to be enforcers for the gang,” said Stephen Richardson, assistant director of the FBI’s criminal investigative division, according to VOA News.
Peter King, R-N.Y., the committee’s chairman, said his staff recently visited El Salvador and was told by law enforcement there that the gang — which mostly operates out of prisons in the Central American country — is “frustrated that MS-13 members in [the U.S.] are not violent enough.”
“It’s a horrifying thought,” King was quoted as saying by VOA News.
Justice Department figures say the gang has 40,000 members worldwide, with around 10,000 in the U.S. carrying out crimes ranging from extortion to gun trafficking.
“We’re looking at the information we’re getting and doubling down our efforts against MS-13,” Raymond Villaneuva, an assistant director for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told lawmakers in response to King’s comments.
The gang, also responsible for dozens of gruesome deaths throughout the U.S., was designated a “priority” last year by the Justice Department’s Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force. Prosecutors are able to pursue any legal avenue to target MS-13, according to Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions.
U.S. officials and three Central American countries announced in September that more than 3,800 members of MS-13 and the 18th Street gangs have been charged since March.
Sessions also said in December the Justice Department convicted more than 1,000 gang members in the U.S. in 2017, VOA News reported.
MS-13 is believed to be behind 25 killings on New York’s Long Island alone in the past two years.
Trump in July 2017 visited Brentwood, N.Y., a town that has experienced the gang’s wrath, and pledged to push Congress for additional federal immigration agents to crack down on gang members who are in the country illegally. He also called MS-13 members “animals.”
Many MS-13 recruits are middle- and high-school students, predominantly in immigrant communities, who are said to risk violent retribution if they leave.
See also:

DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Charges dropped for immigrant teens accused of school sex assault in Maryland

henry sanchez illegalI told you about this case on March 20th – a 14-year-old girl claimed she was raped in the bathroom by two immigrants – one here illegally. They are not being charged with rape.
This latest development is infuriating and disappointing.
From NY Post: Prosecutors have dropped rape charges against two immigrant teens — one in the country illegally — because their alleged victim’s story fell apart.
Ninth-graders Jose Montano, 17, and Henry Sanchez Milian, 18, were accused of pushing a female classmate into a Rockville, Maryland, high school bathroom and violently raping her in March, fueling fiery national debate over immigration policies because both suspects were from Central America and Sanchez Milian was here illegally.
But officials dropped the charges Thursday, because school surveillance images and texts sent from the supposed victim to her alleged attackers raised doubts about the girl’s story, the Washington Post reports.
“At no point did the girl express any reluctance with any sex acts,” said Sanchez Milian’s attorney Andew Jezic. “From the night before, she actively planned a sexual encounter.”
Prosecutors are still charging Sanchez Milian with possession of child pornography over racy images of the female victim on his phone.
But his attorney says the victim willingly shared the pictures with Montano, who then passed the lewd photos to Sanchez Milian, and the smut charges are a last-ditch effort to target the immigrant teens, Jezic said.
“This is selective prosecution of elective promiscuity,” he said. “It is hardly uncommon behavior for teenagers.”
DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

680 Cubans returned home since end of 'wet foot, dry foot'

wet-foot-dry-foot-obama
Via Fox News: About 680 Cubans have been returned to the island from various countries since then-President Barack Obama ended a longstanding immigration policy that allowed any Cuban who made it to U.S. soil to stay and become a legal resident, state television reported Friday.
Cuba’s government had long sought the repeal of the “wet foot, dry foot” policy, which it said encouraged Cubans to risk dangerous voyages and drained the country of professionals. The Jan. 12 decision by Washington to end it followed months of negotiations focused in part on getting Havana to agree to take back people who had arrived in the U.S.
Cuban state television said late Friday that the returnees came from countries including the United States, Mexico and the Bahamas, and were sent back to the island between Jan. 12 and Feb. 17. It did not break down which countries the 680 were sent back from.
The report said the final two returnees arrived from the United States on Friday “on the first charter flight especially destined for an operation of this type.”
Florida’s El Nuevo Herald newspaper reported that the two women were deemed “inadmissible” for entry to the United States and placed on a morning flight to Havana.
Wilfredo Allen, an attorney for one of the women, says they had arrived at Miami International Airport with European passports. The women requested asylum and were detained.
The repeal of the “wet foot, dry foot” policy was Obama’s final move before leaving office in the rapprochement with the communist-run country that he and Cuban President Castro began in December 2014. The surprise decision left hundreds of Cubans stranded in transit in South and Central America.
Before he assumed the presidency on Jan. 20, Donald Trump criticized the detente between the U.S. and Cuba, tweeting that he might “terminate” it.
DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Obama to expand refugee programs for Central American migrants amid new surge

Of course he is.
O laughs
From Fox News: The Obama administration will soon expand efforts to help Central American families and children legally immigrate to the United States amid another surge of migrants caught crossing the border illegally.
White House Deputy Homeland Security Adviser Amy Pope said Tuesday that the administration will expand in-country refugee processing for families coming from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala and launch an effort to temporarily relocate some families facing the greatest threats to Costa Rica. The government is also broadening a nearly two-year-old program to allow some Central American children to reunite with parents already legally living in the United States.
Deputy Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said that program will now allow some unmarried siblings, in-country parents and other caregivers to move to the U.S. with a child approved for the program.
The efforts are designed in part to combat the crush of tens of thousands of families and unaccompanied children caught crossing the border illegally this year. But it is unclear how quickly the expanded efforts may impact the flow of immigrants trying to make their way to the United States illegally.
Since the start of the budget year in October, more than 51,100 people traveling as families and more than 43,000 unaccompanied children have been caught illegally crossing the Mexican border. The number of such immigrants has been steadily rising this year after significant decreases between the 2014 and 2015 budget years.
The Obama administration first launched the effort to allow child immigrants to legally come to the U.S. in December 2014. More than 600 have moved to the United States since then. Mayorkas said 2,884 kids have been approved for the program and more than 9,500 applications are pending.
In January, the administration first announced that the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees would pre-screen would-be refugee families. U.S. officials will now handle more in-country processing for those families.
Pope said refugee programs in Central America are being expanded because “current efforts to date haven’t been sufficient.” The new programs, she said, are designed to help “promote safe and orderly immigration and border security.”
laugh
Pope said it is unclear how many families and children may benefit from the enhanced programs but officials expect requests for help to steadily increase as the programs get underway in the coming months. In the meantime, Costa Rica will also soon start accepting up to 200 people in immediate need of refuge at a time for up to six months.
DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0