UPDATE (5.17.11): The White House is backing away from its trial balloon and is disowning its own proposal to tax Americans by the miles we drive. See: https://news.yahoo.com/s/theweek/20110506/cm_theweek/215015_20110506105300
Green guru Al Gore owns 5 big mansions, flies in private jet planes, and has made millions off the climate change scam.
While we were distracted with the killing of Osama bin Laden and the release of Obama’s phony birth certificate, the Obama administration also released something else — a trial balloon of a very bad idea.
A draft bill was circulated within the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the Office of Management and Budget to tax Americans for the number of miles that we drive — so as to reduce our carbon dioxide emissions.
You can view a copy of this draft USDOT bill, with the Orwellian name “Transportation Opportunities Act,” here.
According to The Hill, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) “suggested that a vehicle miles traveled (VMT) tax could be tracked by installing electronic equipment on each car to determine how many miles were driven; payment could take place electronically at filling stations.”
The End of the American Dream blog warns us that “if this ever does become law, the tracking equipment will probably be installed on all new vehicles.” No amount of common sense will stop the global warming/climate change Greens from pressing forward with their militant crusade despite these inconvenient truths:
- Carbon dioxide has nothing to do with global warming.
- Carbon dioxide is one of the basic building blocks of life on planet earth, and our atmosphere is already starved of carbon dioxide.
- Reducing levels of carbon dioxide will make it harder for crops to grow and could set off a global famine.
- Over 95% of all carbon dioxide emissions would still occur even if humans were not present on Earth.
In Europe, the mantra that “carbon dioxide = evil” has become gospel. The European Commission has unveiled a plan to ban all cars from major European cities by the year 2050, part of a draconian master plan to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in Europe by 60% over the next 40 years.
Global Warmists have other
brilliant ideas, including these top 12 stupidest ideas. One idea is to feed massive amounts of garlic to our cows to keep them from farting so much.
The radical green agenda is at the very heart of the New World Order system. Just watch this video of the kind of future “Planned-opolis” the Greens want for our future.
The video was produced by the Forum for the Future, an NGO funded by big corporations such as Time Warner and Royal Dutch Shell.
The radical green agenda is already being implemented in the United States:
- The federal government wants to dictate to us what kinds of light bulbs we are allowed to buy.
- In some areas of the United States, government snoopers actually sort through the trash of residents to ensure that environmental rules are being followed. For example, in the city of Cleveland, Ohio authorities have announced plans to have “trash supervisors” snoop through trash cans to ensure that people are actually recycling according to city guidelines.
The fact that there is even draft legislation taxing Americans based on the number of miles that we drive should alarm all of us. If the Greens have their way, there are going to be lots of these kinds of taxes in our future.
Are you gonna just sit there, or will you tell Congress “I’ve had enough and I’m not gonna take this anymore”?
Please follow and like us: