Tag Archives: California Democratic Party

#BelieveSurvivors: California Democratic Party Chairman Eric Bauman accused of sexual assault

Demorat Eric Bauman

Eric Bauman was all for destroying Justice Kavanaugh based on flimsy allegations. Some of his tweets/retweets during the confirmation process:

“This says it all: #DefeatKavanaugh. Time for justice for the 1 in 6 women who are victims of sexual violence. #MeToo #BelieveSurvivors #TimesUp #WhyIDidntReport”

“Any person listening to #ChristinaBlaseyFord testify who does not hear & feel her pain & see her deep emotion as she relives this trauma, is heartless & utterly inhuman. The contrast between the sensitivity of the Democratic Senators & the GOP prosecutor is stark. #KavaNOPE

‘The safety and dignity of women is no longer secondary to the needs of powerful men.’ @timesupnow is calling for Brett Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination to the Supreme Court”

“A vicious, vile and soulless attack on Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. Is it any wonder that she was terrified to come forward, and that other sexual assault survivors are as well? She is a remarkable profile in courage. He (President Trump) is a profile in cowardice.”

Wonder if Bauman still wants us to #BelieveSurvivors now that he’s being accused of sexual harassment? Is it time for Kavanaugh-style justice or for Bauman to have his due process?

From SF Chronicle: California Democratic Party Chairman Eric Bauman has been accused of sexually assaulting or harassing staff members by Vice Chairman Daraka Larimore-Hall, the party’s third-in-command.

In an email sent Saturday to the party’s executive board, Larimore-Hall said he has filed a complaint with the party’s human resources department, calling for Bauman to be removed as chairman in light of what Larimore-Hall called “credible, corroborated and utterly heart-breaking allegations.”

“I take seriously any allegation brought forward by anyone who believes they have been caused pain,” Bauman, the state party’s first openly gay chairman, said in a statement Saturday evening. He said an independent investigation of the allegations had been undertaken by a “respected outside investigator” to ensure that staffers making the charges are “free from any concerns of retaliation.”

“Procedures are in place to handle these matters, and independent counsel will ensure that they are followed. I look forward to putting these allegations behind us and moving forward as unified Democrats.

Larimore-Hall did not respond to requests for comment, but in the email to the executive board he said that he had been recently approached by “a number of party staff” who said they had been sexually harassed or assaulted by Bauman at party functions.

“I will forever be inspired by the bravery of these young political professionals, many of whom are at the very beginnings of their careers,” Larimore-Hall wrote.

Larimore-Hall included no details about the alleged incidents or the staff members who reportedly were assaulted. In his email, he said that he would allow the victims to decide whether to come forward. “Obviously, it is completely unacceptable for Chairman Bauman to remain in office” given the allegations, he said.

Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Fremont, called the allegations “shocking” on Twitter Friday evening and suggested Bauman be replaced by Michele Dauber, a law professor at Stanford who spearheaded the effort to recall Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky. The judge sparked national outrage after he sentenced a Stanford athlete to six months in jail for sexually assaulting and attempting to rape an unconscious woman.

“We need a bold feminist to lead for 2020,” Khanna said. He also said he’d also support Kimberly Ellis of Richmond, whom Bauman bested in the contentious race for the party’s top job by just 62 votes last year at the state party convention.

That race exposed deep fault lines within the state’s Democratic Party. Bauman, a longtime party insider, was seen by the party’s more left-leaning faction as insufficiently progressive, too cozy with business interests and willing to disregard the demands of the party’s grassroots members.

Hene Kelly, an executive board member and regional director for the party in the Bay Area, said the allegations ought to be investigated but worried that they would sap some of the momentum built up in the wake of state Democrat’s resounding victories during the midterms.

“I’m absolutely torn up about this, because this is not what we need right now,” she said.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Amid new groping allegations and a past "encounter," CA Assemblyman Raul Bocanegra (D) will not run for re-election

raul bocanegra
Demorats knew of Bocanegra’s behavior in 2009 and they supported him in the 2016 election. Guess demorats are only “disturbed” about his behaviors when more than one victim comes forward.
From Sacramento Bee: Assemblyman Raul Bocanegra, a Los Angeles Democrat accused of groping a woman in 2009 when he was a legislative staff member, announced Monday that he will not seek re-election next year.
The announcement came just hours before the Los Angeles Times reported allegations involving Bocanegra and six other women. If the allegations are true, Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon said, he will move that Bocanegra be expelled from the Assembly.
“These allegations are extremely disturbing, especially since they come after Mr. Bocanegra had previously been investigated and disciplined* as a staff member and agreed to stop any harassing or abusive behavior,” Rendon, D-Paramount, said in a statement. “The decision to deny constituents the representation of their elected official can be a difficult one, but make no mistake: If the investigation affirms the allegations, I will move to immediately expel Mr. Bocanegra from the Assembly.”
*From Wikipedia: In 2009 Bocanegra worked as a staff member for then Assemblymember Felipe Fuentes. In October of 2017, Elise Flynn Gyore, who worked as a staffer for a state senator at the time, alleged that Bocanegra “put his hands into her blouse” outside of a bathroom at a night club in Sacramento. Flynn Gyore did not know Bocanegra at the time. The next day she reported the incident to the Senate sergeant who conducted an investigation which concluded that it was “more likely than not that Mr. Bocanegra engaged in [that] behavior that night”. In October 2017, Flynn Gyore made her allegation public, to which Bocanegra issued a public apology saying that he was “deeply regretful about putting someone in this position”, and that he wanted “to apologize most sincerely.”
In a message posted to Facebook, Bocanegra said he would immediately resign from his leadership position as majority whip and suspend his campaign for the San Fernando Valley seat.
“As you may know, news stories were reported a few weeks ago about a regrettable encounter when I was a legislative staffer in 2009. It was a moment that I truly regret, that I am very sorry for, and for which I have accepted responsibility for my actions,” Bocanegra wrote. “These news reports have since fueled persistent rumors and speculation, and I do not believe that this is in the best interest of my constituents to continue to serve next term.”
“I have sought counsel from community members and constituents,” he continued. “After much discussion and reflection, the most prudent decision to avoid another costly special election in Los Angeles and ensure our community is not left without any representation in the State Assembly would be for me to resign at the end of the legislative session. I will spend this time focusing my energy on serving my constituents.”
His decision comes more than three weeks after longtime Capitol staff member Elise Flynn Gyore spoke publicly, including to The Bee, about an after-hours event in 2009 in which Bocanegra, then a chief of staff, stalked her around a downtown Sacramento nightclub and grabbed her underneath her clothes.
The Assembly investigated Bocanegra at the time and ordered him to stay away from Gyore. She said she continues to deal with what she feels was an inadequate response by the Legislature.
In recent weeks, the Los Angeles Daily News and a handful of Bocanegra’s constituents have called on him to resign, including former Assemblywoman Patty Lopez, a fellow Democrat who defeated Bocanegra in a stunning upset in 2014 and then lost to him again last November.
After his announcement Monday, Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia, D-Bell Gardens, demanded that Bocanegra resign immediately. “@AsmBocanegra you are not the victim, you are the perpetrator who’s victimized untold #’s of women & girls & brought shame to the people you purported to represent,” she wrote on Twitter. “Don’t wait till 2018. Leave now. #WeSaidEnough #MeToo #IBelieveYou”
DCG

Please follow and like us:
error0