While Americans are transfixed by the the Brangelina divorce and Kim Kardashian’s robbery hoax, U.S.-Russian relations rapidly are deteriorating to a point that war is no longer an alarmist fantasy.
Below is a quick look at what has happened and is happening, with embedded links for your perusal. You will see that it is the Obama administration who is being hostile and provocative.
• On September 17, 2016, the U.S. coalition bombed Syrian government troops fighting the Islamic State near the city of Deir Ezzor, killing more than 80 and wounding over 100. The U.S. called it an “accident”; Russia said the U.S. is intentionally aiding the Islamic State/ISIS. (The Free Thought Project)
• On September 28, 2016, U.S. State Department spokesman John Kirby issued a veiled threat to Moscow — of terror attacks on Russian cities and shoot-downs of Russian jets if Vladimir Putin continues his fight against ISIS in Syria. Kirby told reporters in a press briefing that “Extremist groups will continue to exploit the vacuums that are there in Syria to expand their operations, which could include attacks against Russian interests, perhaps even Russian cities. Russia will continue to send troops home in body bags, and will continue to lose resources, perhaps even aircraft,” adding that if the war in Syria continues “more Russian lives will be lost, more Russian aircraft will be shot down.”
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova took the remarks as a thinly veiled threat. In a Facebook post, Zakharova asks: “And those [acts of terrorism] will be perpetrated by ‘moderate’ [Syrian opposition groups]? Just the ones that Washington has been unable to separate from Al-Nusra for as long as six months? Don’t you think that such ventriloquism about ‘body bags,’ ‘terrorist attacks in Russian cities’ and ‘loss of aircraft,’ sounds more like a ‘get ’em’ command, rather than a diplomatic comment?”
Al-Nusra is an Al-Qaeda offshoot. An Al-Nusra unit commander recently revealed that “The Americans are on our side” and that Al-Nusra had been given TOW missiles and other weapons “directly” from the U.S. and its allies. (InfoWars)
• Yesterday, October 3, after threatening for almost a week to end the nearly 6 years of negotiations with Russia on the Syrian peace process, the Obama administration unilaterally broke off all talks with Moscow. White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters that there is “nothing more for the US and Russia to talk about” in Syria.
• Also yesterday, Oct. 3, Russia suspended participation in a program for disposing of plutonium from decommissioned nuclear warheads. Russian officials gave as the explanation “the radical change in the environment, a threat to strategic stability posed by the hostile actions of the US against Russia, and the inability of the US to deliver on the obligation to dispose of excessive weapons plutonium under international treaties.” (ZeroHedge)
• Today, Oct. 4, Russia begins a massive 4-day “All-Russian civil defense drill”. As described by the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense:
- The drill involves federal and regional executive authorities, local governments and organizations in all constituent territories of Russia.
- Altogether, more than 40 million people, 200,000 specialists of emergency rescue divisions, and about 50,000 units of equipment will participate in in the drill.
- The main goal of the drill is to practice organization of management during civil defense events and emergency and fire management, to check preparedness of management bodies and forces of civil defense on all levels to respond to natural and man-made disasters and to take civil defense measures.
- The drill will rehearse radiation, chemical and biological protection of the personnel and population during emergencies. Response units will deploy radiation, chemical and biological monitoring centers and sanitation posts at the emergency areas, while laboratory control networks are going to be put on standby.
• InfoWars Alex Jones has been puzzled by why the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton have been painting Jones and Donald Trump — who wants peace with Russia — as Putin’s puppets. In the video below, Jones has an “Aha!” epiphany.
Beginning at the 2:31 mark, Jones said:
“I was thinking, why am I so troubled by them going on MSNBC and CNN putting my picture up there with Putin’s, with Trump’s, saying that we’re Russian agents and we got our orders from Putin and he’s our godfather. I was thinking it’s ridiculous, it’s made up, it’s not true. That’s just another sovereign nation trying to get out from under globalism. […] And then it clicks. […] Oh my God, they really are going to war with Russia, and anyone that doesn’t go along with the war is a Russian agent, because none of this makes sense and is comical unless you know you’re going for broke and you don’t care. That’s why all the elites are buying bunkers and leaving the United States. It may not be this year or next year, but […] World War III with the Russians is set in the next 4 to 5 years, and the globalists want to entice the Russians to attack — a first strike.”
• On August 31, 2016, Hillary Clinton threatened Russia with war. Accusing Russia of “hacking into the Democratic National Committee and even some state election systems,” she said:
“So we’ve got to step up our game, make sure we are well defended and able to take the fight to those who go after us. As President, I will make it clear that United States will treat cyber attacks just like any other attack. We will be ready with serious political, economic, and military responses.“
• In May 2016, The Saker wrote that Russia is preparing for World War III:
The Russians all see that the US power is on the decline and that the dollar will, sooner or later, gradually or suddenly, lose its role as the main reserve and exchange currency on the planet (this process has already begun). Simply put – unless the US finds a way to dramatically change the current international dynamic the AngloZionist Empire will collapse. The Russians believe that what the Americans are doing is, at best, to use tensions with Russia to revive a dormant Cold War v2 and, at worst, to actually start a real shooting war in Europe. […]
So let us now examine the Russian reaction to Empire’s stance.
First, the Russians want to make darn sure that the Americans do not give in to the illusion that a full-scale war in Europe would be like WWII which saw the US homeland only suffer a few, tiny, almost symbolic, attacks by the enemy. Since a full scale war in Europe would threaten the very existence of the Russian state and nation, the Russians are now taking measures to make darn sure that, should that happen, the US would pay an immense price for such an attack.
Second, the Russians are now evidently assuming that a conventional threat from the West might materialize in the foreseeable future. They are therefore taking the measures needed to counter that conventional threat.
Third, since the USA appears to be dead set into deploying an anti-ballistic missile system not only in Europe, but also in the Far East, the Russians are taking the measures to both defeat and bypass this system.
The Russian effort is a vast and a complex one, and it covers almost every aspect of Russian force planning, but there are four examples which, I think, best illustrate the Russian determination not to allow a 22 June 1941 to happen again:
- The re-creation of the First Guards Tank Army (in progress)
- The deployment of the Iskander-M operational-tactical missile system (done)
- The deployment of the Sarmat ICBM (in progress)
- The deployment of the Status-6 strategic torpedo (in progress) […]
So sometimes things have to be said directly and unambiguously: western politicians better not believe in their own imperial hubris. So far, all their threats have achieved is that the Russians have responded with a many but futile verbal protests and a full-scale program to prepare Russia for WWIII.
As I have written many times, Russians are very afraid of war and they will go out of their way to avoid it. But they are also ready for war. This is a uniquely Russian cultural feature which the West has misread an innumerable number of time over the past 1000 years or so. Over and over again have the Europeans attacked Russia only to find themselves into a fight they would never have imagined, even in their worst nightmares. This is why the Russians like to say that “Russia never starts wars, she only ends them”. […]
If the AngloZionist ‘deep state’ is really delusional enough to trigger a war with Russia, in Europe or elsewhere, the narcissistic and hedonistic West, drunk on its own propaganda and hubris, will discover a level of violence and warfare it cannot even imagine and if that only affected those responsible for these reckless and suicidal policies it would be great. But the problem is, of course, that many millions of us, simple, regular people, will suffer and die as a consequence of our collective failure to prevent that outcome. I hope and pray that my repeated warnings will at least contribute to what I hope is a growing realization that this folly has to be immediately stopped and that sanity must return to politics.
• On June 23, 2016, Reuters reports that:
“Russia is likely to deploy advanced nuclear-capable missiles in its European exclave of Kaliningrad by 2019, casting the move as a reply to a U.S.-backed missile shield, and may one day put them in Crimea too, sources close to its military predict. That would fuel what is already the worst standoff between Russia and the West since the Cold War and put a swathe of territory in NATO members Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia in the cross-hairs.”
The nuke-capable missiles are called the Iskander, the Persian name for Alexander the Great.
Please follow and like us: