With all the #BLM and Antifa riots and violence, it’s no suprise that according to the latest Gallup poll, Americans are less likely to call for increased gun control than they have been since 2016 .
From Sept. 30 to Oct. 15, 2020, in telephone interviews with a minimum quota of 70% cellphone respondents and 30% landline respondents, Gallup polled a national random sample of 1,035 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. The margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points at the 95% confidence level.
Here are the poll results:
- Support for a ban on the possession of handguns:
- Only 25% support a ban on handguns, which is a decrease of 18 percentage points from its 1991 high, and is near the lowest on record in Gallup’s 40-year trend.
- 74% of U.S. adults say such a ban should not be put in place.
- Support for stricter laws governing the sale of firearm:
- While a majority of 57% support stricter laws covering the sale of firearms, this is a seven-percentage-point decline since last year. Note that in 1990, as many as 78% of U.S. adults wanted stricter laws for the sale of firearms.
- 34% of U.S. adults prefer that gun laws be kept as they are now.
- 9% would like gun laws to be less strict.
- Those who want stricter gun-sales laws:
- More women (67%) than men (46%).
- More Democrats (85%) and Independents (60%) than Republicans (22%).
- More non-gunowners (72%) than gunowners (26%).
- More blue than red states: East (68%), West (63%), Midwest (50%), South (49%).
- More residents of cities (65%) and suburbia (58%) than rural (46%).
- Mass-shooting false-flags like Sandy Hook and Parkland work, but only for a time. Gallup points out that “Americans’ preferences for tougher gun control have generally peaked in the wake of prominent mass shootings and waned as the memory of each fades.”
President Trump is a staunch supporter of our Second Amendment right, whereas Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and the Democrat Party are for gun control. See:
- Joe Biden: Second Amendment doesn’t mean you’re entitled to own a gun
- Not a gaffe: Joe Biden will go after gun industry and your guns
- If elected president, Kamala Harris would use executive order for gun control, contrary to Constitution’s 2nd Amendment
- Democrats: The Godless party of gun control, nationwide lockdown and higher taxes, endorsed by China and U.S. Communist Party
Given these poll findings — of a decline in Americans’ support for gun control — it’s all the more curious that supposedly Biden won the 2020 presidential election.