Let’s talk straight here:
Obama and the Demonrats are going to find every way, every mechanism, every subterfuge to get Amesty for Illegal Aliens because they represent potential likely voters for them. The latest is Harry Reid’s so-called Dream Act, which he has sneakily attached as an amendment to a defense authorization bill, thereby holding our soldiers and US national security hostage to amnesty.
The Senate is voting on the Defense Authorization bill TODAY!
Fight it! Call your reps in Congress and tell them in no uncertain terms if he/she votes for this Dream Act, you’ll do your utmost to remove them from office. CLICK HERE to find out who’s your senator or Congressman/woman.
The White House had a secretive conference call with officials to discuss the Dream Amnesty Act last Friday (Sept. 17) at 2:30pm EST. This call was off the record and not intended for press or bloggers.
I suggest we call the White House number (800) 288-8968 or email Stephanie Valencia (Associate Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement email@example.com) and let them know what we think of their Dream Act (aka Amnesty for Illegals)! To the barricades, fellow patriots!
For a list of senators who are fence-sitters on the Amnesty Dream Act, go HERE. Sen. Bill Nelson of FL is for it. Change his mind.
The toll free number for Congress: 1-877-851-6437. One call can tip this!
H/t beloved fellows Tina, FS, May, and my friend Mark McGrew.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced this week that he’s attaching the DREAM Act to the defense authorization bill. With ethnic activists breathing down his neck and President Obama pushing to fulfill his campaign promise to Hispanics, Reid wants his queasy colleagues to vote on the legislation next week.
Open-borders lawmakers have tried and failed to pass the DREAM Act through regular channels for the past decade. That’s because informed voters know giving green cards to illegal alien students undermines the rule of law, creates more illegal immigration incentives and grants preferential treatment to illegal alien students over law-abiding native and naturalized American students struggling to get an education in tough economic times. This bad idea is compounded by a companion proposal to recruit more illegal aliens into the military with the lure of citizenship (a fraud-ridden and reckless practice countenanced under the Bush administration).
DREAM Act lobbyists are spotlighting heart-wrenching stories of high-achieving teens brought to this country when they were toddlers. But instead of arguing for case-by-case dispensations, the protesters want blanket pardons. The broadly drafted Senate bill would confer benefits on applicants up to age 35, and the House bill contains no age ceiling at all. The academic achievement requirements are minimal. Moreover, illegal aliens who didn’t arrive in the country until they turned 15 — after they laid down significant roots in their home country — would be eligible for DREAM Act benefits and eventual U.S. citizenship. And like past amnesty packages, the Democratic plan is devoid of any concrete eligibility and enforcement mechanisms to deter already-rampant immigration benefit fraud.
The DREAM Act sponsors have long fought to sabotage a clearly worded provision in the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) that states: “Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State (or a political subdivision) for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit (in no less an amount, duration, and scope) without regard to whether the citizen or national is such a resident.”
Ten states defied that federal law and offered DREAM Act-style tuition preference to illegal aliens: California, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and Washington. The last time DREAM Act champions tried to tack their scheme onto a larger immigration proposal, they snuck in language that would absolve those 10 states of their law-breaking by repealing the 1996 law retroactively — and also offering the special path to green cards and citizenship for illegal alien students.
Despite the obvious electoral advantage this plan would give Democrats, several pro-illegal alien amnesty Republicans crossed the aisle to support the DREAM Act, including double-talking Sens. John McCain, Richard Lugar, Bob Bennett, Sam Brownback, Norm Coleman, Susan Collins, Larry Craig, Chuck Hagel, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Mel Martinez and Olympia Snowe, as well as presidential candidate Mike Huckabee (who champions even greater illegal alien student benefits than those proposed by Democrats). After paying lip service to securing the borders, McCain promised DREAM Act demonstrators this week that he supported the bill and would work to “resolve their issues.”
Out-of-touch pols might want to pay attention to the world outside their bubble. A recent Quinnipiac University poll shows that Americans across the political spectrum favor tougher enforcement of existing immigration laws over rolling out the amnesty welcome wagon. When asked, “Do you think immigration reform should primarily move in the direction of integrating illegal immigrants into American society or in the direction of stricter enforcement of laws against illegal immigration?” solid majorities of registered Republicans, Democrats and independents chose stricter enforcement over greater integration of the illegal alien population.
- Pope Francis says we should obey the United Nations
- Ignore her own carbon footprint: Diane Von Furstenberg unveils “ScrapWrap” dresses made of trash to save the environment
- This is rich: WA state Gov. Inslee calls for oversight of private psychiatric hospitals while state hospital is decertified and defunded
- Fake MAGA Crime: Former NFL player charged for spraying the “N” word and MAGA on walls to make it look like a hate crime
- Senate Democrats introduce new gun-control bill: federal license, registration, red flag & gun confiscation
- Michelle Obama charging up to $4,200 for tickets to new tour
- Media, demorats promised no one wanted to take your guns
- Evil new sexual fetish: Couples repeatedly get pregnant, then abort
- Seattle/King County finally have a plan to address repeat offenders: Will cost just an additional $5M taxpayer dollars
- Sunday Devotional: The lost sheep
- Pope Francis says we should obey the United Nations on
- Ignore her own carbon footprint: Diane Von Furstenberg unveils “ScrapWrap” dresses made of trash to save the environment on
- Pope Francis says we should obey the United Nations on
- Senate Democrats introduce new gun-control bill: federal license, registration, red flag & gun confiscation on
- Fake MAGA Crime: Former NFL player charged for spraying the “N” word and MAGA on walls to make it look like a hate crime on
- Wayne Madsen: Snopes.com is a CIA operation on
- Christine Blasey Ford’s body language on
- This is rich: WA state Gov. Inslee calls for oversight of private psychiatric hospitals while state hospital is decertified and defunded on
Most read posts
- Michelle Obama is a man: See the junk moving in his pants 344 views
- Senate Democrats introduce new gun-control bill: federal license, registration, red flag & gun confiscation 245 views
- Despicable: Watch human predators prey on elderly woman 207 views
- Pope Francis says we should obey the United Nations 179 views
- Fake MAGA Crime: Former NFL player charged for spraying the “N” word and MAGA on walls to make it look like a hate crime 114 views
Founded 12-23-2009. Burned down by WordPress 8-15-2018 with 63M hits. Resurrected 8-23-2018. DDOS attacks began 11-10-2018. Massive Spam attacks on 12-3-2018.