This is a follow-up to our lowtechgrannie’s post of yesterday, “Two Mass Shooters and Banking Fraud?,” which debunked the rumor on the net that Peter Lanza and Robert Holmes — the fathers of mass murderers Adam Lanza and James Holmes, respectively — were both due to testify before the U.S. Senate on the Libor banking scandal. (Read more about the
rumor hoax here). The Libor scandal refers to a number of high-profile banks misreporting interest rates on transactions.
Lanza, 20, is the alleged gunman who killed 20 first-graders and 6 adults in Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, last Friday. Holmes is the alleged gunman who killed 12 and wounded 58 moviegoers at a premier midnight showing of the third Batman movie, “The Dark Knight Rises,” in a Century theater in Aurora, Colorado, on July 20, 2012.
Michael Brown of Spirit Daily points to five other spooky coincidences of the Sandy Hook and Aurora massacres:
1. The name “Sandy Hook” is written on a map in the Batman movie “The Dark Knight Rises” — the same movie shown in the Century theater in Aurora.
In “Dark Knight,” when plotters are determining where mayhem will erupt, police commissioner James Gordon (played by Gary Oldman) points to a map showing a targeted area identified as Sandy Hook, also known as “Strike Zone 1” where Gotham Stadium is located. where there is a Sandy Hook Bay. (Source: Digital Journal) While not Sandy Hook, Connecticut, it’s still kinda spooky that “Sandy Hook” is the only name penciled in large letters on the map.
2. Sandy Hook — a 6-miles-long barrier spit in Middletown Township in Monmouth County along the Atlantic Ocean coast of eastern New Jersey — was hit quite hard by last summer’s Hurricane Sandy. The barrier spit encloses the southern entrance of Lower New York Bay south of New York City.
3. The name “Aurora” appears on the top of a skyscraper in the backdrop of another scene in “Dark Knight.”
4. Suzanne Collins — the author of The Hunger Games, about young people who have to hunt down and kill each other, which was made into a recent movie with the same name — resides in Sandy Hook, Connecticut.
5. In the 1999 movie “The Matrix,” there’s a scene showing the passport of Neo expiring on September 11, 2001.
Are these mere accidental coincidences?
Are they instances of Swiss psychologist Carl Jung’s synchronicity? Synchronicity refers to temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events (i.e., the events are apparently not causally related) which reveal an underlying pattern or a larger framework. If they are, what is the underlying pattern or larger framework?
Or are these not coincidences at all, but rather signs of a hidden hand manipulating events, which some attribute to the Illuminati or the shadowy Powers That Be?