Shots fired near WH; Trump abruptly ends press conference

Last Thursay, August 6, while speaking to workers at a Whirlpool factory in Clyde, Ohio, President Trump made the following cryptic and very troubling remark:

“So I have a lot of enemies out there. This may be the last time you’ll see me for a while. A lot of very, very rich enemies, but they are not happy with what I’m doing. But I figure we have one chance to do it, and no other President is going to do what I do. No other President would do a favored nations, a rebate, a buy from other nations at much less cost. Nobody. And there are a lot of unhappy people, and they’re very rich people, and they’re very unhappy.”

For more, see my post, “President Trump: ‘This may be the last time you’ll see me for a while“.

I just heard on the Mark Levin radio talk show that just minutes into the President’s coronavirus briefing today, a Secret Service agent whispered into his ear, leading him and other administration officials to abruptly leave the stage.

There is a report that shots were fired near the White House.

Reporters in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room have been placed into lockdown and Secret Service have surrounded the West Wing.

Pray for President Trump!

Update:

New York Post reports that President Trump returned to the stage just minutes later to confirm someone had been taken to hospital following a shooting outside of the large White House wall. He said:

“It seems that the person was shot by the Secret Service so we’ll see what happens. It was outside of the White House. It seems that the shooting was done by law enforcement at the suspect, it was the suspect who was shot.”

The president said he was not taken into the secure underground bunker but to an area near the Oval Office, and that he did not fear for his safety.

Apparently #interrupttrump was trending on Twitter at the time the shooting happened. Hopefully just a coincidence…

Jen
Jen

I am not sure what #interrupttrump means but I have heard that it involves fifty days of going after the President starting in September. These people are well organized and will not stop.

Reply to  Jen

I heard it involves interrupting him during press briefings. You’re correct, they will not stop as the election is so close…

I find it so troubling that our society is in such a state of chaos. The only remedy truly is to pray for peace in our hearts, and the fortitude to weather whatever storm comes our way. May God Bless our President and protect both he and his family . . . and may the righteous followers of Jesus Christ be blessed and protected by the Heavens.

I liked that our President came back as soon as he was allowed to and finished the briefing. I tell ya-This Man is FEARLESS. Can’t help but think it’s partly because he KNOWS America’s prayers and our Lord are ALWAYS covering his back.

YouKnowWho
YouKnowWho
Reply to  truckjunkie

President Trump did not “abruptly” end the press conference. He was escorted to a secure area until his security staff could assure that it was safe for him to return. President Trump is in constant danger and the Secret Service will always err on the side of caution. You never know what the deep-state and OWG will do to further their agenda. And if violently removing President Trump from office is deemed necessary by them, then all precautions must be taken by us to protect President Trump.