Yesterday, March 26, 2019, the so-called Green New Deal, promoted by Demonrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY) and 2020 presidential expirant Sen. Kamala “I-slept-my-way-into-politics” Harris (CA), failed to pass a procedural vote in the U.S. Senate.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) put the Deal to a vote to force Demonrats to take a public stand on the measure and so divide the Demon Party’s moderates and progressives. He tweeted:
”I could not be more glad that the American people will have the opportunity to learn precisely where each one of their senators stand on the ‘Green New Deal’: a radical, top-down, socialist makeover of the entire US economy.”
The final vote was 57 against, and 0 for the plan:
- Two “red state” Democrats voted no: Sens. Joe Manchin (WVa) and Kyrsten Sinema (AZ).
- 43 Demonrats voted “present”.
Ocasio-Cortez predictably mouthed off, calling the vote a political stunt and a “disgrace”.
Source: New York Post
- California dairy farmers must buy multimillion $ cow-manure ‘digesters’ to comply with climate-change law
- It’s global warming! Record snow in Hawaii
- The rotten fruits of identity politics: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez declares war on white Democrats
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was appointed – not elected
- Confirmed: 2020 presidential candidate Kamala Harris slept her way into government
- Rising-star Democrat senator Kamala Harris ‘jokes’ about killing President Trump
- Pro-reparations Kamala Harris’ ancestor was a slave-owner
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!