So this morning was up bright and early to go on a hike on 7 th street carefree . It was a beautiful morning but as we were walking down the hill I literally almost stepped on a mf rattlesnake. But my hero of a puppy Todd saved me He jumped right in front of my leg were I surely would have got bit. This is what a hero looks like 🌵🌈 please say a little prayer for my sweet hero.
Godwin told The Arizona Republic: “It would have stuck me for sure in the leg, but Todd got in the way … he definitely saved me from being bitten, so that’s why I call him my hero.” (AZCentral)
Godwin quickly got Todd to an animal hospital, where the vet treated the pup with antivenom and kept him for the rest of the day for monitoring. While rattlesnake bite is rarely fatal to adult humans, the venom can be very painful and cause blurred vision, numbness, pain and difficulty breathing.
The pup was honored at an Arizona Diamondbacks game the following week.
After a bit of rest, Todd is back on his feet. The swelling has gone down, but he still has a black wound on the side of his nose.