“Every nation has the government it deserves.” – Count Joseph-Marie de Maistre (1763-1821)
Today is the first day of the 116th United States Congress.
Last November, American voters saw fit to elect a majority of Democrats to the House of Representatives.
As a demonstration of the House majority Democrats’ priority, their first order of business is the killing of tiny, innocent, unborn human beings.
The faces of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) — who portrays her beginnings as humble, from Bronx, when she actually grew up in upper middle-class Westchester County — and the other freshman Congresswomen remind me of this scene from The Devil’s Advocate (1997):
House Democrats have inserted language to expand abortion access into a bill to end the partial government shutdown. The bill is set for a vote tomorrow; the federal government has faced a partial government shutdown for 12 days. (H/t Washington Examiner)
The abortion language inserted into the spending bill is meant to:
- Undo what President Trump did on January 23, 2017, his first full day of work as President. That day, which was a day after the 44th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, President Trump signed his first executive order reinstating the Mexico City Policy that bans U.S. taxpayers’ funding of at least half a billion dollars to international non-government organizations (NGOs) that perform abortions or provide information about abortion. House Democrats’ spending bill includes language specifying that NGOs that perform abortions consistent with the laws in their country are eligible for U.S. family planning funds.
- Increase funding for the forced abortion-sterilization promoting United Nations Population Fund from $5 million to $37.5 million. The Trump administration’s State Department ended contributions to the fund because anti-abortion groups oppose its relationship with China, where citizens are not permitted to have more than two children, leading to forced abortions, sterilizations, and female infanticide.
Update (Jan. 8): House Democrats passed a first bill to restore $100 million in funding for Planned Parenthood. (LifeNews)
Such are the priorities of Demorats: Tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to fund abortions in the world and for Planned Parenthood in the U.S., but not for a US-Mexico border wall, never mind that Israel — the largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid — has an impregnable sea-land border wall.
Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List, said in a statement Democrats were “already trying to foist a radical pro-abortion agenda on the nation”. Since “a strong majority of Americans oppose taxpayer funding of abortion,” House Democrats’ repeal of Trump’s policy on nongovernmental organizations would make “taxpayers complicit in the exportation of abortion and destruction of countless unborn children around the world. This is unconscionable and we oppose the bill in the strongest terms.”
Refusing to meet Trump’s demands for $5 billion to fund a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico, House Democrats plan to vote on two separate bills tomorrow to fund the federal government. Thankfully, the bills face dim prospects in the GOP-controlled Senate.
Meanwhile, you should know that abortion was the leading cause of death in the world in 2018.
There were approximately 41.95 million abortions carried out around the world in 2018, according to Worldometers, an organization that tracks death statistics. Overall, the deaths by abortion outnumbered those from cancer (8.2 million), malaria, HIV/AIDS (1.7 million), smoking, alcohol, and traffic accidents put together.
- Democrats introduce House bill calling abortion a human right
- Betrayal: Brett Kavanaugh casts deciding Supreme Court vote enabling Medicaid funding of Planned Parenthood
- Three anti-abortion achievements that would never happen if Democrats were in power
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!