A Way of Salvation for our Nation
By David Heeren*
This nation began with one of its greatest forefathers, George Washington, spending two hours every morning on his knees in prayer. A series of amazing events followed that could be called miracles, resulting in the American colonies’ liberation from British oppression.
The overriding issue we face today is: How much longer can our nation remain free unless we again adopt a resolute posture of entreaty before our God?
Most of us probably can’t spend as much time in prayer as Washington did, but if every patriot took a few minutes every day to pray humbly and fervently for the U.S.A., it could have more impact than all of the phone calls we have made to Washington, D.C.
God is faithful. He does not lie. He has promised (2 Chronicles 7:14):
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land.
Please share this thought with other patriotic Americans.
* David Heeren is the author of seven books, including two recent books with Christian themes. The first of the two, The Sign of His Coming, was published in 2007 by Creation House. In it Heeren seeks to identify the sign of Jesus’ return described in Matthew 24:29-30. The second, published in 2009, is In His Steps Again, on persons who commit themselves to one year of living based on the theme what-would-Jesus-do, in a 21st century world of romance, adventure, danger and suspense.
- David Heeren’s “What the Bible Has to Say About the U.S.A.“
- Mike’s “Prayer and Fasting Can Stop an Atomic Bomb!”
- Mike’s “How God-loving Americans can restore our country in 9 simple steps”
- “God is Mercy, but we must ask (the miracle of the drowning man)”
I have been praying for our beloved America, but I now pledge that I will say a prayer upon awaking every morning.
Will you also pledge? Please join me!