The Bilderberg Group is a secretive club of some of the world’s most powerful people. Formed 58 years ago, the group met for the first time on May 29, 1954, at Hotel de Bilderberg in Oosterbeek in the Netherlands, and derived its name from the hotel.
As described on its official website that has no insignia or symbols, the Bilderberg Group is a “by-invitation-only” club of around 140 very high-power people from the world’s business, finance, oil, politics, media, industry, academia and nobility who meet once a year in “a small, flexible, informal and off-the-record international forum in which different viewpoints can be expressed and mutual understanding enhanced. Bilderberg’s only activity is its annual Conference. At the meetings, no resolutions are proposed, no votes taken, and no policy statements issued.”
The Bilderberg Group customarily meet in some European country or another — France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Denmark, England, Scotland, Norway. But not this year.
This year, from May 30 to June 3, the Bilderbergers met in the United States — at the Westfield Marriott Hotel in Chantilly, Virginia, just a stone’s throw from Washington, D.C. The last time Bilderberg met in the United States was in 2008.
So what do 2012 and 2008 have in common?
Answer: Both are presidential election years in the United States!
On June 5, 2008 — the first day of the Bilderberg meeting in Chantilly, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton both “mysteriously disappeared” for some hours “somewhere in the DC area,” their agendas blocked out. Two days later, Hillary withdrew from the race and Obama became the Democratic Party’s presidential candidate.
This year too, four staff members of the Westfield Marriott Hotel told The Guardian‘s Charlie Skelton that they saw Mitt Romney at the Bilderberg meeting.
Though extremely secretive, in the United States the Bilderberg group operates under the business entity “American Friends of Bilderberg” as a 501c3 tax exempt foundation.
Since the IRS requires all 501c3 Tax Exempt Foundations to make certain records public, Mark Dice of Stop Making Sense was able to obtain the secretive group’s 2007-2010 tax returns.
In 2008, the American Friends of Bilderberg filed a 22-page tax return c/o James Johnson, Perseus, LLC, 1325 Ave. of the Americas, 25th fl, New York, NY 10019. (James Johnson signed the tax return as “Treasurer”.)
That year, Bilderberg received $645,000 in contributions to fund their annual meeting (travel, hotel, etc.). Below are the contributors and the amounts of their monetary contribution to Bilderberg:
- Henry Kissinger: $20,000
- David Rockefeller: $50,000
- Freeport McMoran Foundation (of New Orleans, LA): $10,000
- Microsoft: $75,000
- Marie Josee & Henry R. Kravis Foundation: $50,000
- The Jennie Zoline Foundation: $25,000
- Wolfensohn Family Foundation: $25,000
- Peter Thiel: $75,000
- Johnson Family Fund: $25,000
- Big Hen Grkoup [sic] LLC: $75,000
- Altman/Kazickas Foundation: $25,000
- The Washington Post Company: $25,000
- The Ripplewood Foundation Inc: $75,000
- Goldman Sachs & Co: $25,000
- Lazard Freres & Co LLC: $25,000
- RW Sant Revocable Trust: $25,000
- The Coca Cola Company: $10,000
- William S Paley Foundation: $5,000
The following is a list of Bilderberg’s officers, directors, trustees, and key employees in 2008 (they are all volunteers as they received $0 in compensation):
- Marie-Josee Kravis, President/Director
- James A. Johnson, Treasurer/Director
- Jessica T. Mathews, Secretary/Director
- Henry Kissinger, Director
- David Rockefeller, Director
- Richard N. Perle, Director
- Vernon E. Jordan, Jr., Director
- James D. Wolfensohn, Director
Bilderberg’s 2010 Tax Returns listed the following contributors:
- Botwinick-Wolfensohn Foundation: $25,000
- Donald Graham (NY): $25,000
- Peter Thiehl: $50,000
- Marie Josee Henry R Kravis Foundation: $50,000
- Freeport-McMoran Foundation: $10,000
- David Rockefeller: $25,000
- Henry Kissinger: $10,000
In its 2010 tax returns, Bilderberg listed its “Directors” as Klaus Kleinfeld, James D. Wolfensohn, Roger Caltman, Vernon E. Jordan Jr., Richard N. Perle, David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, Jessica T. Mathews (also Secretary), James A. Johnson (also Treasurer), and Marie-Josee Kravis (also President).
Bilderberg 2008 Tax Returns 22 pages
Bilderberg 2009 Tax Returns 21 pages
Bilderberg 2010 Tax Returns 23 pages
H/t The Solari Report Blog