By now you’ve heard the story of Elizabeth Warren who is the Harvard law professor running for Senate in Massachusetts. Warren has claimed questionable Native American minority status (1/32 Cherokee) for years to reap career “diversity” benefits. Warren stated that she didn’t need to provide documentation because family “lore” backed her up. Read more about this here.
Warren was touting her claim of Cherokee heritage as early as 1984, according to a cookbook titled “Pow Wow Chow” that includes Warren’s recipes for a savory crab omelet and spicy barbecued beans. The cookbook, edited by Warren’s cousin Candy Rowsey, is a compilation of “special recipes passed down through the Five Tribes families,” according to the introduction.
Because of Warren’s Native American claim, some hilarious reviews have recently popped up on Amazon. A sample of some of the best:
- Overall this selection is lacking and has just a few good recipes inside. One for Humble Pie and another for Roasted Crow.
- Admirers of Pow Wow Chow may also enjoy Bow Wow Chow, a Indonesian-influenced cookbook from a former professor now in politics.
- I’m confused; each recipe calls for 0/32 measurements of ingredients — that doesn’t add up to anything. I have serious reservations about these recipes.
- If you don’t have the enviable ‘high’ cheekbones of the Cherokee people, you should probably pass on this book as most of the recipes require at least 1/32 high cheekbones for chewing.
- The chili that was listed by Lizzie Warren gave me heartburn that was about as intense as the burning the liberals and Mass must feel in their soulless pits for nominating her.
- I thoroughly enjoy the recipes here. My favorite one is called “Diversity Dish.” This was contributed by the world’s only confirmed blond-haired, blue-eyed Cherokee who used her tomahawk to dig this up from her Oklahoma archives. You start out with 10 quarts of sanctimony, add in a gallon of hypocrisy, throw in a few fables (I recommend the “Family Lore” brand available in Cambridge), add a pinch of whining (1/32 ounce will work), toss in a paleface poseur and a large measure of insufferability. No integrity required. And there you have it: political career implosion.
- Thanks, Elizabeth, for your poison kabob accuracy into the sum total of the liberal recipe: Clogged with deceit, hideous cliches, uber-hypocrisy, tomato mayonnaise, cold crab meat omelettes, and otherwise devoid of anything the least bit nutritious for the soul.
Ha, gotta love it!