Latana Chai lived with her two daughters and an 8-month-old pit bull named Sasha in a fourplex on East Yorkshire Drive in Stockton, California.
Sasha was outside in the back yard, on Sunday, June 3, 2018.
Just before midnight, the dog made a ruckus, repeatedly throwing herself against the back door and wouldn’t stop barking until her owner came outside.
That’s when Chai saw that a raging fire was spreading from a neighbor’s complex over to her home.
Chai rushed into her home to save her 7-month-old baby, but Sasha was already in the baby’s room, dragging the baby by the diaper to safety.
Chai said: “I ran into the room and I see Sasha. She has my baby by the diaper just dragging her off the bed — trying to get her to safety. I grab my baby. I grab Sasha. And, I grabbed my phone and I called 911.”
Chai credits the dog’s barking for saving all of their lives: “(Sasha) saved everybody. Because if it wasn’t for her, I don’t think that any of us in this complex would have known anything… If she wasn’t barking or really going at the door like that, I probably wouldn’t have known nothing.”
See also these other heroic creatures-without-sin:
- In a flash, border collie saves tiny chihuahua from being run over by car
- Dog uses own body to keep toddler alive in Siberian cold
- Blind dog, Norman, rescues drowning girl
- Puppy ‘took the bullet’ to protect woman from rattlesnake
- Little dog saves 4 tiny kittens from fire
- Cat protects 5-year-old boy from bullies
- 3-year-old boy kept alive by wild bear in freezing rain
- Animal altruism: Heroic penguin shields chicks from predator
- 7 animals who saved humans
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!