“You will know them by their fruits.” -Matthew 7:15
Former Congressman Tom Tancredo sounds the warning on his blog that the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) movement not only is a hard left-wing movement, it has turned violent and therfore has become a “homeland security issue”.
As proof of OWS’s hard left character, let’s look at who its supporters are, beginning with the regime in North Korea, the last redoubt of diehard communism in the world today.
On October 18, 2011, the government of psychopath “Dear Leader” Kim Jong Il released a statement praising OWS for facilitating “the working masses’ struggle against capitalism”:
“The Occupy Wall St[reet] movement was an eruption of the exploited classes’ pent-up wrath at the exploiters. It was also an expression of the will to remove the stronghold of capitalism as a whole which brings only exploitation, oppression, unemployment and poverty to the popular masses … [in a] corrupt society where the rich get ever richer and the poor get ever poorer.”
- ACORN (under different names, including New York Communities for Change, Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment, and Affordable Housing Centers of America)
- AdBusters Media Foundation
- Alliance For Global Justice
- American Nazi Party (OWS is anti-Semitic)
- Citizen Action
- Common Cause,
- Communist Party USA
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Democratic Socialists of America
- International Socialist Organization
- National People’s Action
- Peace and Freedom Party
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Socialist Party USA
- Take The Square
- Think Progress
- United for Peace and Justice
- Workers World Party
- Working Families Party (founded by ACORN in 1996)
North Korea and the groups above would have us believe that OWS is a struggle by “the working masses” and the “exploited classes.” You mean such as the “exploited” “working class” individuals below? (Most of the following names are from Discover the Networks; some are from my post “Who Are the Top 1%?“. Most of the estimated net worth figures are from Celebrity Net Worth):
- Mumia Abu Jamal, convicted cop-killer.
- Alec Baldwin, actor (net worth $65 million).
- Roseanne Barr, entertainer (net worth $80 million).
- Charles Barron, black nationalist.
- Kathy Bates, actress (net worth 32 million).
- Russell Brand, actor (combined net worth with wife, singer Katy Perry: $63 million).
- Hugo Chavez, Venezuelan president (net worth $1 billion).
- Deepak Chopra, New Age guru & public speaker (net worth $80 million).
- Bill Clinton, former president (net worth $80 million; combined net worth with wife Hillary: $101.5 million).
- Peter Dreier, Occidental College (Obama’s alma mater!) professor & ACORN shill.
- Keith Ellison, congressman (average net worth -$-21,497).
- Russ Feingold, former senator (net worth in 2009: $441,737).
- Lisa Fithian, longtime labor activist, National Steering Committee member of United for Peace and Justice.
- Jane Fonda, actress (networth $120 million).
- Barney Frank, congressman (net worth $1.88 to $4.74 million).
- Danny Glover, actor (net worth $15 million).
- Al Gore, former vice president (net worth $100 million).
- Raul Grijalva, congressman (networth in 2009: $19,007 to $195,999).
- Arlo Guthrie, folk singer.
- Jeffery Immelt, General Electric CEO & Obama’s “jobs czar” (net worth $60 million).
- Jesse Jackson, civil rights agitator (net worth $10 million).
- Van Jones, revolutionary communist & Obama’s former “green czar” (net worth $1.1 million).
- Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, Iran’s supreme leader.
- Talib Kweli, hip-hop artist (net worth $14 million).
- Dennis Kucinich, congressman (net worth $196,000 to $352,000).
- Kalle Lasn, anti-consumerism activist.
- Natasha Lennard, New York Times reporter.
- Stephen Lerner, SEIU labor leader who’s calling on people to not pay their mortgages (average total compensation of SEIU officers and employees is $65,654).
- John Lewis, congressman (net worth in 2009: $9,009 to $135,000).
- Rachel Maddow, TV personality (net worth $12.5 million).
- Bette Midler, entertainer (net worth $175 million).
- Robby Mook, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee director.
- Michael Moore, filmmaker (net worth $50 million).
- Barack Obama, President (net worth $10.5 million).
- Rosie O’Donnell, entertainer (net worth $100 million).
- Keith Olbermann, TV personality (net worth $35 million).
- Yoko Ono, famous for having married John Lennon (net worth $500 million).
- Nancy Pelosi, congresswoman (net worth $21.74 million).
- Sean Penn, actor (net worth $150 million).
- Frances Fox Piven, Marxist academic who is the surviving half of the Cloward-Piven Strategy to bankrupt America by overloading government with welfare demands.
- Charles Rangel, corrupt congressman (net worth in 2007: $1.028 million to $2.495 million).
- Wade Rathke, ACORN founder (In June 2008, Wade stepped down as ACORN’s chief organizer when his brother, Dale, was found to have embezzled $948,607.50 from ACORN and affiliated charitable organizations in 1999-2000. Wade Rathke, however, remains chief organizer for Acorn International L.L.C.)
- Tim Robbins, actor (net worth $50 million).
- Mark Ruffalo, actor (net worth $10 million).
- Susan Sarandon, actress (net worth $50 million).
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz, congresswoman (net worth in 2009: $-231,995 to $214,997).
- Jan Schakowsky, congresswoman (net worth in 2009: $-13,976 to $390,999).
- Pete Seeger, folk singer.
- Russell Simmons, hip-hop mogul (net worth $325 million).
- George Soros, financier (net worth $22 billion).
- Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO President (total compensation in 2010: $283,340.00).
- Jim Wallis, Progressive “social justice” preacher whose organization Sojourners had a total revenue of $4.6 million in 2008 and is partly funded by George Soros’ Open Society Institute.
- Elizabeth Warren, Harvard Law School (Obama’s alma mater!) professor; former Obama adviser on TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program); currently running as a Democrat in Massachusetts’ U.S. Senate race (against Scott Brown); claims to have created “much of the intellectual foundation” for the OWS movement. In 1996, Warren had the 3rd highest salary at Harvard Law, at $181,300. She lives in a $1.7 million home in Cambridge, MA.
- Cornel West, Princeton University Marxist professor (West makes a 6-figure salary and also gets paid 6-figures for his speaking engagements).
- Kanye West, hip-hop singer (net worth $70 million).
These individuals are no more “working class” folk than I am. Unlike me, however, most of the people above have net worths that make them members of the “top 1%” — the supposed target of the Occupy Wall Street movement. And yet, they vocally support the “we are the 99%” OWS movement.
As Bill Whittle explains in his video, they are oikophobes — the products of an affluent America (see “OWS is Occupy Envy“), who hate America and Americans. Is it any wonder that the OWS movement — the product of a psychological and spiritual pathology — has become a pathological stew of internecine squabbling, rat and lice infestation, public defecation, rape, theft, robbery, smearing urine and blood on a food-vendor’s cart, andphysical assault on the elderly?
“By their actions, you will know them.” -Matthew 7:15